5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/bluetooth-will-not-activate-idrive-setting-115380/)

FrankyNJ535xi 07-20-2011 09:46 AM

Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?

BestGear 07-20-2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi (Post 1363915)
Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?

Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David

pyramids111 09-22-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by BestGear (Post 1363940)
Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David

Hi,

What is the fuse for the bluetooth that you changed? I am having the EXACT same problem on my 2004 530i. I looked at the fuse map in the tool kit area, and could not find anything for the bluetooth.

Thank you so much!

cookceramics 10-03-2011 02:44 AM

There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!

camshaft 01-22-2012 04:44 PM

I am having this exact same problem on my 04 545i. I bought this car last August and it has the dension gateway 500 installed for ipod integration. Could this be why my bluetooth won't activate? I have never been able to get the bluetooth to activate since I owned it.

Took it to the stealer the other day. Some dude came and looked at it and gave me no advice. Said it probably is because I have the dension...but they would be willing to look at it for $100.

I love to hear more about this fuse?

pyramids111 03-07-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by cookceramics (Post 1387152)
There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!

So what did you end up doing? Mine has the same exact problem. the bluetooth and audio.... please let me know asap.
i woudl apprecieate an email from you at sohaib (dot) bari (at) gmail (dot)com
thank you so much

pyramids111 03-07-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi (Post 1363915)

hi... what did you end up doing? did that problem get fixed??
please lemme know asap. would appreceiate and email at sohaib(dot)bari(at)gmail(dot)com
thank you!!!

1Animal1 03-13-2012 12:46 AM

This is bizarre - I have just wired in a dension (although dont have it working yet) and all of a sudden the bluetooth is coming up with a paragraph message saying to activate it in the car.... yet my phone pairs up to it but doesnt utilise? also the radio keeps cutting in and out too.... :confused:

pyramids111 03-13-2012 04:31 AM

by the way... my audio cuts in and out too. for like the first 5 mins of starting the car. then its fine.....
and blutooth still doesnt work!!

1Animal1 03-13-2012 04:52 AM

I've just taken a reading of my settings screen - says 'Bluetooth communication active. Please switch on bluetooth in the vehicle, to pair a new phone or to connect a phone previously paired to the vehicle'

Yet it won't let me tick the box :/