Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Better Bluetooth Streaming

Old 04-23-2015, 09:30 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 bmw 530i

Originally Posted by quanger
Which PC Board is that? you need to be more specific to where is that board come from.
From the AUX module.

http://imgur.com/VDHR7YX

Last edited by wises; 04-23-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2005

wise - where are you located? If you're in North CA around the San Jose area, myself or quanger can help you out in person.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:08 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Boost7
wise - where are you located? If you're in North CA around the San Jose area, myself or quanger can help you out in person.
Chill! I work in Palo Alto. I can come to you... Or vice versa...
Old 04-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

After much searching and reading. I have decided to try out AirPlay. I got myself a Sabrent Wifi Audio Receiver DLNA & AirPlay supported, off eBay for about $27. Sabrent has a usb for power and a 3.5 stereo jack connection.

Pros: better music streaming, no distortion or whatsoever. Probably because the music is non compressed as oppose to Bluetooth compressed.

Cons: Bluetooth connection is as soon as I have my ignition on. But to AirPlay, I have to wait for the Sabrent to power up, which is about 30-60 seconds. Then I have to take out my iPhone to transfer the connection to Sabrent. Been looking for way to set the AirPlay connection as default without success. Unless someone know something that I don't.

Conclusion: I do really enjoy the wireless connection. Whether Bluetooth or AirPlay. If you want a hassle free music connection, go Bluetooth. If you want the a better, uncompressed music, then AirPlay is a way to go.

Good luck modding.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by quanger
After much searching and reading. I have decided to try out AirPlay. I got myself a Sabrent Wifi Audio Receiver DLNA & AirPlay supported, off eBay for about $27. Sabrent has a usb for power and a 3.5 stereo jack connection.

Pros: better music streaming, no distortion or whatsoever. Probably because the music is non compressed as oppose to Bluetooth compressed.

Cons: Bluetooth connection is as soon as I have my ignition on. But to AirPlay, I have to wait for the Sabrent to power up, which is about 30-60 seconds. Then I have to take out my iPhone to transfer the connection to Sabrent. Been looking for way to set the AirPlay connection as default without success. Unless someone know something that I don't.

Conclusion: I do really enjoy the wireless connection. Whether Bluetooth or AirPlay. If you want a hassle free music connection, go Bluetooth. If you want the a better, uncompressed music, then AirPlay is a way to go.

Good luck modding.
Thanks for the info! I really do appreciate you two offering your help to meet up. Maybe I can tackle this project before we meet up.

So in my previous post I've attached photos of where I took apart the PCB which was from the AUX module. If you guys have done this before would you mind pointing me in the right direction as far as where I need to solder the left, right and ground?

Name:  nJHhspk.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  617.4 KB
Name:  U5GzDTJ.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  352.9 KB
Name:  JP5qPAr.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  153.7 KB

Last edited by wises; 04-26-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:03 AM
New Members

Model Year: 2010

Can't seem to view your pics

Edited: If you are asking about this picture. http://imgur.com/VDHR7YX (that you posted). Yellow & Black are the positive. The 3rd wire is ground. Trace that back to your board and solder from there.

Last edited by myxyzxo; 04-26-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530Xi
Model Year: 2006

I didn't use that, I made my own. But for sure, that is NOT the Bluetooth module. It's just the 3.5 stereo jack adapter. And for the wires, you have to use a meter to find out which wire is which.
All I can tell you is that:
Pin1/4 is ground.
Pin2 is a left channel
Pin3 is right channel
BUT DOUBLE CHECK ON THAT, I could be wrong.

Last edited by quanger; 04-26-2015 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 09:49 PM
New Members

My Ride: '98 Lexus GS300 Prev Ride: '07: 550i

I wish I would have made a note of which one is which.

But if you're using the Sure board, you can wire up the two RCA connectors to the car wiring and disregard which is left and which is right side audio. When you plug the RCA's into the Sure board, if the sides are backwards, switch the cables.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:33 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by insyder
I wish I would have made a note of which one is which.

But if you're using the Sure board, you can wire up the two RCA connectors to the car wiring and disregard which is left and which is right side audio. When you plug the RCA's into the Sure board, if the sides are backwards, switch the cables.
Awesome! I am using the sure board, thanks!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:28 AM
Members
Senior Members

Model Year: 2005

I helped another friend installed it into his 08' 535i, but I don't remember exactly which wire went where, as I traced it with a volt meter. I solder the wires directly to the aux cable, not the board. Having the right tools helps tremendously.

If you still can't get it install, I'll be able to help you out, but it has to be after work (8pm) or on the weekends.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Better Bluetooth Streaming