Better Bluetooth Streaming - Page 20 - 5Series.net - Forums


Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #191
New Members
 
BostonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsoup View Post
So I finally decided to do this mod. I had previously ordered everything but it all sat on counter b/c I was fearful of getting in and not having something or other options if the main "simple" (so it appears) option failed. I went to auto stores seeing if I could buy a clean fuse tap - and guidance "where" to plug it - but both where blah, blah, blah.

Anyways...I am going back to Aux cable b/c 1) it has a muffled sound - Mine is NOT as crystal clear as everyone else claims. The Aux cable IS crystal clear...or normal I would say. 2) It does NOT Pair easy. 3) It does NOT pair more than one device at a time..i.e. My Note 4 and my wife's IPhone 6.

Pairing: I have to go through a whole exercise of car switched on, to car fully started. Turning off Bluetooth on my Note 4 to allow it to rescan. Reselecting Aux on the dash (iDrive). In my experiment, this (selecting or reselecting Aux) appeared to "turn on" or make the Sure HiFi appear on the Bluetooth list. Once it's listed, then the exercise of selecting it but it won't connect. Sometimes (prolly initially) it appears as Hex, then later as the name.

It's just too much running around the block to only get a muffled sound. My plan going forward is to revert back to the Aux cable until I can narrow down the right year etc OEM BMW TCU to purchase.

FYI: What I mean by getting in and finding out instructions where not as easy as stated. Others used the cigarette lighter in the rear to tap for power source. I've made it clear I was using the front since that's where my Aux cable is located. Well getting to the bottom side of the front cigarette lighter was a roadblock. Couldn't find info nowhere w/my stereo NOW out!! I found and used the cigarette lighter under the passenger side glove box. After pulling the panel (underneath the glove box) the wires and plug are right there to pull out. Plus, the lighter is labeled pos/neg on the cover for semi-novices like myself. I used the blue 3M Quick Connects to tap into the wires to my power plug I bought. All of my connects are a simple plug in for the Aux, and plug in for the power - no soldering!! Clean is what I wanted!!

Hope this helps others still searching for Bluetooth answers for their non "enabled" Bluetooth E60!!
i think one of two things has happened-

1) you received a faulty board
2) you botched the install somehow

The BT board draws relatively little power, so you should have been able to tap into any fused 12V power source that is on with the ignition and does not stay on after the car is off. You didn't specifically need a cigarette lighter circuit to tap into.

if your aux cable is clear and you are connecting your BT board to your aux cable (assuming using a male-to-male headphone cable and not the RCA outputs), there is no reason that your streaming audio shouldnt be clear unless something is wrong with the board. i have never had any issues pairing with mine and it connects right away every time.
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:17 PM   #192
New Members

 
cmyachtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 356
Default

+1 on that, my iPhone SE and 4 always pair instantly automatically once paired initially, never had any issues plus sound is great.
cmyachtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:36 AM   #193
Super Moderator

 
JayArras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Posts: 2,109
Default

I do have to say that I am experiencing issues with my Sure board connecting every time. It appears to be totally random. On my way to work, it won't connect. On the way home, it's fine.

When I first installed the board, both Waze and Pandora would play though Bluetooth. Now, (when I do connect) Waze will only play through the phone speaker, while Pandora plays though Bluetooth. I don't have the same issue with Google Maps. This, I think, is an issue with my phone (a Moto G Play) because it is also sometimes having problems finding GPS also.
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #194
New Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonJon View Post
i think one of two things has happened-

1) you received a faulty board
2) you botched the install somehow

The BT board draws relatively little power, so you should have been able to tap into any fused 12V power source that is on with the ignition and does not stay on after the car is off. You didn't specifically need a cigarette lighter circuit to tap into.

if your aux cable is clear and you are connecting your BT board to your aux cable (assuming using a male-to-male headphone cable and not the RCA outputs), there is no reason that your streaming audio shouldn't be clear unless something is wrong with the board. i have never had any issues pairing with mine and it connects right away every time.
#1 is possible
#2 is also possible - but unlikely since its not too much I could've screwed up!! loll

Here's my equipment list:

Bluetooth v4.0 Audio Receiver Board aptX +EDR 12 VDC
Amazon Amazon

RuiLing 2PCS 3.5mm Jack to 3.5mm Audio Male Adapter Connectors.
(
Amazon Amazon
)

DC Barrel Plug Pigtail
https://vetco.net/products/2-1mm-dc-...plug-w-6-cable

**This is quick connect tapped into cigarette lighter wires (underneath glove box)

So I only had to plug in *2* connections (Power and Aux)!! loll

I will acknowledge each "additional" plug could add grey areas i.e. my Audio Male Adapters - but it wld essentially be the same for using an Aux Cable.

My connections are *almost* 100% defensible..I do leave room for doubt since it's me and I'm not an electrical engineer! What isn't is the Bluetooth Pairing. So you may be on to something suggesting a bad board.

Last edited by Tsoup; 07-30-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Tsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 AM   #195
New Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 31
Default

Anyone use a USB dongle to Aux in the center console like such:

harshybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:56 AM   #196
Senior Members
 
sanjsanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
I do have to say that I am experiencing issues with my Sure board connecting every time. It appears to be totally random. On my way to work, it won't connect. On the way home, it's fine.

When I first installed the board, both Waze and Pandora would play though Bluetooth. Now, (when I do connect) Waze will only play through the phone speaker, while Pandora plays though Bluetooth. I don't have the same issue with Google Maps. This, I think, is an issue with my phone (a Moto G Play) because it is also sometimes having problems finding GPS also.
this is due to a software update on android - my phone use to do the same, waze went through bluetooth - now waze plays through the phone's speaker. I think you can change the speaker settings in Waze's sound settings...
sanjsanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:03 AM   #197
Super Moderator

 
JayArras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Posts: 2,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsanj View Post
this is due to a software update on android - my phone use to do the same, waze went through bluetooth - now waze plays through the phone's speaker. I think you can change the speaker settings in Waze's sound settings...
You're right! I found a setting called "Play sound to phone speaker", so I turned it off. I'll see if it addresses the issue when I'm on my way home. Thanks!

Now if I could only figure out why I keep losing GPS signal... <sigh>
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E60 Tablet Install CHRGRS_BMW E60 Parts, Accessories and Mods 38 09-01-2016 09:39 AM
Another sos malfunction :-( Sou1b1azer E61 Touring Discussion 8 10-14-2015 06:55 PM
e61 retrofit possible ? ka2er Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum 0 07-31-2015 08:08 AM
Mobile Phone not installed screen in Communications tab of iDrive boozooface Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum 2 07-29-2015 06:56 AM
iDrive/ Bluetooth issue zukgod1 E60 Discussion 3 07-14-2015 10:19 PM


Tags
audio, aux, bluetooth

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 PM.


All content Copyright 2012 by Internet Brands, Inc.