Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

congrats! stop by saturday. We will make your car look nice! Send me a PM so I can put u down for an appointment.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That kind of relay sold by John can be found on ebay H8 RELAY HARNESS (in order to install properly HID angel eyes without coding via NCS).
And,secondly you will need a HID H8 KIT 35W for a modest price about 30$ H8 35W 6000K HID KITfound also on ebay.
I spent 35$ to install my HID angel eyes (bought a simple non Canbus HID H8 35W 6000K kit and a relay - that's all you need). You don't need canbus system because there's no error on BC.
Why spend so much money for John kit because he don't make anything just buy the kit and the relay from ebay(China) and sell to you excesive overpriced.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Members

230$ compare to 35$ - 6.5x times more expensive.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

Originally Posted by bmw_deutsch
That kind of relay sold by John can be found on ebay H8 RELAY HARNESS (in order to install properly HID angel eyes without coding via NCS).
And,secondly you will need a HID H8 KIT 35W for a modest price about 30$ H8 35W 6000K HID KITfound also on ebay.
I spent 35$ to install my HID angel eyes (bought a simple non Canbus HID H8 35W 6000K kit and a relay - that's all you need). You don't need canbus system because there's no error on BC.
Why spend so much money for John kit because he don't make anything just buy the kit and the relay from ebay(China) and sell to you excesive overpriced.

Ouch...well someone was bound to say this at some point in time or another....

In Johns defense you must add TWO more things to the kit other than a relay harness to make it work 100% with no issues. If you don't, you'll have errors on your dash and a noisy relay. You gotta give the guy some credit for working out the kinks. It took me a good part of a week to figure it out.

IMO...Kits are for people who don't want to go through the hassle of piecing stuff together and splicing a million wires. For the rest of us...we'll make our own.

Just my two cents.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

230$ compare to 35$ - 6.5x times more expensive.
Ehhh, I am not sure what you're trying to stir. Sure there's a mark up, it's called business. If John puts together a straight forward kit, with explicit instructions to help people install it, it's his choice where he wants to set the pricing. The willingness of people paying sure indicate that people are fine with it. And honestly, a lot of members' time here is worth much more than $230 if they have to spend hours to figure out and piece things together. For many, it makes more sense to just take the hassle out of the equation, and buy something that's known to work.

At the end of the day, it's not just the cost of the product itself, it's also customer service, warranty, etc.

Hey, if you want to put together a kit and sell it to people for $35, more power to you.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Thanks for the support everyone! Yes you can purchase the H8 relay and wire it yourself.

I made the wiring myself with the proper capacitors to make everything functional. I solder it myself. It's not just a simple relay and wire it up and voila. I use two relays.

NEW PRICE by the way. $200 for the HID angel eye kit now. So now it's only 5.7 times more but comes with two voltage stabilizers, two relays, CANBUS HID ballasts, and two bulbs.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Ehhh, I am not sure what you're trying to stir. Sure there's a mark up, it's called business. If John puts together a straight forward kit, with explicit instructions to help people install it, it's his choice where he wants to set the pricing. The willingness of people paying sure indicate that people are fine with it. And honestly, a lot of members' time here is worth much more than $230 if they have to spend hours to figure out and piece things together. For many, it makes more sense to just take the hassle out of the equation, and buy something that's known to work.

At the end of the day, it's not just the cost of the product itself, it's also customer service, warranty, etc.

Hey, if you want to put together a kit and sell it to people for $35, more power to you.
100% agree with you bro i never get anything from John but he's a nice guy and I said this cause I read a lot on this forums and he help a lot of us when we need it!!
And of course he has business and have to make some money too!!
Old 07-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Members

I don't know what ballasts you use but you shouldn't get any error on BC.
I just used a simple ballast non canbus (the most cheap i found) and it works 100%.
Anyway , I am willing not to use anymore that relay. Just coding via NCS,the best way to get rid of all that wires.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

I don't know what ballasts you use but you shouldn't get any error on BC.
I just used a simple ballast non canbus (the most cheap i found) and it works 100%.
Anyway , I am willing not to use anymore that relay. Just coding via NCS,the best way to get rid of all that wires.
I didn't get errors because of the type of ballast's that I use. This portion of the kit is probably the most insignificant as you so well stated. I got errors because using a relay harness means that you no longer have anything plugged into your factory wire harness which will throw "Parking Light Malfunction" errors on your dash since you technically don't have any bulbs plugged in. Sure, you can code this out...but most people don't want to go through the hassle
Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Members

Does anyone have any pictures comparing this to the Lux V3?

Quick Reply: LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!