5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/)
-   -   Bluetooth Will Not Activate on Idrive Setting (https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth-cell-phone-forum-26/bluetooth-will-not-activate-idrive-setting-115380/)

FrankyNJ535xi 07-20-2011 09:46 AM

Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?

BestGear 07-20-2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi (Post 1363915)
Hi. I own a 2008 535xi and I recently deactivated my Bluetooth within my idrive settings due to my phone jamming up. When I go back into the idrive settings under bluetooth, it shows that it is deactivated and the box next to it is unchecked. When I press the mouse down to activate it, it doesn't turn on. Anyone have this problem before?

Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David

pyramids111 09-22-2011 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by BestGear (Post 1363940)
Strange though it may seem, I had the same thing, and it was the fuse!

No reason for it to go...and never did it again...

Worth checking as its only 2mins time.

David

Hi,

What is the fuse for the bluetooth that you changed? I am having the EXACT same problem on my 2004 530i. I looked at the fuse map in the tool kit area, and could not find anything for the bluetooth.

Thank you so much!

cookceramics 10-03-2011 02:44 AM

There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!

camshaft 01-22-2012 04:44 PM

I am having this exact same problem on my 04 545i. I bought this car last August and it has the dension gateway 500 installed for ipod integration. Could this be why my bluetooth won't activate? I have never been able to get the bluetooth to activate since I owned it.

Took it to the stealer the other day. Some dude came and looked at it and gave me no advice. Said it probably is because I have the dension...but they would be willing to look at it for $100.

I love to hear more about this fuse?

pyramids111 03-07-2012 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by cookceramics (Post 1387152)
There is no fuse for the bluetooth that I know of. Your ulf module has most likley died. Just happened to me and I have the same problem. My audio also cuts in and out. Good luck!

So what did you end up doing? Mine has the same exact problem. the bluetooth and audio.... please let me know asap.
i woudl apprecieate an email from you at sohaib (dot) bari (at) gmail (dot)com
thank you so much

pyramids111 03-07-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by FrankyNJ535xi (Post 1363915)

hi... what did you end up doing? did that problem get fixed??
please lemme know asap. would appreceiate and email at sohaib(dot)bari(at)gmail(dot)com
thank you!!!

1Animal1 03-13-2012 12:46 AM

This is bizarre - I have just wired in a dension (although dont have it working yet) and all of a sudden the bluetooth is coming up with a paragraph message saying to activate it in the car.... yet my phone pairs up to it but doesnt utilise? also the radio keeps cutting in and out too.... :confused:

pyramids111 03-13-2012 04:31 AM

by the way... my audio cuts in and out too. for like the first 5 mins of starting the car. then its fine.....
and blutooth still doesnt work!!

1Animal1 03-13-2012 04:52 AM

I've just taken a reading of my settings screen - says 'Bluetooth communication active. Please switch on bluetooth in the vehicle, to pair a new phone or to connect a phone previously paired to the vehicle'

Yet it won't let me tick the box :/

pyramids111 03-13-2012 10:41 AM

how did you wire a dension?
mine doesnt even give me that message. it just doesnt check! and the tab for the phone remains greyed out.
i checked all the fuse, and they are good.
dont know what else to check...

1Animal1 03-14-2012 12:56 AM

I've read a little about this but don't understand what is meant by the bluetooth fuse, pretty certain it doesn't have its own!

I wired the dension in place of the changer, just threw it into the infrared loop and soldered the power to the changer power cables... that's it.

1Animal1 03-14-2012 03:13 AM

Just spoken to my auto leccy who thinks that when i plugged the Dension in, its some how messed the coding up - it's going in on Friday so hopefully i'll be able to shed a little light on this maybe

pyramids111 03-18-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 1Animal1 (Post 1427249)
Just spoken to my auto leccy who thinks that when i plugged the Dension in, its some how messed the coding up - it's going in on Friday so hopefully i'll be able to shed a little light on this maybe

i checked all the fuse in the boot and the glove box... and theyre all good!

mandrsn1 03-26-2012 02:27 PM

This is as far as I go with my Dension as well. I can make calls with my phone on bluetooth, but I need to be on the CDC interface and i must start the call on my phone handset.

I can't wait to get this figured out to fully integrate the Bluetooth. I know it is possible...

pyramids111 03-30-2012 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1Animal1 (Post 1427249)

so what happened?? want to know :D

zakiyy 10-28-2012 06:33 AM

me also same when i click on "To setting menu" nothing happened. What shd i do???

kkrazykool 11-23-2012 02:08 PM

Can you tell us all what heading the fuse is under? I had a look at the card describing all the fuses and cold not find one for Bluetooth?

lee7777777 12-22-2012 02:46 PM

Bluetooth

I have the same problem, can someone please say what the fuse is ? Is it the fuse for telephone ?

lee7777777 12-23-2012 01:13 PM

I removed the 3 fuses under telephone, figured it was worth a try, all fuses were fine :angry:
I then unplugged the bluetooth module , my radio works fine now, no cutting in and out. My conclusion is that my bluetooth module is dead ! It looks straight forward enough to change but does the new one have to be coded to the car or is it just a straight replacement ?
Anyone have any idea ?
Cheers,
Lee

karayakar 12-26-2012 10:45 AM

Fuse no 52,60,89 is related with telephone (in trunk)
radio 34, sat radio 10, Navigation 35 in glove box.

If you can make call but BT is not in iDrive
follow my post.

https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...lution-128432/

there is a wireless_production settings, it should fix.

kkrazykool 03-15-2013 03:54 PM

Dead bluetooth ulf module back to life

So finally figured that the ulf module was dead, you can tell because, there is no red lights seen coming from it. I unclipped all the connectors and unscrew the torx screws. Looked at the pins and one of them first column, second row was loose and after looking at the pcd found it was disconnected. I used a soldering iron to drop some solder to join the pin to the pcs an hey presto the dead ulf module now works!

zakiyy 03-18-2013 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by kkrazykool (Post 1495355)
So finally figured that the ulf module was dead, you can tell because, there is no red lights seen coming from it. I unclipped all the connectors and unscrew the torx screws. Looked at the pins and one of them first column, second row was loose and after looking at the pcd found it was disconnected. I used a soldering iron to drop some solder to join the pin to the pcs an hey presto the dead ulf module now works!

Can u locate where the ULF is found With pictures please !!

kkrazykool 03-19-2013 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by zakiyy (Post 1495622)
Can u locate where the ULF is found With pictures please !!

I will try to take some pics and get them uploaded, in the meantime I have a 2005 E61, the ULF module was located just behind the rear passenger seat. Easiest way to access it is to open the tail gate, open the floor/load area cover (i.e. cover above the space where the spare tyre would be). You then have to remove the tray, by removing plastic lugs. It should slide out easily. Then you should see the ULF module, which is bolted down. It will have a plastic multi-pin connector, and fibre-optic cables going in. You should see red lights coming from it - IF it is not DEAD, even with engine off. Like I said will take a few pics to make the above a bit clearer...
Hope that helps!

Sorta 04-15-2013 06:49 AM

Interesting - I have had my BT working fine ('07 525Xi) and then it suddenly just stopped. My phone's BT works fine with other things and the car says it can pair but never allows iDrive push. I will see if the ULF is toast and let you know.

MegaShark 02-17-2017 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So, did you guys solve it?

I have a 2005 E63 and I'm getting the iDrive message and bluetooth can't be switched to active (Bluetooth used to work, though never flawlessly since I have this car) and I also have the audio cut in/cut off after about a 10 minutes drive.

BMW asked me 600 EUR to change the Bluetooth module! Any other way around it?