Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

iPhone and 5er - inside scoop

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:32 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='441879' date='Jun 30 2007, 12:01 PM
Anyone else able to see the keyboard video? Every time I click the large link, I end up with the activation video (again.)
Yeah, those links seem to be incorrect...I know the site was redesigned for the launch.

The downloadable version of the keyboard video works, and I also have it here:

http://apple.doit.wisc.edu/media/iph...e_keyboard.mov
Old 06-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by das' post='441886' date='Jun 30 2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, those links seem to be incorrect...I know the site was redesigned for the launch.

The downloadable version of the keyboard video works, and I also have it here:

http://apple.doit.wisc.edu/media/iph...e_keyboard.mov
Yeah, I ended up dowloading the file earlier once I saw the name of the .mov file contained the word "keyboard".

I was just wondering if they had the links screwed up or if something funky was happening with my cache. It's pretty surprising that they would have bad links on their site, isn't it?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
das
Site Founders

My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='441904' date='Jun 30 2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I ended up dowloading the file earlier once I saw the name of the .mov file contained the word "keyboard".

I was just wondering if they had the links screwed up or if something funky was happening with my cache. It's pretty surprising that they would have bad links on their site, isn't it?
It's already fixed...with the number of times they have redesigned the site and added to it for the launch, I'm not surprised. ;-) Whenever that happens with a big vendor, it's usually fixed pretty quickly.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by das' post='441906' date='Jun 30 2007, 03:21 PM
It's already fixed...with the number of times they have redesigned the site and added to it for the launch, I'm not surprised. ;-) Whenever that happens with a big vendor, it's usually fixed pretty quickly.
I hadn't tried it again but I agree that large vendors usually fix things quickly -- which is why I was surprised it even happened in the first place -- the odds are so slim that the error would even be around long enough for anyone to notice it.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='441427' date='Jun 29 2007, 12:32 PM
The LCI's ipod kit is very very different. We don't know yet about the older iPod interface.
I just tried an iphone in my 2006 550 with dealer installed MOST USB ipod interface. The iphone and
car work perfectly together. BMW's June 29th announcement is confusing on the date issue only. The
phone works perfectly on MOST USB interface enabled cars (2nd generation ipod support). I have not
checked phone signal if the iphone is left in the glovebox.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Originally Posted by jadubin' post='442665' date='Jul 2 2007, 04:49 PM
I just tried an iphone in my 2006 550 with dealer installed MOST USB ipod interface. The iphone and
car work perfectly together. BMW's June 29th announcement is confusing on the date issue only. The
phone works perfectly on MOST USB interface enabled cars (2nd generation ipod support). I have not
checked phone signal if the iphone is left in the glovebox.
I believe you may be a bit confused (as I was). The 1st gen. apple/ipod kit plugs up in the glove and displays no song or playlist names. The 2nd gen MOST ipod kit also plugs in glove but playlists, song titles etc... appear on idrive (this is what I have in my 550 9/06 production). The newer kit is not ipod specific. Its a USB interface in the center console that has two jacks. Apparently you buy a $50 cord to go from the two jacks (one being a computer type usb port) to an ipod connector. I have heard that these two jacks CANNOT BE RETROFITTED even to post 3/07 models. Its factory installed or you're out of luck. I would hope that BMW will sell a retrofit kit. Although it would be a lot of work, I'm gathering my car would be eligible and I would have it installed, no doubt.

I believe you plugged the iphone into the 2nd gen. MOST cable, which charges the phone and plays music, but I did it once and I will never do it again. It is, as the error message on the iphone reads "incompatible".

DRP
Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='443039' date='Jul 3 2007, 01:15 PM
I believe you may be a bit confused (as I was). The 1st gen. apple/ipod kit plugs up in the glove and displays no song or playlist names. The 2nd gen MOST ipod kit also plugs in glove but playlists, song titles etc... appear on idrive (this is what I have in my 550 9/06 production). The newer kit is not ipod specific. Its a USB interface in the center console that has two jacks. Apparently you buy a $50 cord to go from the two jacks (one being a computer type usb port) to an ipod connector. I have heard that these two jacks CANNOT BE RETROFITTED even to post 3/07 models. Its factory installed or you're out of luck. I would hope that BMW will sell a retrofit kit. Although it would be a lot of work, I'm gathering my car would be eligible and I would have it installed, no doubt.

I believe you plugged the iphone into the 2nd gen. MOST cable, which charges the phone and plays music, but I did it once and I will never do it again. It is, as the error message on the iphone reads "incompatible".

DRP
You are correct as I was referring to the MOST interface 2nd generation and nothing USB. However, I don't understand why
you would not use this functioning interface in your car. Many will not or can not upgrade to the USB connectors you describe and
the MOST interface works perfectly. There is a brief warning message but so what. There are posts that say the phone works "somewhat" but they are not saying what is working or not working. Everything worked for me as before with my Ipod/Nano.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jadubin' post='443647' date='Jul 5 2007, 11:10 AM
You are correct as I was referring to the MOST interface 2nd generation and nothing USB. However, I don't understand why
you would not use this functioning interface in your car. Many will not or can not upgrade to the USB connectors you describe and
the MOST interface works perfectly. There is a brief warning message but so what. There are posts that say the phone works "somewhat" but they are not saying what is working or not working. Everything worked for me as before with my Ipod/Nano.
Well that's good to know that it works. I just may buy the ipod adaptor now. Let us know how/if it continues to work out for you.