Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' date='Mar 3 2005, 03:57 PM
Dealership just called and said the software upgrade was complete so I guess my hopes of BT are done. I got Sirius now though. I should have my car back in about an hour. James, how do you like your cpt9000, I'm thinking of going that route now- I use United Alpharetta.
[snapback]96771[/snapback]
I have a CPT9000...horrible phone.
Bad battery life, bad reception, but it works well in the car.
I decided to stay with it for now, rather than get BT hooked up in my car for 2 hours labor plus the cost of a new phone etc. I did get a new TCU under warranty, so I now have the BT option at least.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:02 AM
huy
Contributors

I'm pretty sure this question has already been asked, but my mind is in a haze after reading all the past posts about BT.. but, my question is:

What is the cut-off production date for having the correct TCU for BT; i.e. so the dealer can just program the BT..

my 545i has a 5/04 production date and the dealer told me "no, your car doesn't have the correct TCU for BT" based upon a service bulletin; the tech didn't even bother to verify my sw version the car currently has.. and they have had it for 3 days now (had other warrantly work that needed to be done)!!!..

i am really regretting using this dealer over my purchasing dealer now.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by huy' date='Mar 4 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm pretty sure this question has already been asked, but my mind is in a haze after reading all the past posts about BT.. but, my question is:

What is the cut-off production date for having the correct TCU for BT; i.e. so the dealer can just program the BT..?

my 545i has a 5/04 production date and the dealer told me "no, your car doesn't have the correct TCU for BT" based upon a service bulletin; the tech didn't even bother to verify my sw version the car currently has.. and they have had it for 3 days now (had other warrantly work that needed to be done)!!!..

i am really regretting using this dealer over my purchasing dealer now.
[snapback]97221[/snapback]
The correct transition date is somewhere in the first week of March 04. My car was off the line on March 1st and had the old TCU. There have been others on this board whose cars were produced a few days later with the updated part number.

I'm certain that all you require is a software update and BT enabled during the update. The lack of knowledge amongst some dealers is disappointing.

The correct part number is 6955688. Have the dealer check the part number on the outside cover of the TCU. It is a two minute effort. I'm sure you will find it to be compatible given your build date.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i, Orient Blue, bought used with 22000 miles. Grey lether, sport package, BMW Assist, Cold Weather package. Xenons. NOT premium for some reason, I do like the metal finish vs. the wood, but do miss the garage opener.

You can see that part number on the Blue Tooth card that is in your owners manual documents also.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:12 PM
huy
Contributors

Well I got the car back last night and BT is now enabled!!!

To make a long story short, I had to refer the tech to TIS 84-1304 line item #5.. it states that 04's with production dates between 3/04-9/04 can have it enabled.. my production date is 5/04..

the tech opened a PUMA case with BMWNA (know sure why, but maybe my car was the first one that dealership has ever tried to enable BT on).. they updated my sw to v15.3 then did the BT programming.. after enabling BT, the tech had a hard time pairing his phone to it and wasn't sure if it worked or not.. so i just said, don't worry about it.. i'd figure i try it myself when i got home.. it took me about 5 minutes to pair up my MOTO v600 to the car!

everything works flawlessly now.. the address book took about 10-15 mins to download.. also paired the wife's phone (v600 also) too.. the cool thing about it is that you can pair up multiple phones and set the order of priority.. also, the iDrive system knows to distinguish between the different address books

the tech mentioned that the TIS also said that pre-9/04 TCU's may have worst reception/voice quality then post-9/04 (MY2005) TCU's.. so far i have not experienced this.

next step now is to try to find a convenient place to store the phone and to figure out how to conceal the power adapter.

one a side note, i noticed that the CD player shows the track time duration now.. don't remember if it was there before the v15.3 update or not.. anyone know if this was added with v15.3? or did i not notice it all this time
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

i don't see the track time in mine. well, i have 13.2, though .
Old 03-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by huy' date='Mar 6 2005, 08:12 PM
Well I got the car back last night and BT is now enabled!!!?

To make a long story short, I had to refer the tech to TIS 84-1304 line item #5.. it states that 04's with production dates between 3/04-9/04 can have it enabled.. my production date is 5/04..

the tech opened a PUMA case with BMWNA (know sure why, but maybe my car was the first one that dealership has ever tried to enable BT on).. they updated my sw to v15.3 then did the BT programming.. after enabling BT, the tech had a hard time pairing his phone to it and wasn't sure if it worked or not.. so i just said, don't worry about it.. i'd figure i try it myself when i got home.. it took me about 5 minutes to pair up my MOTO v600 to the car!

everything works flawlessly now.. the address book took about 10-15 mins to download.. also paired the wife's phone (v600 also) too.. the cool thing about it is that you can pair up multiple phones and set the order of priority.. also, the iDrive system knows to distinguish between the different address books?

the tech mentioned that the TIS also said that pre-9/04 TCU's may have worst reception/voice quality then post-9/04 (MY2005) TCU's.. so far i have not experienced this.

next step now is to try to find a convenient place to store the phone and to figure out how to conceal the power adapter.

one a side note, i noticed that the CD player shows the track time duration now.. don't remember if it was there before the v15.3 update or not.. anyone know if this was added with v15.3? or did i not notice it all this time?
[snapback]98019[/snapback]
Congrats!
Very interesting about the track time on the CD (I assume you mean counting down, not up?). If so this is different from v15.2 that doesn't show it.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 AM
huy
Contributors

The CD track counts up in time; don't know if you can adjust it anywhere.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by huy' date='Mar 7 2005, 08:39 PM
...don't know if you can adjust it anywhere.
[snapback]98306[/snapback]
Nope.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

Damn. I had hopes....