Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:44 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 535xi Touched by TURNER
Model Year: 2009
Engine: n54

Does this help...[IMG][/IMG]

http://evolver.fm/2013/06/06/airplay...s-in-your-car/
Old 04-09-2015, 11:54 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by insyder
More expensive, unnecessarily complicated and doesn't work with a universal standardized protocol.

Yep, that's an Apple solution.
heh...
More expensive....
* BETTER componets the best infact....

Unnecessarily complicated...
*It's the most intuitive UI in the word.....ill chaulk it up to
USER error..

Doesn't work with a universal standardized protocol......
*IF that USP...is inadequate...APPLE WILL MAKE A BETTER ONE...
take USB-C for instance....

SUPPORT THE FRUIT!!!!



all in good fun....you can be a PC and i can be a Mac its allllllll Goood.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Maybe a dumb question but, I have the factory bluetooth module which my phone is currently paired to send and receive calls. As far as I know I can't stream music with it. Will this unit interfere with my factory module? Can I only pair to 1 thing at a time? If I'm paired to both, will my music cutout when I receive a call?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:35 PM
New Members

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Boost7
It's been a few weeks that I've had this installed in my car, and everyone that's been in my car before, and now seeing that I'm able to stream music wireless, asked how much did it cost to get this feature installed. They tripped out when I told them only 30 bucks. Then they start to mess around with things to see how it works and behaves.

So this is with an iphone 6, other devices might behave differently, but below are some highlights that I've notice and like a lot with this mod:

- once paired up, entering and existing car, my phone and the SureBT pairs up automatically and instantly
- sound quality is amazing, you can't even tell it's streaming via BT
- music and phone calls toggles back and forth without any problem
- music even pause when incoming phone call is receive
- music resumes if it was playing before, when phone call ends
- no engine noise ( I was afraid this might pick up unwanted engine noise/whine)
- small enough to conceal mount it - set it and forget it
- best 30 dollar mod so far

Thanks insyder for sharing this with everyone.
Thanks Quanger for the install.
+1 and my sound quality is terrific and no $99 Apple item can make it any better IMHO.
Don't get me wrong I do like Apple, but don't like throwing money at them for no reason.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:13 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by 545iMike
Maybe a dumb question but, I have the factory bluetooth module which my phone is currently paired to send and receive calls. As far as I know I can't stream music with it. Will this unit interfere with my factory module? Can I only pair to 1 thing at a time? If I'm paired to both, will my music cutout when I receive a call?
From my knowledge of bluetooth you would not need to pair the "Phone" Bluetooth as the Aux Bluthooth module and the phone would handle both music & phone calls just like a set of headphones. no need to switch between and if you can change tracks and what not with it then you can accept a call also..
Old 04-10-2015, 04:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rackhacker9275
From my knowledge of bluetooth you would not need to pair the "Phone" Bluetooth as the Aux Bluthooth module and the phone would handle both music & phone calls just like a set of headphones. no need to switch between and if you can change tracks and what not with it then you can accept a call also..
Thanks.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:59 PM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

My Note 4 has two pairings in my BMW.
One pairing is phone to car for calls.
Second pairing is phone to Sure BT Audio module for aux audio..

When the phone rings, the music pauses. (At least on Pandora it does) You can then hit the iDrive to answer the call. End the call and the phone is waiting for you to resume.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:11 PM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

Originally Posted by rackhacker9275
SUPPORT THE FRUIT!!!!
No.

Your iphone would work in my car via BT because we Androids are ok with "being together, not the same."

But because of the proprietary Airplay nonsense anyone "thinking different" becomes unwelcome to share music in your car.

Why does Apple hate anyone "thinking different?"

[/sarcasm]
Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by insyder
My Note 4 has two pairings in my BMW.
One pairing is phone to car for calls.
Second pairing is phone to Sure BT Audio module for aux audio..

When the phone rings, the music pauses. (At least on Pandora it does) You can then hit the iDrive to answer the call. End the call and the phone is waiting for you to resume.
Awesome. I prefer to use the car for calls as my phone is almost always in my pocket.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Awesome. I prefer to use the car for calls as my phone is almost always in my pocket.
Hey Mike,
My phone connected to the BMW's BT and the Sure's BT as soon as I have the ignition on. Also at the same time, my phone is connected to the Satechi Bluetooth Media Button. Which I using it to control my phone music and volume, and don't have to touch my phone or take out my phone. So simultaneously my fruity phone is connected to 3 BT devices without interfere. The Satechi BT Media Button is powered by a watch battery, it has a power saver feature that shutoff its power after a few second without use, but power back on and reconnect to the phone when you press any of its button. Been using it for a couple months now. It comes with a adapter so that you can have the BT button on the steering wheel or wherever you want to install it. I have my on the shifter because that's where my hand most frequently rest. All the wireless streaming at my fingertip without having to take out my phone, a very awesome mod for a better music than the radio.

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming