Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't have a part number - after I got the estimated cost, it kind of put me off <_<

Next time I am at the dealer's I'll try to get the information for you.

Mark
Old 07-29-2004, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by plindegaard' date='Jul 29 2004, 01:51 PM
That sound very interesting browellm. Do You have more information of part no. or anything else I can take to my Swedish dealer in order to get the retrofit ??

Kind regards,

Peter
i see that your build date is feb 04, so you might not be able to get it.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:53 AM
Contributors

Hi e60525d,

Why should ny build date (Feb 04) be a problem concerning retrofit of Bluetooth ?

Kind regards

Peter
Stockholm

PS My problem is that I tried the Bluetooth option in a German car (with Navi Buss.) back in Nov 2003, and it works fantastic, I really would like to get it....
Old 07-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Members

Guys, I don't see why money should be spend on Bluetooth retrofit. The bluetooth option #640. If you have that then you can pair up to 4 phones but use one at a time.
The bluetooth retrofit is pricy, it only charges the phone and connects it to the shark fin.
I have seen variable phones paired to E60s and it is working just fine. With these new cell phones you don't need to charge the phone everytime you enter the car. Therefore not buying a bluetooth retrofit is okay and you can choose any phone that is compatible with E60s to pair it up.
My point is that these retrofits you are installing under the armrest are not a requirement for pairing the phone. Many of you already know this but a lot of people don't know that this is only an accessory.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Desert530' date='Jul 30 2004, 04:57 AM
My point is that these retrofits you are installing under the armrest are not a requirement for pairing the phone. Many of you already know this but a lot of people don't know that this is only an accessory.
Sorry to say, but You'r wrong here. It is NOT possible to pair a GSM Telephone (as mine Nokia 6310i) with the car, without having a retrofit. I bought the #640 option (Preparation for phone), in the hope that this would help me. But so far I have not heard of any retrofit option for my car, which is build in Feb. 2004.

Peter
Old 07-30-2004, 03:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by plindegaard' date='Jul 30 2004, 05:06 AM
[quote name='Desert530' date='Jul 30 2004, 04:57 AM']My point is that these retrofits you are installing under the armrest are not a requirement for pairing the phone. Many of you already know this but a lot of people don't know that this is only an accessory.
Sorry to say, but You'r wrong here. It is NOT possible to pair a GSM Telephone (as mine Nokia 6310i) with the car, without having a retrofit. I bought the #640 option (Preparation for phone), in the hope that this would help me. But so far I have not heard of any retrofit option for my car, which is build in Feb. 2004.

Peter [/quote]
This is true. If you choose for the blootooth option the cradle in the armrest i not needed. My dealer told me I could have the cradle under the armrest but it is only there to charge my telephone.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Sorry, but You missed the point: When I ordered my car the Bluetooth Option #644 was NOT available when You ordered Navi Prof. So I chose the #640 in the hope that it would ease a retrofit option...

Peter
Old 07-30-2004, 03:40 AM
Members

plindegaard: I agree with you that your nokia will not pair becuase it is not compatible.
But with all do respect, buying a new cell phone that is compatible and will pair is cheaper than spending money on a retrofit for your Nokia. There are newer nokia models that will pair, and they are not that expensive.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:02 AM
Contributors

Dear desert530. The problem is not the Nokia 6310i, the Bluetooth on it works when I connect it to my PC or my PDA. The problem is that my E60 is NOT equipped with the hardware and software needed to use Bluetooth, and there is not - to my knowledge - a retrofit option to by from BMW...

Peter
Old 07-30-2004, 04:04 AM
Contributors

PS dessert: I actually used my existing Nokia 6310 in Nov. 2003 in Munich, when I tried the E60 (Navi B.) with Bluetooth, and it worked !

P

Quick Reply: bluetooth