Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

RPi Exhaust for 525i/530i Pre Order ***SPECIAL***

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

I wonder how PTL and pjinca would feel if this was their money OR if it was someone other than Trinity?

I work retail and deal with phone orders quite a bit. I would never offer to sell something I didn't have available for delivery right then. I don't care what kind of deal I was offering. Damn the economy. WTF kind of rationalization is that?

I am getting more pissed by the comments that members are making than I am by the fact that I am having to wait.

Joe,
I am not that upset with you guys other than the delay. I have bought other things from you and I'm sure I will again. If I get enough commission this season I still want in on that RD spoiler deal.

I'm done with this thread.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by SBrown712' post='1072971' date='Dec 13 2009, 12:57 PM
I wonder how PTL and pjinca would feel if this was their money OR if it was someone other than Trinity?

I work retail and deal with phone orders quite a bit. I would never offer to sell something I didn't have available for delivery right then. I don't care what kind of deal I was offering. Damn the economy. WTF kind of rationalization is that?

I am getting more pissed by the comments that members are making than I am by the fact that I am having to wait.

Joe,
I am not that upset with you guys other than the delay. I have bought other things from you and I'm sure I will again. If I get enough commission this season I still want in on that RD spoiler deal.

I can't answer for PTL, but this is called a "PRE Order special" which to me means the parts are not in stock but that the parts have a special price in anticipation of stock arrival. Again, like you said, in this economy would it be fair to expect Trinity to tie up loads of cash in the "hopes" that a large number of people would buy the exhausts? In this admittedly tough economy? Around the holidays? This is a great deal that I have to unfortunately pass up BECAUSE I have a lot of people to take care of around the holidays. If I had the available cash I would've jumped on this like you guys did, but I know the guys at Trinity, they will absolutely do their best to satisfy a customer, so if they say they will deliver they will period.
Granted if this was another vendor I may or may not be that patient, depending, but the fact that I know the guys at Trinity personally means I would cut them some slack and encourage others to do so. They are stand up guys who take care of their customers, hell Weezy is about the nicest guy you're ever likely to meet.
Let me relate a story: The first products I bought from Trinity were the RPI scoop. I played phone tag with Joe a few times and then one Saturday I called him, he was busy planning his wedding but he said we could meet the next day Sunday. I was there at the agreed time and shortly Joe showed up. He told me he left church with his fiance, continuing to plan their wedding, early so that he could come and make our appointment. Now if that's not good customer service I don;t know what is. Taking time out of his busy schedule on a Sunday just to come and take care of me? Yeah, I'll be a Trinity customer for a long time to come (or until I pay for Weezy's school ) Oh, and Joe also installed it that same day too.
Oh, and when I got my bumper and sides done? Guess what - Weezy showed up during the install just to make sure everything went smoothly.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SBrown712' post='1072971' date='Dec 13 2009, 12:57 PM

Joe,

Being that its a PRE ORDER SPECIAL, I would treat it the same way regardless if it was my money and the seller.

Like I stated, as long as I was in the loop of what was going on and it was from a good vendor, i really wouldnt sweat the small stuff.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1073025' date='Dec 13 2009, 07:18 PM
Being that its a PRE ORDER SPECIAL, I would treat it the same way regardless if it was my money and the seller.

Like I stated, as long as I was in the loop of what was going on and it was from a good vendor, i really wouldnt sweat the small stuff.
Again, I'm not "sweatin'" on the delay. I have the necessary updates and explanation to keep me content. I'm just not in agreement on some members' POVs. I'm a Canadian born Chinese living in one of the most "I'll do it tomorrow" kind of attitude city in the world where everyone is so laid back and nonchalant (don't blame our weed). That's fine, but ever since immigrating to Canada from Asia, the biggest difference I found was this "I'll do it tomorrow" kind of mentality. And I hate it. Project managers or a manager of some sort can relate to this. Deadlines need to be met. Period. No if ands or buts. We don't deal with excuses. We deal with results and solutions. For ever action there is a reaction; all the way down the company food chain.

