Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:00 AM
Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks,? Scott
[snapback]92782[/snapback]
Thats stealing
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:37 AM
[quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:00 AM']Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks,? Scott
Thats stealing
[snapback]92784[/snapback]
[/quote]
So is BMW trying to charge me $1100.00 for something I was supposed to have anyway!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 02:28 PM
The fact that the pass key has information on pairing blue tooth compatible devices with my car is pretty powerful evidence that BMW intended for my car to have this compatibility. Leaving the dealership and the consumer in the dark for a year and a half and then telling us that oh, your car does not have that functionality is BS. Do you work for BMW or something??!
[snapback]92780[/snapback]
NO !!!

DEFINATELY NOT !!!

BMW has never said the car has BT. They never advertised it either.

The passkey was included by accident, against their will. Motorola did so. It DOES NOT mean your car is supposed to have BT!

Do I work for BMW? No. NOT YET...
Do I know a couple of their engineers? Yes. I do.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 03:40 PM
[quote name='E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:37 AM'][quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:00 AM']Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks,? Scott
Thats stealing
[/quote]
So is BMW trying to charge me $1100.00 for something I was supposed to have anyway!!!!
[snapback]92786[/snapback]
[/quote]
Why where you supposed to have TIS access anyway??
Old 02-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:40 AM
[quote name='E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:37 AM'][quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:00 AM']Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks,? Scott
Thats stealing
[/quote]
[/quote]

Please explain this one to me

Do you know what TIS is ?

Only BMW service Centres are suposed to have it, and they all pay for it
Old 02-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 21 2005, 03:23 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 02:28 PM']The fact that the pass key has information on pairing blue tooth compatible devices with my car is pretty powerful evidence that BMW intended for my car to have this compatibility. Leaving the dealership and the consumer in the dark for a year and a half and then telling us that oh, your car does not have that functionality is BS. Do you work for BMW or something??!
[snapback]92780[/snapback]
NO !!!

DEFINATELY NOT !!!

BMW has never said the car has BT. They never advertised it either.

The passkey was included by accident, against their will. Motorola did so. It DOES NOT mean your car is supposed to have BT!

Do I work for BMW? No. NOT YET...
Do I know a couple of their engineers? Yes. I do.
[snapback]92888[/snapback]
[/quote]
By accident??!!! Against their will???!!! Did Motorola put a gun to their head?? I am looking at the passkey right now and it has a BMW sticker on it. I do not think this sticker would be present without BMW's knowledge. Also, this is verbatim from the passkey: "Bluetooth passkey PK
Bluetooth passkey: for pairing Bluetooth devices with your vehicle (i.e.
logging them on for the first time), see Operating Instructions for the
Bluetooth device."
What don't you undestand about this. This is plain English and clearly shows that BMW intended for my car to be BT compatible. Obviously BMW screwed up and does not want to ante up to take care of early E60 customers. C'mon, somebody out there come to my defense!!! This should not be such a devisive issue.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 03:28 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:40 AM'][quote name='E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:37 AM'][quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:00 AM']Do you know how to log onto BMW tis without having to pay the subscription?
Thanks,? Scott
Thats stealing
[/quote]
[/quote]

Please explain this one to me

Do you know what TIS is ?

Only BMW service Centres are suposed to have it, and they all pay for it
[snapback]92894[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some time back, over a year ago I think, someone posted a password on another BMW board for it. Since all of the service bulletins can be accessed there, it was a nice place to go to find the bulletins and show them to the dealerships who often claimed to have no knowledge of many of the things we all talk about on these boards. Eveybody chill out, it is not some sort of conspiracy. If anyone has info on where I can find the bulletins elsewhere it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Scott
Old 02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:23 PM
By accident??!!! Against their will???!!! Did Motorola put a gun to their head?? I am looking at the passkey right now and it has a BMW sticker on it. I do not think this sticker would be present without BMW's knowledge. Also, this is verbatim from the passkey: "Bluetooth passkey PK
? ? ? ? ? ? ?? Bluetooth passkey: for pairing Bluetooth devices with your vehicle (i.e.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?? logging them on for the first time), see Operating Instructions for the
? ? ? ? ? ? ?? Bluetooth device."
What don't you undestand about this. This is plain English and clearly shows that BMW intended for my car to be BT compatible. Obviously BMW screwed up and does not want to ante up to take care of early E60 customers. C'mon, somebody out there come to my defense!!! This should not be such a devisive issue.
[snapback]92937[/snapback]
Come to who's defense? Seems a lot of "guests" won't own up to their opinion.

Having successfully gone through a BT retrofit I can confidently state:
1) my salesperson and I did talk about the feature before the car was built
however
2) I did not sign a contract that itemized it as an option (like sport, CW etc).

To me BMW should try and make good on retrofitting early adopters if it was discussed with you before you bought the car. In my mind this is more of a handshake agreement - and the right thing to do. Contractually I don't think they are obligated to do any such thing. They didn't legally contract themselves to provide you the option just because they gave you a passkey.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sans' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:56 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:23 PM']By accident??!!! Against their will???!!! Did Motorola put a gun to their head?? I am looking at the passkey right now and it has a BMW sticker on it. I do not think this sticker would be present without BMW's knowledge. Also, this is verbatim from the passkey: "Bluetooth passkey PK
? ? ? ? ? ? ?? Bluetooth passkey: for pairing Bluetooth devices with your vehicle (i.e.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?? logging them on for the first time), see Operating Instructions for the

however
2) I did not sign a contract that itemized it as an option (like sport, CW etc).

To me BMW should try and make good on retrofitting early adopters if it was discussed with you before you bought the car. In my mind this is more of a handshake agreement - and the right thing to do. Contractually I don't think they are obligated to do any such thing. They didn't legally contract themselves to provide you the option just because they gave you a passkey.
[snapback]92949[/snapback]
[/quote]
What do you mean won't own up to their opinions??! I don't think it is an opinion that BMW meant for my car to have BT, the passkey shows that it is a fact. How is it anyone but BMW's fault for having this passkey in my car??? Did some gremlin from motorola sneak it into my documents delivered with my car?? BMW had ultimate control over what came with my car. I received one of the first 545s to arrive in Atlanta (build date 9/03) and I love my car and would buy it again if i had to. I will be happy to join the board as a member, I don't really get your jab about being a guest. Did you have to pay for a new TCU?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver Grey Metallic 545i, Logic 7, Comfort Seats with Black Dakota Leather, Sirius Satellite Radio, Euro Reflectors, Aux Input Build Date 9/03

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 06:16 PM
[quote name='Sans' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:56 PM'][quote name='Guest' date='Feb 21 2005, 04:23 PM']By accident??!!! Against their will???!!! Did Motorola put a gun to their head?? I am looking at the passkey right now and it has a BMW sticker on it. I do not think this sticker would be present without BMW's knowledge. Also, this is verbatim from the passkey: "Bluetooth passkey PK

however

[snapback]92949[/snapback]
[/quote]
What do you mean won't own up to their opinions??! I don't think it is an opinion that BMW meant for my car to have BT, the passkey shows that it is a fact. How is it anyone but BMW's fault for having this passkey in my car??? Did some gremlin from motorola sneak it into my documents delivered with my car?? BMW had ultimate control over what came with my car. I received one of the first 545s to arrive in Atlanta (build date 9/03) and I love my car and would buy it again if i had to. I will be happy to join the board as a member, I don't really get your jab about being a guest. Did you have to pay for a new TCU?
[snapback]92953[/snapback]
[/quote]
Okay, I've owned up- I'm a member now.

Quick Reply: BT Compatible TCU Transiiton Dates