Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Yes, ask your service adivsor. I did before my software upgrade for the emissions recall and she confirmed that the new version was 15.0. That also appeared on my work order. Don't know if the version always appears on the paperwork, though, so ask.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' date='Feb 21 2005, 07:24 PM
Do you know how to check to see what software version that the car is running and what is the latest version# presently available? Again, thanks to everybody for the warm reception.
[snapback]92995[/snapback]
The only way to find out the version of your software is to have the dealer run a diagnostic on the car. The output will detail the CIP version.

What is the build date of your car? It should be on the label on the drivers side door opening.

latest version out there is 15.X, v16 is expected out in March sometime.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:35 PM
[quote name='ATLESixty' date='Feb 21 2005, 07:24 PM'] Do you know how to check to see what software version that the car is running and what is the latest version# presently available? Again, thanks to everybody for the warm reception.
[snapback]92995[/snapback]
The only way to find out the version of your software is to have the dealer run a diagnostic on the car. The output will detail the CIP version.

What is the build date of your car? It should be on the label on the drivers side door opening.

latest version out there is 15.X, v16 is expected out in March sometime.
[snapback]93002[/snapback]
[/quote]
Build date9/03
Old 02-25-2005, 10:40 AM

FYI...the passkey on the E60's is useless even if you have BT, because when you pair a BT phone to E60/63/64, you make up your own passkey and enter the same number into the phone and CID.
Old 02-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, atlesixty !
Old 03-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, ask your service adivsor.? I did before my software upgrade for the emissions recall and she confirmed that the new version was 15.0.? That also appeared on my work order.? Don't know if the version always appears on the paperwork, though, so ask.
[snapback]93001[/snapback]
I took my car in for service today expecting a fight about BT. I handed my BT passkey to my SA and told him I wanted my car to be BT enabled. He said OK!!!!! He said the TCU would be replaced and that there would be a minimal charge to me (he estimated $195.00). I'm not holding my breath though, I'm waiting for him to call me back and tell me he was wrong. We'll see. He said it may take 2 days to code my car (I also ordered Sirius)
Old 03-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' date='Mar 1 2005, 01:28 PM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:33 PM']Yes, ask your service adivsor.? I did before my software upgrade for the emissions recall and she confirmed that the new version was 15.0.? That also appeared on my work order.? Don't know if the version always appears on the paperwork, though, so ask.
I took my car in for service today expecting a fight about BT. I handed my BT passkey to my SA and told him I wanted my car to be BT enabled. He said OK!!!!! He said the TCU would be replaced and that there would be a minimal charge to me (he estimated $195.00). I'm not holding my breath though, I'm waiting for him to call me back and tell me he was wrong. We'll see. He said it may take 2 days to code my car (I also ordered Sirius)
[snapback]95652[/snapback]
[/quote]
SA called today and said he was mistaken. He claims replacing the TCU would not fix the problem therefore they will not do it. I knew it was too good to be true!!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by ATLESixty' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:15 AM
[quote name='ATLESixty' date='Mar 1 2005, 01:28 PM'][quote name='kscarrol' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:33 PM']Yes, ask your service adivsor.? I did before my software upgrade for the emissions recall and she confirmed that the new version was 15.0.? That also appeared on my work order.? Don't know if the version always appears on the paperwork, though, so ask.
[/quote]
SA called today and said he was mistaken. He claims replacing the TCU would not fix the problem therefore they will not do it. I knew it was too good to be true!!
[snapback]95993[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had my fingers crossed for you. Too bad it didn't work out that they would change the TCU under warranty. Are you going to pursue a BT install?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ademitt' date='Mar 2 2005, 10:21 AM
[quote name='ATLESixty' date='Mar 2 2005, 08:15 AM'][quote name='ATLESixty' date='Mar 1 2005, 01:28 PM'][quote name='kscarrol' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:33 PM']Yes, ask your service adivsor.? I did before my software upgrade for the emissions recall and she confirmed that the new version was 15.0.? That also appeared on my work order.? Don't know if the version always appears on the paperwork, though, so ask.
[/quote]
[snapback]95993[/snapback]
[/quote]

I had my fingers crossed for you. Too bad it didn't work out that they would change the TCU under warranty. Are you going to pursue a BT install?
[snapback]95996[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well they have been updating my software for 2 days now so I hope that means they are having problems with it taking the upgrade - just like Sans. Sans and I have the same build date so hopefully I will get a new TCU. If not then I guess I will keep checking the board and search eBay and other parts dealers for the TCU on my own and go from their. So still keep your fingers crossed, this ain't over yet!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Members

Just got a call from my SA and he says my car is not accepting the new software V 15.3. He says they will try reprogramming it again so they will need it a third day. I told him I did not think it would work and told him about Sans' experience. He conceded that I may be right and wanted me to leave a message for the Service Manager (had left for the day) explaining what I had told him. He transferred me and I left him the message. So, its not over yet- keep those fingers crossed for me ademitt!!!!

Quick Reply: BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates