Go Back   5Series.net - Forums > E60 5 Series (2004 - 2010) > Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #1
Members

i cant seem to connect my phone

can anyone help.

E64 , nokia 6300 with bt phone in the cradle

if i enable bluetooth, search for the phone and the car they find each other and my phone comes up on the list of devices. but thats as far as it goes , i think the next thing on the idrive is that its looking for a connection.

anyone know whats happening ?? or if i'm doing something wrong. surely if they pair with each other shouldnt they then connect ??
mpc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
Senior Members

I was having some problems too. When the display recognizes the phone, instead of pressing the iDrive controller down to accept, try moving it down to the 6 o'clock position. For some reason, that worked for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayarras View Post
I was having some problems too. When the display recognizes the phone, instead of pressing the iDrive controller down to accept, try moving it down to the 6 o'clock position. For some reason, that worked for me.

cheers mate will go have a play when the wife gets back
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
Members

Quote:

cheers mate will go have a play when the wife gets back
Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
Senior Members

Did that work? Seems someone else is having the same type of problem: http://forums.5series.net/topic/1060...ith-nokia-e52/
Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
Members

Quote:
Did that work? Seems someone else is having the same type of problem: http://forums.5series.net/topic/1060...ith-nokia-e52/

in a word .. no .
when i have entered the password on phone it then asks for the password on idrive. i move down to 6oclock so it highlights confirm password and then clik it. it then says (straight away) something like (paired , please wait for connection) or something along those lines. but it dont connect.
could it be something to do with the bt phone in the cradle in the armrest ? helllllp !!! i'm pulling my hair out here
Old 11-04-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Senior Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc1971 View Post
in a word .. no .
when i have entered the password on phone it then asks for the password on idrive. i move down to 6oclock so it highlights confirm password and then clik it. it then says (straight away) something like (paired , please wait for connection) or something along those lines. but it dont connect.
could it be something to do with the bt phone in the cradle in the armrest ? helllllp !!! i'm pulling my hair out here
Sounds like you're almost there. Try disabling ALL bluetooth devices and go through the routine again.

I once had a BMW loaner car that I paired my phone with after having done the same thing with my own car. After I got my car back, the connection no longer worked, so I had to pair all over again.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
Members

Quote:
Sounds like you're almost there. Try disabling ALL bluetooth devices and go through the routine again.

I once had a BMW loaner car that I paired my phone with after having done the same thing with my own car. After I got my car back, the connection no longer worked, so I had to pair all over again.
cheers for all your help mate, but

still a no, tried my phone and the wifes. it pairs both phones , but after you confirm passkey. it just says looking for a connection ?? and thats as far as it goes

cheers
Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
Contributors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc1971 View Post
i cant seem to connect my phone

can anyone help.

E64 , nokia 6300 with bt phone in the cradle

if i enable bluetooth, search for the phone and the car they find each other and my phone comes up on the list of devices. but thats as far as it goes , i think the next thing on the idrive is that its looking for a connection.

anyone know whats happening ?? or if i'm doing something wrong. surely if they pair with each other shouldnt they then connect ??
Are you trying to pair your phone once it's in the cradle? If I'm not mistaken, when connected to the car via cradle, BT isn't necessary and may actually be 'blocked'? Try to BT your Nokia without snapping it in the phone cradle. Just t thought !?!

Current
  • 2013 535xDrive
  • 1998 Z3 2.8
  • 2007 Rav4 V-6 AWD
Past
  • 2007 530xi
  • 2001 740i
  • 1998 740i
  • 1994 740i
  • 1986 524TD

Sign up for free at MR REBATES & Earn Cash Rebates when you shop on line at TireRack and other stores and websites!

"Seek and ye shall find" ... start with your owner's manual!
luigi524td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi524td View Post
Are you trying to pair your phone once it's in the cradle? If I'm not mistaken, when connected to the car via cradle, BT isn't necessary and may actually be 'blocked'? Try to BT your Nokia without snapping it in the phone cradle. Just t thought !?!

sorry i probably wasn't very clear.

the standard bt phone sits in the cradle. the cradle isnt for the nokia, i can put my sim in the bt phone and that works /pairs and connects no problem. but the problem is with my nokia 6700. it pairs with the car but then once you confirm passkey to pair them , i just get the "waiting for connection" notice.

cheers
Old 11-05-2010, 09:36 AM