Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

No Sound From Caller

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Sensation phone from T-mobile and I've tried other phones, but to no avail. I can dial and the people on the other end can hear me, but I can't hear them even when I try the SOS. I have an 05 530i.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
New Members

I just purchased a 2006 530xi wagon, and this happened the first time I tried taking a call through the i-drive. I am also interested in what the fix is for this.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

So I have a 2009, 535xi (so different Idrive), but there have been times when I can dial out, and instead of using the car stereo, it actually stays on the phone, so they can here me, but I cant here them unless I put the phone on speaker.

My fix was to just turn the car off, unpair the phone, then re-pair the phone, and it worked again.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

What I have seen is that if I dial from the phone, I have to talk to the phone (unless I manually switch source from the phone to Bluetooth).
If I dial from the car, I have to speak to the car (again unless I manually switch sources, or walk away so far from the car that the bluetooth disconnects).

So I think what you (not Roy7) are seeing is expected. You can't dial from the phone and expect to speak to the car and hear back from the car.

So I am not sure what phones you guys are using, but have you tried to switch the audio source on the phone? On an iPhone, it's an option on the call screen when talking - not sure of other phones.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i xDrive; Black Sapphire Metallic; Premium, Cold Weather Packages, Navi, PDC, 20% Solargard Tint

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
What I have seen is that if I dial from the phone, I have to talk to the phone (unless I manually switch source from the phone to Bluetooth).
If I dial from the car, I have to speak to the car (again unless I manually switch sources, or walk away so far from the car that the bluetooth disconnects).

So I think what you (not Roy7) are seeing is expected. You can't dial from the phone and expect to speak to the car and hear back from the car.

So I am not sure what phones you guys are using, but have you tried to switch the audio source on the phone? On an iPhone, it's an option on the call screen when talking - not sure of other phones.
Well normally I can dial from the phone and still talk to blue tooth and vice versa (I have the option of switching my audio source).

It's a very specific problem for me - and possibly the op - when I dial from any source (car or phone), the other person picks up, and can hear, but I cannot hear him or her through my bluetooth within the car.

If I switch the "output source" on my phone to the iphone or the speakerphone (of the iphone) I can then hear the person through the phone.

Now an easier solution was for me to just turn off the car bluetooth then turn it back on, and this problem happens to infrequently that I dont care all that much.