5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   BMW Integration (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/bmw-integration-22466/)

brentis 02-19-2006 08:05 PM

Hello All and thanks for taking a moment to share your insight.

I have a 2004 545i Sport with the premium sound package and the steptronic sport package. Per the script that was provided, my car was mfg. in 3/2004.

I'd like to add/integrate a few things to this car, and I've reviewed this site and others and can't figure out the following:

--- Is this car pre-wired for Sirius and or XM? It doesn't say one way or another, but I was hoping the premium pkg may provide it.

--- Looks like I'm in the servicable window for bluetooth integration (per the info on this site) if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know.

--- IPod Integration. Do I have an auxiallary input? (Where would I find this if I had it?) :think: I have a small covered slot in the inside compartment of my center console. What is this - the input?

kscarrol 02-19-2006 08:57 PM

1) only way to know about Sat Prep is if you have the sticker identifying the option. If you don't have the sticker, check with the dealer who can, using the VIN, tell exactly what options the car had when delivered from the factory.

2) Mar '04, yes you should be able to have BT functionality, though I recall that while most Mar '04 cars came with the new TCU enabling BT, some did not. March was the actual transition month to the new TCU so there is a chance that your car still got the old part, making BT unavailable without paying for a new TCU.

3) Aux Input did not come standard. If installed, it is usually in the glove box. You can have it done at the dealer. Not sure what the covered slot is, likely lets cool air into the consol, which is climate controlled.

brentis 02-19-2006 09:01 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I don't have sat prep. I have the original window sticker and no word on Sat prep. :(.

If I get bluetooth working with my SE P910 and maybe an aux input that would be good.

Ideas on pricing for getting the wiring done for the SAT?

Best,

Brentis.

Ray Hull 02-20-2006 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='243013' date='Feb 20 2006, 12:57 AM
1) only way to know about Sat Prep is if you have the sticker identifying the option. If you don't have the sticker, check with the dealer who can, using the VIN, tell exactly what options the car had when delivered from the factory.

2) Mar '04, yes you should be able to have BT functionality, though I recall that while most Mar '04 cars came with the new TCU enabling BT, some did not. March was the actual transition month to the new TCU so there is a chance that your car still got the old part, making BT unavailable without paying for a new TCU.

3) Aux Input did not come standard. If installed, it is usually in the glove box. You can have it done at the dealer. Not sure what the covered slot is, likely lets cool air into the consol, which is climate controlled.

CORRECTION on BT: SEE BT/phone Board for update on new plug-in adapter for BT service with new phones. I'm having mine installed Wednesday. (About $500 vs $2000 for TCU)

Your VIN determines what's necessary.

Cheers,
Ray Hull