Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

New 3g Iphone pics leaked

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I've had the iphone for roughly a year now and it's a nifty device, but based upon the pictures I don't think it's worth upgrading if you already have one. The only way I can see this not being true is if apple releases software/updates that are not available to Gen1 iphone owners or they happen to release a phone with a substantial memory increase (50+ M.

Since this is a BMW forum you also should be aware of the fact that as software updates are released for the iphone (or new iphone hardware) the greater the chance of incompatibility with the idrive system in the car. While I was at the dealer for an oil change there was another owner there with a '05 545 and his iphone stopped working with the car once he "upgraded" his iphone software to 1.1.2 . He ended up having to DOWNGRADE the phone's software to get everything to work. Another option would be to go to the dealer and have them upgrade your car's software, but that'll likely cost you $$.

I bought the iphone initially because of the "cool appeal" but later I've enjoyed countless hours of movie/TV show watching at work or on long flights.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='589630' date='May 27 2008, 08:43 PM

Nice pictures!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

just seen this a while back im up for a new phone but i have T-Mobile!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

The iphone 3G is already out and will be for sale in July. The 8 gig is $199 and the 16 gig is $299. It looks extremely promising check out the speech by Steve Jobs.

http://www.apple.com/

Rick.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Yet another comment on Verizon service. They definitely have the best coverage/signal quality. I used to be with Sprint years ago and the coverage was horrible! At work, the very instant I stepped through the doors, my signal would drop until I left the building at the end of the day. I used to think that my company had some kind of block on Sprint signals or something. With Verizon, my signal is almost always strong, even in stairwells and elevators. What's strange/funny is that now we have a Sprint kiosk in the building. Go figure.

I will say, though, that Verizon probably has the most boring, unentertaining phones in the business.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='601811' date='Jun 13 2008, 08:10 AM
Yet another comment on Verizon service. They definitely have the best coverage/signal quality. I used to be with Sprint years ago and the coverage was horrible! At work, the very instant I stepped through the doors, my signal would drop until I left the building at the end of the day. I used to think that my company had some kind of block on Sprint signals or something. With Verizon, my signal is almost always strong, even in stairwells and elevators. What's strange/funny is that now we have a Sprint kiosk in the building. Go figure.

I will say, though, that Verizon probably has the most boring, unentertaining phones in the business.
I agree that from a signal strength standpoint, Verizon is a clear winner. I will say, however, that the voice sound quality with Verizon is worse than sound qualtiy of the GSM providers (ATT & T-Mobile.)

Why does there always have to be a trade-off?
Old 06-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Iphone 3G will be a nice improvement to the Gen 1 phone. Love the GPS added storage and slimmer profile. I will get getting the 16 gig. Get ready to see a ton more iphone users at this price point. Anyone getting one on the 11th.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by DINAN530i' post='601937' date='Jun 13 2008, 11:35 AM
Iphone 3G will be a nice improvement to the Gen 1 phone. Love the GPS added storage and slimmer profile. I will get getting the 16 gig. Get ready to see a ton more iphone users at this price point. Anyone getting one on the 11th.
I'd like to get one but are they releasing the service to verizon? If so i'm there..

Rick..
Old 06-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='602051' date='Jun 13 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd like to get one but are they releasing the service to verizon? If so i'm there..

Rick..

Slick, no word or even rumors of iphone going to vzw, however there rumors of a blackberry touchscreen device exclusive for vzw to be released later this year. I posted it somewhere here under "blackberry thunder"
Old 06-13-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by geneatals' post='602343' date='Jun 13 2008, 08:53 PM
Slick, no word or even rumors of iphone going to vzw, however there rumors of a blackberry touchscreen device exclusive for vzw to be released later this year. I posted it somewhere here under "blackberry thunder"
Something tells me it won't be on the iphone level and most likely will be more expensive.

Quick Reply: New 3g Iphone pics leaked