Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth and SMS, Europe

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Even though I love the Bluetooth functionality, using it many times every time I drive my car, it is anoying that people can't send me SMS while I'm connected to my car. The main problem is not that I-drive doesn't display arriving SMS, the main problem is that the whole SMS function in my Nokia 6310 i is blocked !!

Not good !

Peter

Stockholm
Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

On the S55 the SMS function is not blocked but the telephone opens the message by itselfs (maybe reads it) and it isn't shown on the I-Drive too. When I get out of the car I see nothing on the phone (the closed envelope) and I sometimes find opened sms messages wich are a few days old on my phone that I hadn't seen yet.

Very strange that this happens.. But I am adapting and check my message part of the phone regularly so I will not miss anything.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

Interesting feedback on bluetooth, thanks.

What do you think is the best phone setup - BMW GSM Phone professional ( 638 )or the bluetooth phone option ( 644 )?

In my car i have option 638 and it works great but on my next E60 ( hopefully the M5 next year ), I?m not sure what option to choose?

It would be nice if the bluetooth could work 100%.
I have a Ericsson T630 that I could use in the car.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Contributors

I would go for the 644 Bluetooth solution, and use the Sony Ericsson.

I use Nokia 6310 i and that phone has an option, where you can specify several numbers per name (mobile, home,office and so on). BUT I-driver is only showing the first no...

So in the same I-drive I have paired my sons SE630, which have the same option, and You know what ?? All the numbers are shown on the I-drive screen !!

Conclusion: SonyEricsson is better together with I-drive that Nokia 6310i...

Peter
Stockholm
Old 09-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

How many phones can you pair at the same time in the car?

Which priority does the different paired phones get?

Do I loose anything by not ordering option 638?

You use a cradle for your Nokia, right?
Otherwise you don?t have the antenna ofcourse!?

One thing I found out last week, after installing new software in the car, was taht the bluetooth connection between the car and the 638 phone has more noise now.

Why is that? Should i try to pair the devices again maybe?
Old 09-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Senior Members

One more question

How about the SMS problem? Is SMS working with Ericsson in the E60?
Old 09-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Members

cidair,
you mentioned that you have option 638 now (which i beleive is BMW pro. phone built under the arm rest - communicates via blue tooth with iDrive)
you also mentioned that your T630 is currently working with the car

How is that? I have had this problem for a long time now. Cant pair my SE because the car has built in phone. They told me I cannot pair because the car has the Built In BMW phone.

please give me details on what you did.

Thank you
Old 09-12-2004, 03:28 AM
Contributors

I just tried with the SE 630: Receiving SMS works with SE 630 without any problem !

Maybe there is an update for the Nokia 6310 i, that could solve the problem ? It's rather anoying that you can't receive sms while your are connected to the I-drive, as the sender has no idea that his SMS hasn't arrived...
Peter
Old 09-12-2004, 03:52 AM
Members

my T630 doesnt show sms messages on the idrive screen.

Kinda sucks.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:41 AM
Senior Members

cidair: You can add up to four phones to the system, afaik. From the list of four you choose which is the preferred phone. Whenever one of the phones on the list is present in the car, it is paired. However, if there are two phones present and one of them is the preferred phone, the preferred phone will be paired. At least that is the impression I've got.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and SMS, Europe