Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Going in for bluetooth retrofit tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 03:56 AM
guys, i have a production 04/04 and came back from the dealer today.? they said bt can only be done on production 09/04 or later .? my service advisor told me the service bulletin number i gave him (841304) clearly stated that.? i told him i have a bluetooth passkey card in my trunk w/the manual and if it can't be done for pre-09/04 cars, why would i have that passkey card ?? he couldn't answer my question.? now i'm a little confused .? is he correct or i should call bmwna on my own and have them figure this out?? please help guys .? thanks in advance .
[snapback]60163[/snapback]
Tell him to call:

Motor Werks
Barrington, Illinois
847.381.8900. Ask for Bob Paduch BMW Service Manager

I'm stealing that information from pharding in the big BT mega thread, currently somewhere on the second page of topics. I have a 6/04 build and IIRC I can get mine done. My service manager dude (David Stanley--great guy) is getting lots of contradictory information from BMW, so he asked me to get him the number of someone who's being doing this. I've given him that information. Hopefully, I'll have BT next week.

The contradictory information in this case is that BMW has halted new upgrades for BT because it's crashing the CCC and killing their cars.

Peace.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by isbell' date='Nov 24 2004, 12:49 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 03:56 AM']guys, i have a production 04/04 and came back from the dealer today.? they said bt can only be done on production 09/04 or later .? my service advisor told me the service bulletin number i gave him (841304) clearly stated that.? i told him i have a bluetooth passkey card in my trunk w/the manual and if it can't be done for pre-09/04 cars, why would i have that passkey card ?? he couldn't answer my question.? now i'm a little confused .? is he correct or i should call bmwna on my own and have them figure this out?? please help guys .? thanks in advance .
Tell him to call:

Motor Werks
Barrington, Illinois

I'm stealing that information from pharding in the big BT mega thread, currently somewhere on the second page of topics. I have a 6/04 build and IIRC I can get mine done. My service manager dude (David Stanley--great guy) is getting lots of contradictory information from BMW, so he asked me to get him the number of someone who's being doing this. I've given him that information. Hopefully, I'll have BT next week.

The contradictory information in this case is that BMW has halted new upgrades for BT because it's crashing the CCC and killing their cars.

Peace.
[snapback]60170[/snapback]
[/quote]
thanks for your reply . good thing i have m-ask (w/o nav) only . in fact, i've read that post and saw pharding's info. i'm just wondering if anyone else has this done for a pre 09/04 car and w/o any problem with the dealer. i want to hear what other dealers said.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 06:25 AM
[quote name='isbell' date='Nov 24 2004, 12:49 AM'][quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 03:56 AM']guys, i have a production 04/04 and came back from the dealer today.? they said bt can only be done on production 09/04 or later .? my service advisor told me the service bulletin number i gave him (841304) clearly stated that.? i told him i have a bluetooth passkey card in my trunk w/the manual and if it can't be done for pre-09/04 cars, why would i have that passkey card ?? he couldn't answer my question.? now i'm a little confused .? is he correct or i should call bmwna on my own and have them figure this out?? please help guys .? thanks in advance .
Tell him to call:

Motor Werks
Barrington, Illinois

Peace.
[snapback]60170[/snapback]
[/quote]
thanks for your reply . good thing i have m-ask (w/o nav) only . in fact, i've read that post and saw pharding's info. i'm just wondering if anyone else has this done for a pre 09/04 car and w/o any problem with the dealer. i want to hear what other dealers said.
[snapback]60181[/snapback]
[/quote]
Study phardings post. The "catch" with the published service bulletins is they say you must have a 09/04 build or later. The 13.3 S/W version turns your car into that, because all of the related hardware is the same.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i - Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, PDC, Xenon, Electric Sunshade

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 05:56 AM
guys, i have a production 04/04 and came back from the dealer today.? they said bt can only be done on production 09/04 or later .? my service advisor told me the service bulletin number i gave him (841304) clearly stated that.? i told him i have a bluetooth passkey card in my trunk w/the manual and if it can't be done for pre-09/04 cars, why would i have that passkey card ?? he couldn't answer my question.? now i'm a little confused .? is he correct or i should call bmwna on my own and have them figure this out?? please help guys .? thanks in advance .
Hi Alohalc, My car is a 05/04 build and i had BT done. Only the software upgrade was required. I was the first at my dealer to have this done.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

