Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuse no 52,60,89 is related with telephone (in trunk)
radio 34, sat radio 10, Navigation 35 in glove box.

If you can make call but BT is not in iDrive
follow my post.

https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...lution-128432/

there is a wireless_production settings, it should fix.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission
Default Dead bluetooth ulf module back to life

So finally figured that the ulf module was dead, you can tell because, there is no red lights seen coming from it. I unclipped all the connectors and unscrew the torx screws. Looked at the pins and one of them first column, second row was loose and after looking at the pcd found it was disconnected. I used a soldering iron to drop some solder to join the pin to the pcs an hey presto the dead ulf module now works!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:47 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by kkrazykool
So finally figured that the ulf module was dead, you can tell because, there is no red lights seen coming from it. I unclipped all the connectors and unscrew the torx screws. Looked at the pins and one of them first column, second row was loose and after looking at the pcd found it was disconnected. I used a soldering iron to drop some solder to join the pin to the pcs an hey presto the dead ulf module now works!
Can u locate where the ULF is found With pictures please !!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring, Titanium Silver, HiFi Loudspeaker system, Heated Front Seats, Tracker Retrieve, Media Package, Black Dakota Leather & Steptronic Transmission

Originally Posted by zakiyy
Can u locate where the ULF is found With pictures please !!
I will try to take some pics and get them uploaded, in the meantime I have a 2005 E61, the ULF module was located just behind the rear passenger seat. Easiest way to access it is to open the tail gate, open the floor/load area cover (i.e. cover above the space where the spare tyre would be). You then have to remove the tray, by removing plastic lugs. It should slide out easily. Then you should see the ULF module, which is bolted down. It will have a plastic multi-pin connector, and fibre-optic cables going in. You should see red lights coming from it - IF it is not DEAD, even with engine off. Like I said will take a few pics to make the above a bit clearer...
Hope that helps!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:49 AM
New Members

Interesting - I have had my BT working fine ('07 525Xi) and then it suddenly just stopped. My phone's BT works fine with other things and the car says it can pair but never allows iDrive push. I will see if the ULF is toast and let you know.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E63

So, did you guys solve it?

I have a 2005 E63 and I'm getting the iDrive message and bluetooth can't be switched to active (Bluetooth used to work, though never flawlessly since I have this car) and I also have the audio cut in/cut off after about a 10 minutes drive.

BMW asked me 600 EUR to change the Bluetooth module! Any other way around it?
Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting-dsc_4444.jpg