Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Going in for bluetooth retrofit tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Download this and print it out. I keep a copy in the glove box.

Your Voice dial should work. Say "Dial home" or "Call Home" . To do this press the Voice button, not the phone button. It takes some time to search your address book for a match. Then says "Do you want to be connected to home?"
Wait for the beep and say yes.

This works if you have Pro Navigation and Voice caommands
[snapback]60338[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the list however, I am without Nav. I did use the voice button and it activates the voice command system but it does not seem to hear me or recognize commands.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, johnmac !
Old 11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

you guys rock ! thanks a million for all the replies & info . but now i still have couple questions . i remember one of the members' dealer has 12 cars done in this month for bt but the tech said there is no cable to hook up. simply a sw update. and some of us here said we need sw update and connect fiber optic cables. so what should i tell my ignorant dealer ? if just a sw update, does it mean i don't even have to tell them anything about bt just because it'll automatically loaded both bmw phone and bmw assist back into the idrive? i used to have both but after 13.2, they are gone . if that's the case, i think it's better off for me to have them update my sw by telling them idrive keeps crashing, etc. that way they don't have to deal with another "problem" . for the ones who have version 14 in their cars, are both bmw phone and bmw assist working properly? or at least you can "play" around with it ? thanks again .
Old 11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 550i, carbon black, sport package

Good question. If there is no cable to hook up then why can't pre 3/04 cars have the BT upgrade?? Obviously there is still lots of confusion at every level. Good thing for these boards.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 01:51 PM
you guys rock !? thanks a million for all the replies & info .? but now i still have couple questions .? i remember one of the members' dealer has 12 cars done in this month for bt but the tech said there is no cable to hook up.? simply a sw update.? and some of us here said we need sw update and connect fiber optic cables.? so what should i tell my ignorant dealer ?? if just a sw update, does it mean i don't even have to tell them anything about bt just because it'll automatically loaded both bmw phone and bmw assist back into the idrive?? i used to have both but after 13.2, they are gone .? if that's the case, i think it's better off for me to have them update my sw by telling them idrive keeps crashing, etc.? that way they don't have to deal with another "problem" .? for the ones who have version 14 in their cars, are both bmw phone and bmw assist working properly?? or at least you can "play" around with it ?? thanks again .
[snapback]60380[/snapback]
OK. This is what I think the scoop is:

MY2005 (9-04 production and later) are supposed to have BT. I think for these earlier deliveries, all that was needed was V13.3. Beewang did ED and there was no BT on his MY2005 car. I believe that either its done at VPC or by the dealer on early deliveries and is standard on later deliveries.

MY2004 3-04 to 7-04 production Has that useless BT passkey in the glove box and a newer TCU. These need the cable hooked up in addition to V13.3 and maybe some coding.

MY2004 (pre 3-04 production) Needs the newer TCU ($2000) to get BT.

Voice activated Dialing Will only work if you have Pro Nav.

I hope this clarifies the confusion. Alohalc, your car can have BT. I don't think you have ProNAV (Please update your signature) so I don't know if you will have the voice dial.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 24 2004, 12:50 PM
OK.? This is what I think the scoop is:

MY2005 (9-04 production and later) are supposed to have BT.? I think for these earlier deliveries, all that was needed was V13.3.? Beewang did ED and there was no BT on his MY2005 car.? I believe that either its done at VPC or by the dealer on early deliveries and is standard on later deliveries.

MY2004 3-04 to 7-04 production Has that useless BT passkey in the glove box and a newer TCU.? These need the cable hooked up in addition to V13.3 and maybe some coding.

MY2004 (pre 3-04 production) Needs the newer TCU ($2000) to get BT.

Voice activated Dialing Will only work if you have Pro Nav.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.? Alohalc,? your car can have BT.? I don't think you have ProNAV (Please update your signature) so I don't know if you will have the voice dial.
[snapback]60421[/snapback]
thanks for the info again . i don't have nav so i think my dealer shouldn't worry about crashing the computer. well, wish me luck .
Old 11-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

YOUR dealer will probably crash it, just because he has never before seen a computer and doesn't know what it's there for...
Old 11-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 24 2004, 02:37 PM
YOUR dealer will probably crash it, just because he has never before seen a computer and doesn't know what it's there for...? ? ?
[snapback]60441[/snapback]
i don't care if they crash it . that's even better . then they have to replace a new one for me and probably new s/w update as the same time.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

That's right. But that will take forever...
Just remember how long it took him to order and install the different parts you've ordered...
Old 11-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Nov 25 2004, 11:02 AM
That's right. But that will take forever...?
Just remember how long it took him to order and install the different parts you've ordered...?
[snapback]60817[/snapback]

Quick Reply: Going in for bluetooth retrofit tomorrow