I had my car done yesterday, it was a 08/04 build and we are working great. They upgraded me to 13.3 under warranty and then charged me 1 hr labor to pair phone and connect a fiber cable.
I used Prestige BMW in NJ...
Old 11-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 02:56 AM
You definately have the worse the dealer on this forum. The bulletin gives the moron clear instructions on coding after updating to V13.3.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i 2004/04 production, Titan Silver Metallic, Leder Dakota Upholsery/Grau 60, Sports suspension, Active steering, Dynamic drive, Heated Steering wheel, Emergency wheel, Satin chrome, Glass Roof, Sunblinds front & rear, Healight washer, Int/ext Anti-dazzle mirrors, smokers package, comfort & heated seats, PDC, 18" Wheels 124 w/Dunlop Mixed runflats, Adaptive headlights, Xenon Lights, Active Cruise Control, Blue tooth sony/erricson, Pro Navigation, Head Up Dispay, Voice input system, 6 Cd changer, HIFI Professional. M-Sport Tec Kit & spoiler conversion, Cip 18.1
Unhappy

Originally Posted by tedmundson' date='Nov 24 2004, 09:12 AM
I had my car done yesterday, it was a 08/04 build and we are working great. They upgraded me to 13.3 under warranty and then charged me 1 hr labor to pair phone and connect a fiber cable.
I used Prestige BMW in NJ...
[snapback]60224[/snapback]
Ted: That's great news ... now; 1. What exactly is the fiber cable used for, and if it was already installed only requiring hookup, where is it? 2. Which phone did you pair to the car? I'm scheduled into the dealer next Tues. and since they really don't know anything about this stuff other, than what I've told them, I'm a little concerned. They think it will take 2 hours to just pair the phone. The 13.3 update took over 2 days!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Took my car in yesterday for a few issues, one of which is the bluetooth update. Now I know my car (9/03 build) is not offically eligable for this retro-fit but I figure that this is a window for me to raise a stink about them not providing a fix for ALL e60's, why should I be punished for being one of the first to own a 545... I will keep you posted
PB
Old 11-24-2004, 07:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i 2004/04 production, Titan Silver Metallic, Leder Dakota Upholsery/Grau 60, Sports suspension, Active steering, Dynamic drive, Heated Steering wheel, Emergency wheel, Satin chrome, Glass Roof, Sunblinds front & rear, Healight washer, Int/ext Anti-dazzle mirrors, smokers package, comfort & heated seats, PDC, 18" Wheels 124 w/Dunlop Mixed runflats, Adaptive headlights, Xenon Lights, Active Cruise Control, Blue tooth sony/erricson, Pro Navigation, Head Up Dispay, Voice input system, 6 Cd changer, HIFI Professional. M-Sport Tec Kit & spoiler conversion, Cip 18.1

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 24 2004, 09:54 AM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Nov 24 2004, 02:56 AM']guys, i have a production 04/04 and came back from the dealer today.? they said bt can only be done on production 09/04 or later .? my service advisor told me the service bulletin number i gave him (841304) clearly stated that.? i told him i have a bluetooth passkey card in my trunk w/the manual and if it can't be done for pre-09/04 cars, why would i have that passkey card ?? he couldn't answer my question.? now i'm a little confused .? is he correct or i should call bmwna on my own and have them figure this out?? please help guys .? thanks in advance .
You definately have the worse the dealer on this forum. The bulletin gives the moron clear instructions on coding after updating to V13.3.
[snapback]60245[/snapback]
[/quote]

My production date is 04/04 also, or so I'm told by the dealer, but I don't have a bt passkey card or manual for bt? Wonder why? Perhaps it's really 03/04?? Regardless, I will know by next tuesday evening if bt works and pairs to my newly purchased "old" sony erricson t-608 phone.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Members

Cool

SUCCESS !!

Feb 2004 530i Bluetooth retrofit is now fully working.

I had to get a new TCU installed and programmed. Just got back from the dealer. Successfully made numerous phone calls, received phone calls, synchronized the address book etc...

Quality: 9 out of 10 (my wife said she could not tell I was in my car).

Hooray!

I did have to pay for the TCU - it was $2,000. BMW said it was not covered so I bit the bullet. If anyone is interested in more details I will follow-up with additional posts.

For the record: Pre March 2004 e60's need V13.3 and a new TCU installed to have full Bluetooth capability.

I am pairing with a Motorola V3 RAZR!

-- John Mac.

Quick Reply: Going in for bluetooth retrofit tomorrow