Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

CPT-9000 PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if any of you are having this problem with the CPT-9000 (I went with the BMW phone because I wanted it to work right). I have Verizon service and when I am in a "Verizon" cell everything works fine, sending and receiving calls. However whenever I travel and get into a roam or partner network, my I-drive display shows "No Network" and I cannot make or receive calls, but my phone directory shows up in I drive so the phone is connected and the phonebook downloaded. Replacing the phone in the cradle, shutting off the engine, none of this works. Once I get back into a Verizon cell, the display goes back to "Portable" just like it should. Several trips to the dealer have yielded the "I can't find anything wrong" comments. Also note this started AFTER they updated my I-drive to version 12.

Anyone elso having this problem. I have about had it and will ask for my money back as the system is not doing what it is being touted to be, a hands free system. I have seen a brand new stand alone system from Verizon that has a bluetooth phone and a hands free kit that does everything what the BMW system was supposed to do, except mute the stereo. It should probably be cheaper than the BMW system

Note this system was shown by a Verizon employee, in his own car, but he stated this should be on the market in a couple of weeks. I will wait a few weeks then look at this. Right now I really don't care about this system not utilizing I drive because the BMW system is crap.

Note I stated this Verzion system is BLUETOOTH.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Senior Members

Does the phone show Roam/Roaming Triangle... Can you dial from the handset at all when the "no service" is shown... Also what happens if you are in "No service" and an incoming call comes in.

I'm asking this to see if the handset is part of the problem not just the BMW kit.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Senior Members

Farbtron, I have the exact same problem. I use verizon up here as well. I don't need to travel much (roam) but over the 4th weekend I went to Maine and the same things you describe happening happened to me. I also could'nt use voice dialing, no beep, nothing. As I said I don't need to travel much so it's not really a problem for me, but I'f I did it would piss me off too. Good Luck.