Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Help! Bluetooth install is in trouble!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Dec 17 2004, 06:51 PM
WOW, I finally got it working. My dealer was very helpful, but almost at the point of giving up. Apparently, the TCU unit that was in my car was faulty, and so even with v13.3 installed, nothing was working. So they put in a new TCU and it was up and running.

The power of this thing is magical, I really love BT and how it integrates. My wife said that the sound is just fine, and I can't believe how all the names show up on my idrive screen. The strange thing is that they are only the ones that were on my previous phone, apparently in the SIM card, not the phone's memory, and they transferred into the car while at the dealer.? Oddly, many of them still don't show in the phone display, but all show up in the idrive!

It's great!? Thanks for help from everyone on it.
[snapback]70125[/snapback]
Finally, I've been waiting for that news. Congratulations. Its a great system and you will love it. The little annoyances far outway the functionality convenience and ease of operation and isn't that RAZR great.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Titanium Silver/Black, Sport, Premium, L7, Cold

Originally Posted by kt8509' date='Dec 16 2004, 11:12 PM
Any updates?? I have a 8/04 build and would love to find out if the dealer needs to do anything other than the s/w update.

I also just bought a Razr V3.
[snapback]69849[/snapback]
DONE!

Got Bluetooth retrofit on 8/04 545i. Latest version at dealer was 13.3. They did it in 2-3 hrs. No cable hookup or nothing - just CIP upgrade. Had the emissions recall done so they aren't charging me for the CIP upgrade. Was gonna charge me 1 hr labor but said they'd do it for 1/2 hour (~$50).

Working seamlessly with Motorola V3 Razr. Went through the pairing instructions - very easy. turned off car, talked to Service Advisor for a few minutes, got back in the car and my phonebook had transferred (about 250 entries).

Couple of questions for you Bluetooth veterans.
1. The other person can hear a little echo, so I turn down the volume but then I can barely hear them. Is there another "knob" to tweak?

2. Specific to the Motorola Razr, does anyone else hear a buzzing noise sometimes through the car speakers (or any other speakers i.e. computer speakers, stereo speakers, etc.)? It's intermittent but very annoying.

Other than that, this is the best handsfree car system I've had!

BTW, what's that little triangle next to the antenna signal?
Old 12-28-2004, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

1. The other person can hear a little echo, so I turn down the volume but then I can barely hear them. Is there another "knob" to tweak?
Don't turn it down that much. There is a comfortable setting somewhere in between where the caller will tell you you sound like you are on a land line. Also speak normally, the MIC is the one on the left and very sensitive. Resist the temptation to raise your voice. The other party will notice a marked improvement. BTW the mic on the right is for Voice commands.
2. Specific to the Motorola Razr, does anyone else hear a buzzing noise sometimes through the car speakers (or any other speakers i.e. computer speakers, stereo speakers, etc.)? It's intermittent but very annoying.
Never heard a buzzing noise, but sometimes a weird ring tone when calling. I just attribute it to the cell site.
BTW, what's that little triangle next to the antenna signal?
The Cingular/ATT merger is a work in progress. They have tweaked their system so that you no longer see the roaming triangle on the handset, but the BMW Ulf still indicates that you are on an ATT site with the triangle. If you are on a Nationwide plan you will not be charged for roaming, but thats all its telling you. That you are using an ATT tower. They say this is supposed to be fully integrated in Los Angeles by March. They will also be converting old ATT TDMA sites to GSM so our coverage should improve as well.

I met with wnrussel yesterday and we did some extensive testing and comparison of the voice quality of the RAZR vs the Verizon V710. The vote went to the RAZR. Both phones paired fine and the address book transfered quickly. The voice quality in the car was the same for both phones, but the RAZR got the nod for voice quality from the other party. He said it sounded like a land line whereas the V710 sounded like we were on a speaker phone.