Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

2004 525 Bottom line on Phones

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Members

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 530i base, blue with saddle leather
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

browellm -- Funny image: socks, sandwich board and hat.

Sometimes its trolling (a challenging statement eliciting an angry response); sometimes it's ignorance about how to COMMUNICATE in EMAILS so others can read them appropriately; sometimes it's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder....they move from Board to Board.

A response is wasted.

Anyway, as to the phone issue: nice to hear it works well for some. I'll look forward to seeing operating Bluetooth introduced here in the US, since laws restricting the use of hand-held cellphones are proliferating.

Also, in my part of suburbia, it's a joke between my wife and I to count the housewives in very large SUV's talking on their cellphones as they swing their Chevy Suburbans around corners one-handed.

Which Motorola phone, STL545?

Best to all-
Old 02-09-2004, 05:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motorola V60i or CPT 9000.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 PM
HonestAbe

Originally Posted by STL545' date='Feb 9 2004, 05:24 PM
Bottomline

You can integrate a cellphone with hands free operation in the E60 in the US. It is a Motorola phone and it works quite well.

Bluetooth is another matter.

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about!!!!
More towing of the BMW "bottomline" I see !

You dont have this CPT9000 optio do you ? You've just read several posts on the issue and have become an avowed expert haven't you ? It just doesn't work right now. I have spoken with several dealerships that have installed eject box and cradle assemblies and hooked up to the external antenna. Guess what happens ....... no integration with iDrive as promised, and inexplicable telephone dysfunction. They have told me that BMW is going back to the drawing board on this one.

Are you related to Brownnosem ? I see the Neville Chamberlain crowd is alive and well in jolly old england, this time appeasing a different german interest !
Old 02-10-2004, 12:25 AM

Honestabe,

It's insular idiots like you that give Americans an unfair bad name across the rest of the world. The rest of the people on this board are offering genuine opinions and not banging on about the car being useless because Bluetooth doesn't work. We are not BMW. Take your lame whining to them buddy as they are the people to solve your issue - NOT US! As for your Neville Chamberlain garbage that is just plain offensive. Who immediately stood by your gung-ho president in Iraq? That's right - US BRITS!

If you want to be immature go and do it on Roadfly or Bimmerfest along with the rest of the whining minority in the US. Leave this board for civilised grown ups.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:33 AM
Members

Honest Abe -

You really are an idiot.

One of my partners got his 545 three weeks ago and has the phone installed and working. My 545 is due at the dealer in a couple of weeks. The dealer ordered two eject boxes so that both cars could be phone enabled at delivery.

I talked to my partner yesterday who is delighted with how the phone integrates with the I drive and the VR module.

I am looking forward to using my phone as soon as my car is delivered.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Members

HonestAbe, as a fellow American you truly do give meaning to the phrase "Ugly American". Do you seriously expect anyone on this board to give credence to anything you write after all of your lunatic ramblings? As someone above suggested, take your complaints to Munich, people on this board are Bimmer owners just trying to help each other out.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:32 PM
Members

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
My Ride: 530i base, blue with saddle leather
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

The only way to handle an HonestAbe type is to ignore him, no matter how irritating he is.

He will smile and respond to any answer you give him in such a way as to incite another response. it's what he does, and he'll keep doing it. Further, he'll last longer than you because that's all he does.

As an American, I'll say he's just another lunatic who moves to a Board until he's ignored.

In particular, ignore his xenophobic ranting. It's just ranting.

Regards--
Old 02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
HonestAbe

Originally Posted by stl545' date='Feb 10 2004, 07:33 AM
Honest Abe -

You really are an idiot.

One of my partners got his 545 three weeks ago and has the phone installed and working. My 545 is due at the dealer in a couple of weeks. The dealer ordered two eject boxes so that both cars could be phone enabled at delivery.

I talked to my partner yesterday who is delighted with how the phone integrates with the I drive and the VR module.

I am looking forward to using my phone as soon as my car is delivered.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice
to deceive
</span>

Sure dont have to be Columbo to see the falacies woven in your post !

Your 545 is coming in a couple weeks so your dealer orders TWO eject assemblies so that BOTH CARS could be enabled at delivery, eh ? I guess you are buying two 545's then ? Yea right, sure, you bet !

Or maybe your "friend" really doesn't have a functional phone, and HOPES to have one by the time your car arrives.

The thing doesn't work correctly in the USA, and BMW has had to actually change the eject box mid-production given all these problems.

What some BMW apologists will do to feel good about their vehicles .....
Old 02-11-2004, 07:17 AM
Members

Gents,
I use that greeting as I assume all here are??!! Like someone rightly said, we are just enthusiasts trying to help ourselves. If anyone has a bone to pick ... then the 4 cylinder office complex in Germany is not too far away!!! We are not here to squabble over what we cannot change ... or are we? So let's leave out the nit picking and post constructive ideas for the benefit of all. Otherwise, the Roadfly Forum is always welcoming to such disgruntled elements.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

My dealer told me that my 545I, to be delivered in 2 weeks, will have the hardware for blue tooth phones but the software update will make it work April or may.