Vendors Image Gallery A place for our vendors to show of the incredible work they do!

Predator ICE

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you still going to try to make them brighter?

I know if I would have paid early, I would want them now. However, I did not thinking you might come out with something a little better.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Redstradic' post='323689' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:06 PM
Are you still going to try to make them brighter?

I know if I would have paid early, I would want them now. However, I did not thinking you might come out with something a little better.
Well, we'll go ahead with this now? or wait?

Most people are saying GO and then get a new Version 2 later on that is brighter.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Hamann roof/trunk spoiler Savini Forged 3-piece SV4 22' wheels M6 Sideskirts/Mirrors/Headlights 12000k Xenon

Yes go ahead and ship them now. We will buy the upgraded product if it is that much better anyways!
Old 08-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black on Black

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='323698' date='Aug 17 2006, 12:27 PM

Most people are saying GO and then get a new Version 2 later on that is brighter.
umnitza, please ship now, when the newer version comes out, if we want to upgrade we will.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='323678' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:26 PM
So are these going to be available in different colors (red, blue, yellow/orange) or is it just going to be bright white?
Umnitza,

You're trying to avoid reply this question, aren't you?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Originally Posted by my530i' post='323825' date='Aug 17 2006, 07:00 PM
Umnitza,

Old 08-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='323273' date='Aug 16 2006, 03:32 PM
<div align="CENTER">Predator ICE? PRODUCT UPDATE</div>

Exciting Developments
New prototype - see pictures below - works round the clock with no failures.
New protoype is still 3X brighter than the PIAA
New prototype is exactly as bright as the nearest $350 competitor
New prototype has an encapsulated projector that aims the lights of the LED more accurately.
New prototype fits with NO EFFORT and is COMPLETELY PLUG AND PLAY with no modifications.
New prototype builds on the notion that you can install it to run like stock (via the parking light switch) or set it as DRL enabled.

Challenges to Overcome
The color is not what I wanted, it's 5000K, we're shooting for 6000K or 7000K for a more pure white look with no hints of blue- this is relatively minor and does not affect the delivery of the product.

The brightness that we're aiming for is 1.2 to 1.3X brighter than what we have now. That means, we're shooting for 30% more output. Our dilemma is that if we shoot for more output, the cost of the product will not change, but the design changes in 3 key ways:
1) we have to use an external heat sink as the brighter LED runs much hotter and over runs the existing setup.
2) it will delay the production of the units by one month
3) It will not be as elegant a design.

So, we have to ask the customers that have both already paid for this and those that are interested in getting them, what do you want us to do? Do you want us to go ahead and make this one? Or do you want us to make a technologically better product but delay production...

We'll wait to get a conglomeration of thoughts by the end of this Sunday and provide a summary to our factory...

Please go for what you have design so far.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='323698' date='Aug 17 2006, 03:27 PM

Yes, go ahead with the current version now. No waiting please.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='323825' date='Aug 17 2006, 07:00 PM
Umnitza,

I think he is definitely avoiding it.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Redshift
So if

now = 3 x brighter than PIAA

and your goal is 1.2 to 1.3x as bright, does that mean

future = 4-5 x brighter than PIAA

?
We're looking for 3.5X of PIAA

Originally Posted by Ken21
3) It will not be as elegant a design.

what this mean ?? from the pics that you've post....i guess i am pretty happy with it already ....i just don't like them to be too bright like those DDE...to me they are just too rice

so i am good from what you've got now
See the comments below - it will be an external heat sink to help dissipate heat better and run higher LED Wattage.

Originally Posted by TimeOut
How do you set it as DRL enabled? Does it require a separate wiring?
We've not shown it, but we'll sell an optional wiring harness as we do with ALL our products that enables you to plug these ICE "capsules" and have 2 wires that can be triggered like our existing products - DRL/Switch/Fogs/Etc.

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
The release delay is a non issue for me, I only have 2 concerns which you can probably address.

While brighter is better to most, I would say that its good up to a point. I wouldn't want them to be so bright that they become ricey/garish looking, and stand out in a bad way. I know looks are a totally subjective thing, but since only you can see things firsthand, and can compare the 2 setups to each other, & the competition, I think you would make the best judge of that.

I also dont want to sacrifice a clean plug & play install, or risk burning, melting, or compromising the life of anything by these changes if thats now an issue.