That being said, comments about using the the economy and reputation as justification is as much of a low blow and is just as insulting as Rick Wagoner and his pals flying in on private jets to ask congress for some spare change just because they can't run their own companies. As Russell Peters would say, "Let me finance your plan for you!"
Old 12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mr_Jihen' post='1073062' date='Dec 13 2009, 04:26 PM
Again, I'm not "sweatin'" on the delay. I have the necessary updates and explanation to keep me content. I'm just not in agreement on some members' POVs. I'm a Canadian born Chinese living in one of the most "I'll do it tomorrow" kind of attitude city in the world where everyone is so laid back and nonchalant (don't blame our weed). That's fine, but ever since immigrating to Canada from Asia, the biggest difference I found was this "I'll do it tomorrow" kind of mentality. And I hate it. Project managers or a manager of some sort can relate to this. Deadlines need to be met. Period. No if ands or buts. We don't deal with excuses. We deal with results and solutions. For ever action there is a reaction; all the way down the company food chain.

That being said, comments about using the the economy and reputation as justification is as much of a low blow and is just as insulting as Rick Wagoner and his pals flying in on private jets to ask congress for some spare change just because they can't run their own companies. As Russell Peters would say, "Let me finance your plan for you!"

Agreed, I am a PMP (certified project manager) and in the case of a project I accept nothing less than results. That said, this was a Pre Order Special, meaning the parts were not in stock and they were going to be ordered on an "as needed" basis. Trinity is all about results, we (meaning PTL and I among others here) do rush to defend known, trusted, honest, and helpful vendors here. They will find a way to exceed your expectations.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1073092' date='Dec 13 2009, 08:16 PM
Agreed, I am a PMP (certified project manager) and in the case of a project I accept nothing less than results. That said, this was a Pre Order Special, meaning the parts were not in stock and they were going to be ordered on an "as needed" basis. Trinity is all about results, we (meaning PTL and I among others here) do rush to defend known, trusted, honest, and helpful vendors here. They will find a way to exceed your expectations.
The pre-order shipment title on this tread is irrelevant. The fact is that shipment was firmly scheduled, then pending/delayed and then had a rescheduled delivery. So with that said, you can understand why some of us are peeved. Other than that, yeah, it happens. No one's fault (UPS' )
Old 12-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mr_Jihen' post='1073108' date='Dec 13 2009, 05:57 PM
The pre-order shipment title on this tread is irrelevant. The fact is that shipment was firmly scheduled, then pending/delayed and then had a rescheduled delivery. So with that said, you can understand why some of us are peeved. Other than that, yeah, it happens. No one's fault (UPS' )
Agreed, not arguing with you or the other members that ordered the exhaust. Things happen and you guys have every right to vent. There are select number of vendors here that I know personally (Trinity, Acute Performance, RPI) or dealt with (AKAlius) and they are all great people as well as vendors that truly take their customers' concerns to heart. One of the reasons I enjoy this forum so much is the quality of the vendors we have here, they are really good.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Senior Members

fact of the matter......"it is what it is". at first i had no expectations knowing that it was a pre-order special. i kinda thought it would be a month or two before i received it. but then Joe sent out all the tracking #'s and i got excitied. so even though it will only take a few more days......think of it this way....."it could have taken longer to make at RPI's factory.

and also Joe said he would make it up to us.....In my opinion - great job in stepping up to the plate Trinity even though this is clearing not 100% your fault.

p.s. can't wait for the exhaust.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jay bimma' post='1073163' date='Dec 13 2009, 07:19 PM
fact of the matter......"it is what it is". at first i had no expectations knowing that it was a pre-order special. i kinda thought it would be a month or two before i received it. but then Joe sent out all the tracking #'s and i got excitied. so even though it will only take a few more days......think of it this way....."it could have taken longer to make at RPI's factory.

and also Joe said he would make it up to us.....In my opinion - great job in stepping up to the plate Trinity even though this is clearing not 100% your fault.

p.s. can't wait for the exhaust.
(can't wait for mine either, but I have to, got to play Santa this year and give everyone gifts)
Old 12-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Senior Members

installed mine today.........personally i think it sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pics are up on another thread.

Quick Reply: RPi Exhaust for 525i/530i Pre Order ***SPECIAL***