E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.
Thumbs down

Trasm malufunction with a scroll of AWD, DSC,ABS and EMERG EBV under it came up on my Idrive screen tonight. It came on a block from my house so I drove home pulled in the driveway and shut the car off. I started it 30 minutes later all was gone and a new message Service Engine soon came up. I shut the car off and started it again about 1 1/2 hours later and all is on the idrive screen again. The car has been running great and still is so I'm a bit confused to why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone on here? Also the car was on an incline for 8 hours at my job and it rained hard all day. Could water gotten into something that caused this? I know that might sound stupid but at this point I'll ask and take the responses,lol....

Please help me out if you can,lol... Thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

I had this happen last November The culprit was a faulty alternator and they replaced it under warranty. It was one hell of an weird feeling when error after error starts popping up on the idrive and instrument cluster The car went into limp home mode and I had to drive 10 miles going 35 miles an hour. Just take it in to the Dealer and they will take care of it.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Jil - Take your car to Habberstad. Ask for Tom in Service. Tell him we are good friends. He'll take great care of you, even if you didn't buy the car from them.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Battery or alternator problem...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=70304

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;mode=linear
Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ***SOLD*** 2006 530xi Sapphire Metallic Black with Auburn Dakota Leather Sport Seats, Dark Poplar Wood Trim,Cold, Premium,Premium Sound,Sport Package Steptronic,Active Cruise Control Comfort access, Comfort Seats, Front and Rear Heated seats Adaptive Headlights, Idrive, Navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius Radio, Ipod Interface ACS roof, ACS trunk spoiler, front ACS bumper spoiler with carbon fiber lip and carbon pillars. 20% tints all around. 19' Bremmer rims.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='916559' date='Jun 19 2009, 12:53 AM
Jil - Take your car to Habberstad. Ask for Tom in Service. Tell him we are good friends. He'll take great care of you, even if you didn't buy the car from them.

Thanks C...
I'm working from home today on the south shore.. I'm going to go out and start it to see what happens. If all the codes come up again I'll call Habberstad to see if Tom is working Monday. Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Brit_in_NJ' post='916600' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:29 AM

Thanks I'll check those links out.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Senior Members

Ok I just started the car after letting it sit overnight... The Idrive Said "All Systems good" the cluster has "Service Engine soon" I drove three blocks after 5 minutes of driving the car wouldn't go over 40 miles and the the "Transm malfunction, AWD DSC, ABS and EMERG EBV came up again. I'm out of warrantee so I'm going to call my SA to see if they have an idea what this could be and cost wise.

Also one last thing I had the car inspected a few days ago when they plug the car on the system wouldn't something come up saying there are issue?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='916969' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:36 AM
Ok I just started the car after letting it sit overnight... The Idrive Said "All Systems good" the cluster has "Service Engine soon" I drove three blocks after 5 minutes of driving the car wouldn't go over 40 miles and the the "Transm malfunction, AWD DSC, ABS and EMERG EBV came up again. I'm out of warrantee so I'm going to call my SA to see if they have an idea what this could be and cost wise.

Also one last thing I had the car inspected a few days ago when they plug the car on the system wouldn't something come up saying there are issue?
If you have a battery charger I'd say leave it charging overnight and see what happens. If it quickly resorts back to the same errors I think its a bad battery, get a voltmeter to check the battery voltage. If it takes some time before they come back it it more likely a bad alternator. If the alternator is totally dead you will quickly get to the point where the car will not start at all.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gildagjg' post='916399' date='Jun 18 2009, 10:45 PM
Trasm malufunction with a scroll of AWD, DSC,ABS and EMERG EBV under it came up on my Idrive screen tonight. It came on a block from my house so I drove home pulled in the driveway and shut the car off. I started it 30 minutes later all was gone and a new message Service Engine soon came up. I shut the car off and started it again about 1 1/2 hours later and all is on the idrive screen again. The car has been running great and still is so I'm a bit confused to why this is happening.

Has this happened to anyone on here? Also the car was on an incline for 8 hours at my job and it rained hard all day. Could water gotten into something that caused this? I know that might sound stupid but at this point I'll ask and take the responses,lol....

Please help me out if you can,lol... Thanks

Did you check the battery compartment? possible its flooded...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ponnu' post='916984' date='Jun 19 2009, 11:51 AM
Did you check the battery compartment? possible its flooded...
A Picture is worth 1000 words!

Advice for capturing transient warnings that pop up on iDrive etc -

If you have a camera phone (and aren't most of them!) - take a picture!!

Some of the warnings and alerts are not retained in the computer memories of the car. The pics have been especially helpful when needing to "convince" a service writer that something actually occurred.

Quick Reply: HELP!! MULTIPLE MESSAGES ON IDRIVE "TRASM MALFUNCTION&quo