Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth Sony Ericsson K700i

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D M-sportpack Titansilver 330Ci Cabrio Silver Yamaha V-max Silvermax

Got my new 535D some weeks ago and bought a new K700i for the bluetooth connection. Phone is great and the connection with the car is perfect and stable. The only problem is that de phonebook in not copied into the car.
It is strange but on one occasion the phonebook was copied into the car and it worked well. But afterwards never again . But this means that it can or should work!
If I select a phonebooknr on the phone itself, the phone connection is automatically made via the car system and the phone stays quit.
Can anyone give a hint how i can get the phonebook taken over by the car?
Old 05-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Pattle' date='May 17 2005, 02:14 AM
Got my new 535D some weeks ago and bought a new K700i for the bluetooth connection. Phone is great and the connection with the car is perfect and stable. The only problem is that de phonebook in not copied into the car.
It is strange but on one occasion the phonebook was copied into the car and it worked well. But afterwards never again? . But this means that it can or should work!
If I select a phonebooknr on the phone itself, the phone connection is automatically made via the car system and the phone stays quit.
Can anyone give a hint how i can get the phonebook taken over by the car?
[snapback]129546[/snapback]
Delete the phone from the Bluetooth section. Uncheck bluetooth. On the phone delete the device that starts with BMW and your VIN number. Then start the pairing process again. Once done turn off the car for 5 minutes and then turn it on again. Th ephone book may take as long as half an hour to transfer, but do not sue the phone if possible. Allow the BT link to be idle. Good luck
Old 05-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D M-sportpack Titansilver 330Ci Cabrio Silver Yamaha V-max Silvermax

Many thanks. I followed your advise yesterday evening. Later in the evening the phonebook didn't copy, but this morning it did!
Wonder if it will work continious. If it will not work next time, what have i done wrong? Can you tell me if the phonebook is copying everytime you make connection? Or is it just the first time....or how does it work?

I have seen in other communications that you need tot delete the sms and call memory all the time, but i believe that this was for the ones which phone was disconnecting all the time, but i don't have this problem.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Pattle' date='May 20 2005, 01:49 AM
Many thanks. I followed your advise yesterday evening. Later in the evening the phonebook didn't copy, but this morning it did!?
Wonder if it will work continious. If it will not work next time, what have i done wrong? Can you tell me if the phonebook is copying everytime you make connection? Or is it just the first time....or how does it work?

I have seen in other communications that you need tot delete the sms and call memory all the time, but i believe that this was for the ones which phone was disconnecting all the time, but i don't have this problem.
[snapback]131010[/snapback]
OOPs
Old 05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Pattle' date='May 20 2005, 01:49 AM
Many thanks. I followed your advise yesterday evening. Later in the evening the phonebook didn't copy, but this morning it did!?

[snapback]131010[/snapback]
You should be fine now. There will not be a delay next time your phone connects to the car. I think it caches a copy on the car and then just synchs periodically.

I noticed with CIP 16.1 the synch process is much faster.