Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

BLUETOOOTH BLUETOOTH BLUETOOTH

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004 | 06:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Premium Package, Nav, HUD, Sports Package, Logic 7, Cold Weather package, Black with Gray interior
Unhappy

Hi guys,

I really need your help. My BMW Dealer (Long Island, NY) is not helping. They are vey limited when it comes to the the new tech in the 545i. I have a July 2004 Build 545. I want Bluetooth installed. They insist that I do not have the option and only 9/2004 and beyond have this feature. I have read numerous times in this forum how people who have as far back as May 2004 builds have had Bluetooth installed. I had my car updated to the latest software and I noticed that they disabled every feature that has been giving BMW problems. TMC is disabled and another feature on the default settings screen is disabled (I have not figured out which one yet. I am just one menu option short). I NEED HELP. Does anyone know of a dealer in NY, NH, NJ, CT, VT that can help me get BLUETOOTH installed????? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Guys

PS. I have a bluetooth card. Does this mean anything? Is there a way I can look in the trunk to see if i have the Bluetooth module???

2004 545i Navigation, Black/Gray Interior, Spt Pkg, Premium Package, Navigation, Head Up Display, Logic7, Cold Weather Package

Stephane
Old 11-29-2004 | 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 08:05 AM
Hi guys,

I really need your help. My BMW Dealer (Long Island, NY) is not helping. They are vey limited when it comes to the the new tech in the 545i. I have a July 2004 Build 545. I want Bluetooth installed. They insist that I do not have the option and only 9/2004 and beyond have this feature. I have read numerous times in this forum how people who have as far back as May 2004 builds have had Bluetooth installed. I had my car updated to the latest software and I noticed that they disabled every feature that has been giving BMW problems. TMC is disabled and another feature on the default settings screen is disabled (I have not figured out which one yet. I am just one menu option short). I NEED HELP. Does anyone know of a dealer in NY, NH, NJ, CT, VT that can help me get BLUETOOTH installed????? Your help would be greatly appreciated!?

Thanks Guys

PS. I have a bluetooth card. Does this mean anything? Is there a way I can look in the trunk to see if i have the Bluetooth module???

2004 545i Navigation, Black/Gray Interior, Spt Pkg, Premium Package, Navigation, Head Up Display, Logic7, Cold Weather Package

Stephane
[snapback]61985[/snapback]
Yes Yes Yes. You can have Bluetooth. You need V13.3 or later of the software and maybe a cable connected with some coding.

I know its long but somewhere in this thread you will find the service bulletins that you need to have your dealer look up. I printed these out and showed it to them.
Old 11-29-2004 | 06:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Premium Package, Nav, HUD, Sports Package, Logic 7, Cold Weather package, Black with Gray interior

Thanks for replying. I showed them the service bullitens, but all they did was bring out the shop foreman so he can tell me personally that it cant be done. That is why I am looking for another dealer in my area that can do it for me.

Its been real frustrating!
Old 11-29-2004 | 07:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for replying. I showed them the service bullitens, but all they did was bring out the shop foreman so he can tell me personally that it cant be done. That is why I am looking for another dealer in my area that can do it for me.

[snapback]61995[/snapback]
Please share your location with us. It helps us make more informed responses to your posts.
Old 11-29-2004 | 07:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 29 2004, 10:25 AM
[quote name='MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 08:48 AM']Thanks for replying. I showed them the service bullitens, but all they did was bring out the shop foreman so he can tell me personally that it cant be done. That is why I am looking for another dealer in my area that can do it for me.

Please share your location with us. It helps us make more informed responses to your posts.
[snapback]62005[/snapback]
[/quote]

I live in Holbrook, NY. Right by mcArthur Airport on Long Island
Old 11-29-2004 | 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

I used Prestige in NJ and they were great...
Old 11-29-2004 | 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tedmundson' date='Nov 29 2004, 11:00 AM
I used Prestige in NJ and they were great...
[snapback]62016[/snapback]
Did they install Bluetooth for you??
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 07:48 AM
...I showed them the service bullitens, but all they did was bring out the shop foreman so he can tell me personally that it cant be done...
When my local dealer did the same thing I called BMWNA and spoke with a Customer Service rep. Using my VIN she ascertained that my car (7/04 build date) was eligible for the upgrade. She then called the Service Manager at my dealer and connected him with the appropriate people at BMWNA to explain the upgrade. I then got a call back from my dealer, and an appointment to get the upgrade done.

The car is now upgraded and working great.
Old 11-29-2004 | 10:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Parx' date='Nov 29 2004, 01:35 PM
[quote name='MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 07:48 AM']...I showed them the service bullitens, but all they did was bring out the shop foreman so he can tell me personally that it cant be done...
When my local dealer did the same thing I called BMWNA and spoke with a Customer Service rep. Using my VIN she ascertained that my car (7/04 build date) was eligible for the upgrade. She then called the Service Manager at my dealer and connected him with the appropriate people at BMWNA to explain the upgrade. I then got a call back from my dealer, and an appointment to get the upgrade done.

The car is now upgraded and working great.
[snapback]62074[/snapback]
[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea! Do you have that customer service number handy?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2004 | 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530I Prem Package, Cold Weather, Prem Sound, Bluetooth and Sat.

Originally Posted by MrTouya' date='Nov 29 2004, 12:46 PM
[quote name='tedmundson' date='Nov 29 2004, 11:00 AM']I used Prestige in NJ and they were great...
[snapback]62016[/snapback]
Did they install Bluetooth for you??
[snapback]62031[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes just last week I had Bluetooth upgrade and a AUX adapter added to my radio..

Quick Reply: BLUETOOOTH BLUETOOTH BLUETOOTH