Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Nov 25 2004, 08:51 AM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Nov 24 2004, 05:10 PM']
BTW.?? Where is Pharding????????? He seems to have disappeared.?

E60.NET call Paul Harding!!!!? Come In please!
[snapback]60431[/snapback]
I have been trying to whip RF e60 and e90 boards back into shape. Talk about a thankless task. For my efforts I was told today, Thanksgiving Day, that "I should be shot". Earlier this week JamesS3 said that I should be beat up. What triggered this response by JamesS3 was my two posts about his creditability on the e90 board. After some people were buying his line of nonsense, I suggested that before giving him creditabilty they should search the RF e60 Board to read his classic posts. JamesS3 was also upset when I questioned why he was so active on the RF e90 board, after he stated repeatedly on the e60 board that he going to buy an MB E500, which is twice the price of an e90.

Anyway back to Bluetooth. I haven't noticed the problems that you alluded to. I'll look into them. My biggest problem now is that I switched to the RAZR V3, my calls have been dropped more frequently. I need to go in and get the chip programmed with the current list of tower sites. In general I am quite happy with Bluetooth because I am not married to an obsolete cell phone.
[snapback]60757[/snapback]
[/quote]
i don't know who the hell he is and don't care about rf at all . but i think he knows you can easily throw him to jail because of his nonsense comments .
Old 12-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Members

Add another BT annoyance to the list:

When dialing using voice commands - the L7 music source kicks back on for a second or two after issuing the "dial" command but before the network picks up the ringtone. Does not occur when dialing from I-Drive. It's about as aggravating as the five ring limit.

Anybody else getting this?
Old 12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Buster' date='Dec 2 2004, 02:14 PM
Add another BT annoyance to the list:

When dialing using voice commands - the L7 music source kicks back on for a second or two after issuing the "dial" command but before the network picks up the ringtone.? Does not occur when dialing from I-Drive.? It's about as aggravating as the five ring limit.?

Anybody else getting this?
[snapback]63543[/snapback]
Yup! but I can live with that. The five ring limit is a real limit as is the lack of ability to take a call wait. You hear the beep, but are helpless.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

I have a Moto V3 RAZR.

I also cannot leave voice mails for people because of the ring limit.

My stereo also cuts back in briefly after voice dialing by name. Your instinct is to hit the off button.... but that actually just turns the stereo on when the phone does connect.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Members

[snapback]63543[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yup! but I can live with that. The five ring limit is a real limit as is the lack of ability to take a call wait. You hear the beep, but are helpless.
[snapback]63550[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is it possible to use the handset to switch over? I know this defeats the whole purpose of going hands free - but it works for navigating through voice mail.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

Anoying !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Also annoying, if I select a name in iDrive from the book, and push teh button, the call/dial command is grayed out. I have to select the name in iDrive, and use the telephone button on the wheel to dial.

Seems odd.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Well while we are at it, here is another one.

You receive a call. Then press the steering button to accept. No feed back for atleast 10 seconds. You are not sure if its taken. Actually it has and the party is on the line wondering why you are not saying "Hello"
Old 12-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by John W' date='Dec 2 2004, 04:33 PM
Also annoying, if I select a name in iDrive from the book, and push teh button, the call/dial command is grayed out.? I have to select the name in iDrive, and use the telephone button on the wheel to dial.

Seems odd.
[snapback]63665[/snapback]
Actually I think they are greyed out if there is no signal. I often see even the call icon greyed out if that is the case.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John W' date='Dec 2 2004, 05:33 PM
Also annoying, if I select a name in iDrive from the book, and push teh button, the call/dial command is grayed out.? I have to select the name in iDrive, and use the telephone button on the wheel to dial.

Seems odd.
[snapback]63665[/snapback]
Doesn't happen to me....

The flash back on of the stereo is annoying as is the lack of response when answering a call as is the inability to take call waiting....

Quick Reply: Bluetooth annoyances