Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

How many actually have a cell phone in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the BMW phone (Motorola V60s) installed in the car and it has worked perfectly since the install. No problems downloading, roaming, voice recognition is terrific, address book there on idrive, missed calls, redial, etc...

The problem I do have is the quality of the transmission is godawful for most people. It's odd, because some phones receive the transmission beautifully, but most people complain of a really bad echo. Anyone else have this problem??

(yes the antenna is connected via the purple connector - reception is excellent)
Old 09-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

CPT 9000 works great for me.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

old school here, just carry my plain old cell phone w/ me, no bluetooth, and in fact rarely even turn it on...
Same here. I thought I had lost it once but found it under the seat after a couple of days.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Dave

I had the V60 (BMW) installed. works very well. Dealer actually gave me the BMW V60 because I had a to wait a week for my car during an entertainment system computer reprogram. Interface for some new 5 series for entertainment system inadvertently had the European interface installed. I was one of the unfortunate ones. All works great now.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

On the phone front, I just got the new Motorola 710 with a wireless bluetooth headset. I leave the phone in the door pocket and just use the headset. It is totally voice activated and works almost flawlessly.
i used to put my phone in there, too. but i forgot to take it w/me a few times . my cell phone is the second most important thing in my life . the most important...of course this forum !

Same here. I thought I had lost it once but found it under the seat after a couple of days.
that's why i don't want to put it in a place that is out of my sight .
Old 09-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Members

I've got my T610 in my pocket... and probably I will get a Visorcom bluetooth in the near future. Too big deal about theese cell phones.. This car is made for driveing. I can live without a phone there anyway...
Old 09-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Members

I got the bluetooth phone pre and I use a T630. Its superb apart from two things.

The volume is way too low and the fact text messages warnings dont come up on idrive sucks.

I got the T610 caddy as well under the armrest and this is really superb for having a nice place to put the phone and tidy. Also nice to have it charged all the time.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Sep 13 2004, 11:48 AM
The problem I do have is the quality of the transmission is godawful for most people. It's odd, because some phones receive the transmission beautifully, but most people complain of a really bad echo. Anyone else have this problem??
I've heard the echo complaint too but it seems that I don't hear it too often. I haven't had anyone call me from the car to see for myself but I suspect if you turn up the volume too much, the called party may hear themselves -- causing the echo.

Next time someone complains, turn down the volume and ask them if it's any better.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Contributors

Ok. So far roughly half the forum responses are with a phone built-in. Anyone know what the general BMW 5 owner gets?
I will investigate pulling out the cradle. BTW, dealer said I may void warranty on electricals if I did it myself. :'(
Old 09-13-2004, 10:54 PM

What's it cost anyway to install the phone? Just curious. I myself, use a cell just because I rotate cars during the week. Cell phone fits perfectly in the padded portion of the door pocket.

Quick Reply: How many actually have a cell phone in the car?