Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by rackhacker9275
heh...
More expensive....
* BETTER componets the best infact....

Unnecessarily complicated...
*It's the most intuitive UI in the word.....ill chaulk it up to
USER error..

Doesn't work with a universal standardized protocol......
*IF that USP...is inadequate...APPLE WILL MAKE A BETTER ONE...
take USB-C for instance....

SUPPORT THE FRUIT!!!!



all in good fun....you can be a PC and i can be a Mac its allllllll Goood.
Hehehe, I neither support or hate the FRUIT. I have own both phones, and currently I am using the Fruity 6. Each of them have its own pros and cons.
After did some reading and researching, I think any music playing and WiFi phone can play on your setup. Admittedly, your way of streaming music is better than any BT modules. But hardly notice if you don't have a set of God's ears .
And all in good fun.... even my phone is a bitten Fruit, I'm still and always will be a PC man
Old 04-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Originally Posted by quanger
Hey Mike,
My phone connected to the BMW's BT and the Sure's BT as soon as I have the ignition on. Also at the same time, my phone is connected to the Satechi Bluetooth Media Button. Which I using it to control my phone music and volume, and don't have to touch my phone or take out my phone. So simultaneously my fruity phone is connected to 3 BT devices without interfere. The Satechi BT Media Button is powered by a watch battery, it has a power saver feature that shutoff its power after a few second without use, but power back on and reconnect to the phone when you press any of its button. Been using it for a couple months now. It comes with a adapter so that you can have the BT button on the steering wheel or wherever you want to install it. I have my on the shifter because that's where my hand most frequently rest. All the wireless streaming at my fingertip without having to take out my phone, a very awesome mod for a better music than the radio.
Nice. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Members

Just as an alternative option, have a read of this thread....in post #50 I review what I found.

https://5series.net/forums/e60-discu...-121832/page5/
Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

Originally Posted by quanger
Hey Mike,
My phone connected to the BMW's BT and the Sure's BT as soon as I have the ignition on. Also at the same time, my phone is connected to the Satechi Bluetooth Media Button. Which I using it to control my phone music and volume, and don't have to touch my phone or take out my phone...
I've been procrastinating on picking up the Satechi remote control, but that button looks great!!!
I'm thinking I'll go with that instead!
Old 04-15-2015, 02:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I'm finally getting around to doing this and have a few questions/want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I do not have the plug that goes into the back of the cd player roskinc tells you to plug the aux cable into. When I got my aux installed the guy simply put the pins into where they needed to go. Can anyone tell which numbers the pins go into? Or should I go grab the little connector from the dealer?

Second, I've attached a pic of my old aux cable and will be splicing it into two RCA cables, is that correct?

I know I've kinda asked this one before but, I'm going to be using the pass. cigarette lighter to tap power. Should I go from the back thru the dash or the passenger side footwell to get to it. Or just use the center console one?

Depending on how I get power will help me decide where I'm placing the board. I think I have space to mount it under the cd player since I don't have NAV.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Better Bluetooth Streaming-imag0634.jpg  
Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by insyder
I've been procrastinating on picking up the Satechi remote control, but that button looks great!!!
I'm thinking I'll go with that instead!
Yeah Bro, the button diameter is about the size of the dollar coin. look somewhat similar to our climate control knob. You can use the steering wheel adapter to put it on your steering wheel. Or you can double sided taping it to wherever convenient to you. Or hang it on your key change . They're all come in the box for your choosing.

Originally Posted by ETNav382
I'm finally getting around to doing this and have a few questions/want to make sure I'm doing this right.

I do not have the plug that goes into the back of the cd player roskinc tells you to plug the aux cable into. When I got my aux installed the guy simply put the pins into where they needed to go. Can anyone tell which numbers the pins go into? Or should I go grab the little connector from the dealer?

Second, I've attached a pic of my old aux cable and will be splicing it into two RCA cables, is that correct?

I know I've kinda asked this one before but, I'm going to be using the pass. cigarette lighter to tap power. Should I go from the back thru the dash or the passenger side footwell to get to it. Or just use the center console one?

Depending on how I get power will help me decide where I'm placing the board. I think I have space to mount it under the cd player since I don't have NAV.

Thanks in advance!
Do you use the Sure board? if you do, for easier installation, just get something like this:
5 Pcs 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Audio Male Adapter Connectors
And connect your female AUX to the board. The 3.5 stereo plug in the one sit between the 2 RCA connectors.

Here is the PDF for your installation:
https://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/ins405.pdf
Old 04-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

Thanks, I am using the sure board and just bought a 5 pack of the connectors off Amazon. I did some searching and found the part number for the connector that I don't have. I'm going to call local dealers tomorrow and see if they have it in stock.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:28 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks, I am using the sure board and just bought a 5 pack of the connectors off Amazon. I did some searching and found the part number for the connector that I don't have. I'm going to call local dealers tomorrow and see if they have it in stock.
Lol sorry bro for the misleading. You only need 1 of the male to male 3.5 stereo. I only give you the link so you can see what that jack look like. So sorry about that.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

No misleading done, Amazon had the same thing for sale as the link you posted but .20¢ cheaper and I get two day shipping.

Since I have my original cable to work with now I think I'm going to try for the center console cigarette lighter power and double sided tape to hold the board to something. Thanks and I'll post more if I have more questions.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:39 AM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

I'd get the connector from the dealer to ensure its properly connected and safe.
If thats the aux cable coming from the pins connection you're talking about then yes, solder in a couple of RCA cables that will plug in to the Sure board. But to be honest, if you're redoing the connection in the back of the head unit, just rewire from there some rca plugs so the wiring is solid.

Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming