Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Stopped!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Okay - I'm still having problems, but I think I found out something. This all started happening when I changed my Treo 650's device 'name'. It was tomTreo... then
I set it to treoTom and erased all the Favorites from my phone. Then I re"pair"ed the phone to the car by deleting the old one.

Lo and behold, after doing the re-pair with the new name it thought my phone was still the old one. It now displays my old favorites directory for 5 seconds, then shuts down the connection, loses connectivity to the phone, regains it and tries to display my old directory once again... repeating this like an endless loop!

I cannot seem to dump the old settings.

I would love to start over, but I cannot seem to cold boot my MY2005 530i (no Nav). Holding the radio's power and eject does NOT reboot my car. (I held them for over 1 minute) Any other ideas?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.
Ugh - I don't believe it. Simple fix. You HAVE to install the carkit update from Palmone for the Treo 650 to use any of the phone directory functions. This was causing my pairing to drop/re-pair/drop etc etc over and over.

I had installed that update, but then had to cold-boot my Treo 650 and never did update it again (it does NOT update the firmware apparently). Treo 650 owners, take note. Keep a handy copy of the carkit.prc somewhere in case you ever have to cold-start your Treo 650 again.

All bluetooth functions are back for me now.

PalmOne CarKit Webpage

From their site......
Your Treo 650 comes equipped with Bluetooth? wireless technology. If your car is equipped with Bluetooth technology also, you can manage your calls in the car in a handsfree manner with Treo 650. Install the update provided here on your Treo 650 to improve the interoperability with the supported carkits. In fact, if you have any Bluetooth car kit - factory, dealer or self installed - we recommend that you install this update for best results with Treo 650.

After installing the update, you can enjoy the convenience of handsfree calling from your car:
  • Observe the carrier name and signal strength in the car kit.
  • Incoming calls will ring in the car. In some car kits, you can also see the caller ID for the incoming call.
  • Answer or reject the incoming call with the car kit. Whether you answer the call from the car kit or Treo 650, the call audio is automatically transferred to the car.
  • Transfer your Treo 650 Speed Dials to the car kit phone book. To learn how to assign speed dials, refer to your Treo 650 documentation.
  • View the call log of last dialed, missed or received calls in the car kit.
  • Initiate outgoing calls from the car by dialing the number from the car kit phone book, or from the list of missed, received or previously placed calls. The call audio is automatically transferred to the car.
  • Swap calls to manage multiple calls.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Mar 7 2005, 09:00 AM
Okay - I'm still having problems, but I think I found out something.? This all started happening when I changed my Treo 650's device 'name'.? It was tomTreo... then
I set it to treoTom and erased all the Favorites from my phone.? Then I re"pair"ed the phone to the car by deleting the old one.

Lo and behold, after doing the re-pair with the new name it thought my phone was still the old one.? It now displays my old favorites directory for 5 seconds, then shuts down the connection, loses connectivity to the phone, regains it and tries to display my old directory once again... repeating this like an endless loop!

I cannot seem to dump the old settings.

I would love to start over, but I cannot seem to cold boot my MY2005 530i (no Nav).? Holding the radio's power and eject does NOT reboot my car.? (I held them for over 1 minute) Any other ideas?
[snapback]98234[/snapback]
Have you tried to delete the device from I-drive. You may need to do that first from this menu
Bluetooth Stopped!-bluetooth_e60_book_page_13_image_0001.jpg

Then try it again. If that fails rename your phone back to what it was before