Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BMW Integration

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All and thanks for taking a moment to share your insight.

I have a 2004 545i Sport with the premium sound package and the steptronic sport package. Per the script that was provided, my car was mfg. in 3/2004.

I'd like to add/integrate a few things to this car, and I've reviewed this site and others and can't figure out the following:

--- Is this car pre-wired for Sirius and or XM? It doesn't say one way or another, but I was hoping the premium pkg may provide it.

--- Looks like I'm in the servicable window for bluetooth integration (per the info on this site) if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

--- IPod Integration. Do I have an auxiallary input? (Where would I find this if I had it?) I have a small covered slot in the inside compartment of my center console. What is this - the input?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

1) only way to know about Sat Prep is if you have the sticker identifying the option. If you don't have the sticker, check with the dealer who can, using the VIN, tell exactly what options the car had when delivered from the factory.

2) Mar '04, yes you should be able to have BT functionality, though I recall that while most Mar '04 cars came with the new TCU enabling BT, some did not. March was the actual transition month to the new TCU so there is a chance that your car still got the old part, making BT unavailable without paying for a new TCU.

3) Aux Input did not come standard. If installed, it is usually in the glove box. You can have it done at the dealer. Not sure what the covered slot is, likely lets cool air into the consol, which is climate controlled.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Members

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I don't have sat prep. I have the original window sticker and no word on Sat prep. .

If I get bluetooth working with my SE P910 and maybe an aux input that would be good.

Ideas on pricing for getting the wiring done for the SAT?

Best,

Brentis.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='243013' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:57 AM
1) only way to know about Sat Prep is if you have the sticker identifying the option. If you don't have the sticker, check with the dealer who can, using the VIN, tell exactly what options the car had when delivered from the factory.

2) Mar '04, yes you should be able to have BT functionality, though I recall that while most Mar '04 cars came with the new TCU enabling BT, some did not. March was the actual transition month to the new TCU so there is a chance that your car still got the old part, making BT unavailable without paying for a new TCU.

3) Aux Input did not come standard. If installed, it is usually in the glove box. You can have it done at the dealer. Not sure what the covered slot is, likely lets cool air into the consol, which is climate controlled.
CORRECTION on BT: SEE BT/phone Board for update on new plug-in adapter for BT service with new phones. I'm having mine installed Wednesday. (About $500 vs $2000 for TCU)

Your VIN determines what's necessary.

Cheers,
Ray Hull