Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Bluetooth annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

I love Bluetooth connectivity, after all that we have gone through to get it functioning on MY04 cars, I am not complaining. BUT Here are some observations.

1. When dialing a call. If it rings 5 times the phone hangs up. This is just about the time when your parties voice mail will initiate, so I cannot leave messages.

2. If you loose signal, (very easy with Cingular) there is a delay before the call ends.

3. When in a call, If you switch off the car and remove the key from the ignition, the radio/CD will keep playing, I-drive is still alive even if you lock the car and walk away. This can easily happen in scenario 2.

I was on a call that dropped as I drove into the basement of my office building. The phone would not end the call so the only way for me to get out of (3) was to open the phone and drop the BMW connection.

Any comments.

BTW. Where is Pharding??????? He seems to have disappeared.

E60.NET call Paul Harding!!!! Come In please!
Old 11-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Members

1. I am experiencing the same with V600 and Cingular. It is particularly annoying when I am trying to access my office voice mail system. Anybody with a non-Moto handset getting this? Seems to me that this should be a software setting where you could program to have it drop the call on the 7th ring?

2. I think this may be a Moto/Cingular weakness - not a BT issue. I've had the V600 for a few months and the V60 before that and this has always been a problem. You can easly end up talking 20-30 seconds after the signal has dropped before the handset registers the call ended.

Would be helpful to hear from members with other handsets and carriers?

3. Haven't experienced this yet.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Buster' date='Nov 24 2004, 05:34 PM
1.? I am experiencing the same with V600 and Cingular.? It is particularly annoying when I am trying to access my office voice mail system.? Anybody with a non-Moto handset getting this?? Seems to me that this should be a software setting where you could program to have it drop the call on the 7th ring?

2.? I think this may be a Moto/Cingular weakness - not a BT issue.? I've had the V600 for a few months and the V60 before that and this has always been a problem. You can easly end up talking 20-30 seconds after the signal has dropped before the handset registers the call ended.?

Would be helpful to hear from members with other handsets and carriers?

3.? Haven't experienced this yet.
[snapback]60436[/snapback]
Except that it only happens from the car. Not the handset. The voice mail thing I mean.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

I am using a Sony T-637 and I have seen issue 2 and 3 I will test out one later or tommorrow and let you know...
Old 11-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Contributors

There is something odd on mine.. when an incoming call comes in, after I think2 rings, it sounds like a European monotone phone ring.. like a horn, almost.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Nov 24 2004, 08:09 PM
There is something odd on mine.. when an incoming call comes in, after I think2 rings, it sounds like a European monotone phone ring.. like a horn, almost.
[snapback]60475[/snapback]
I think the phone just transfers the ringtone through the speakers. Mine is so similar that I can't tell if its coming from the speakers or the phone in my pocket.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 545Ai, Silver grey, black, poplar, Sport Pkg, Logic 7, Comfort seats, Nav, HUD, PDC, rear shades, and satellite radio

No problems using V600 on T-Mobile. You can also manually disconnect the call by pushing your steering wheel phone icon once .
Old 11-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Members

I have the problem getting through to someone's vm as well on my t637.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 24 2004, 05:10 PM
BTW.? Where is Pharding???????? He seems to have disappeared.?

E60.NET call Paul Harding!!!!? Come In please!
[snapback]60431[/snapback]
I have been trying to whip RF e60 and e90 boards back into shape. Talk about a thankless task. For my efforts I was told today, Thanksgiving Day, that "I should be shot". Earlier this week JamesS3 said that I should be beat up. What triggered this response by JamesS3 was my two posts about his creditability on the e90 board. After some people were buying his line of nonsense, I suggested that before giving him creditabilty they should search the RF e60 Board to read his classic posts. JamesS3 was also upset when I questioned why he was so active on the RF e90 board, after he stated repeatedly on the e60 board that he going to buy an MB E500, which is twice the price of an e90.

Anyway back to Bluetooth. I haven't noticed the problems that you alluded to. I'll look into them. My biggest problem now is that I switched to the RAZR V3, my calls have been dropped more frequently. I need to go in and get the chip programmed with the current list of tower sites. In general I am quite happy with Bluetooth because I am not married to an obsolete cell phone.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

But which was supposed to come first? The shooting or the beating? I mean hell, no sense in beating someone who's bullet-ridden.

I tried reading some of those boards...until I found this one. Maturity with a stripe of nonsense - count me in.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth annoyances