If in your opinion neither of these is an issue with these chnages, I would say go for it. Looking forward to your response. :thumbup:
Noted! Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by horangi
can we see a picture of how the lights would look in the angel eyes vs standalone? that would probably give us a better idea of what it would actually look like, and we can judge from there.

personally, i wouldnt want to sacrifice the plug n play installation, and the brightness looks fine. I am more concerned with color vs. brightness (dont like blue tint).

that said, i am fine with design as is as long as you can get color to 6000k
Not sure if I understand your first question. I agreed 100% with your second paragraph, and agree with your color choice, that is what we are looking to do.

Originally Posted by JoeBimmmer
Same here. Like it is now is fine w/ me. No external heat sinks. Just PnP.
GOTCHA!!!

Originally Posted by roadwarrior687
A few weeks ago I put in my CC info and I am a paid customer. This is what I'm looking for;

1. Ability to run AEs as DRLs. Brightness does not have to be crazy, enough to serve this prupose close enough.

2. Plug and Play as close as possible. I'm somehwere between a mechanical idiot with some wrenching ability. I want something that won't give me a headache to install. I wouldn't want to have to splice anything.

3. Durabilty! I want to be able to install this thing and not have to every worry about it again. Until the bulbs go.

4. Pure white light, no color or blue tint.

THANKS!
1> Righto - see optional harness response above.
2> Ditto - see optional hanress response above.
3> We ran it for 24 hours straight, not one issue, we'll be running it again 2 more 24 hour straight runs to see if we can break the new prototype or even melt it. It seems to reach a steady operating temp at 4 minutes and doesn't deviate from there.
4> Right - 6000K it is.

Originally Posted by likev
Color temp of 6500k and brighter than OEM is all I'm looking for. Hopefully it'll come soon.
Kelving = Color NOT Brightness. www.umnitza.com - go to "TUTORIALS" in the Help Section for more insight.

Originally Posted by Redshift
I'd have to say I'm mostly with the others. I bought two sets so my opinion counts twice as much (LOL, j/k!).

I want white - not purple or blue at all - but white like the headlights. I'd like them to be visible even with the headlights on but they do not have to be as bright as the sun. I prefer plug and play and most definitely want DRL capability.
6000K is the white, not purple. No blue. We want them to be nearly as bright as the Chromium we sell.

Originally Posted by samps
I've paid and am waiting for delivery of this product.

IMO, the color temp looks good. Aren't the OEM 4500K?

I don't think one more month of waiting is a big deal, however, I don't really like the idea of an external heat sink. I'm sure this would cause more problems.

The fact that this is completely plug and play is a huge upside.

The color temp now I can live with.

That's my 2c.
OEM = 4300K for HID
OEM = 3000K for angel eyes

External heat sink comments noted, we're going ahead with this design it looks like for Version 1 and beginning elegant designs for the "new and improved version" for Version 2 later down the road - which will likely be much much brighter. Think of it as "iPod Mini and iPod"

Originally Posted by likev
I think OEM is somewhere around 3000-3500k I think. If OEM Angel Eyes was 4500k then it would be about the same color temp as the OEM HID which is around 4200k I believe.
OE angel eyes - see above.

Originally Posted by ShawnB
I am hoping to get a set of these eventually.

Highest priority:

- Same color as OEM Headlights
- Plug-Play-Forget

Lower Priority

- More Brightness
Highest priorities already done.
Lowest priority is what we are looking for.

Originally Posted by Vortec4800
I think 6000K or 6500K is starting to get too high, I would rather see it be around 5000K, which would be closer to the OEM xenons. I wonder if you could offer the product with different color temp LED's inside for people who have different color xenons?

Another product I would like to see would be a set of these that light up the same color as the stock AE, around 3000K - 3500K or so. I like the color of my stock Hella AE's but they are not bright enough. I think the halogen light color contrasts well with the xenon, and makes them stand out more.
First Paragraph - will be an option after the first run. First run will have the same color LED> We'll see if the first run can include a mix and match today.

Second paragraph - not an option. We will not be offereing them in 3000K at all. When we offered 3000K for the Chromiums - which are brighter - we've had 10 out of 500 purchase the 3000K. So we will not be offering this product option.

[quote name='samps;1871812]Yes' date=' that's what I was getting at. OEM HID is around 4300K (not the OE AE's, sorry), so if they are currently at 5000K, I think that would be better than 6000-6500K.[/QUOTE']
Agreed and understood.

Hope that helped!:thumbup:

Quick Reply: Predator ICE