Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xi NAV, Cold Package.

I am really interested in a set. I have an 08 535xi with HID's. Will this melt any component internally, as mentioned above, the heat off the bulb is alot more intense than the factory bulb, by about 190 degrees difference, and as we know (or not) plastic melts at 160 degrees. So i want to make sure this has been properly tested before buying.

Has anyone had any wiring or light enclosure melting issues?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by karman
hey my girlfriend has a 2011 328i with halogen lights, i really want to put HID in the angel eyes. can you please direct me to how i can do that?
No HIDs for angel eyes. U can retrofit LEDs in there tho. PM me for info

Originally Posted by karl0z007
I am really interested in a set. I have an 08 535xi with HID's. Will this melt any component internally, as mentioned above, the heat off the bulb is alot more intense than the factory bulb, by about 190 degrees difference, and as we know (or not) plastic melts at 160 degrees. So i want to make sure this has been properly tested before buying.

It will not melt anything as HIDs run cooler than the factory halogens anyway andthe E60 headlights have excellent heat dissipation. It has been tested for over 2 years no problems.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by karman
hey my girlfriend has a 2011 328i with halogen lights, i really want to put HID in the angel eyes. can you please direct me to how i can do that?
No HIDs for angel eyes. U can retrofit LEDs in there tho. PM me for info

Originally Posted by karl0z007

It will not melt anything as HIDs run cooler than the factory halogens anyway andthe E60 headlights have excellent heat dissipation. It has been tested for over 2 years no problems.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

go with what john says...and youll NOT regeret it

Old 05-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 550i. Alpine white with M sport option 05 S4. Black on black.

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
Actually this is not entirely correct. Watts can be almost directly expressed as BTU which in terms of a light is heat. While a 100w halogen bulb will produce as much light as a 35w HID, the HID will run cooler however that?s not exactly a fair comparison.

A 35W halogen and 35W HID will produce nearly identical amounts of heat (~ 85deg c), however a 35W HID will produce nearly tipple the amount of light. So watt to watt, they run the same temperature, however lumens to lumens it takes less watts in an HID bulb to produce the same lumens so there is less heat.

In this case you're swapping a 35W halogen for 35W HID light, so the statement it runs cooler is not entirely correct. What you're getting is tripple the light for the same amount of heat. Given that BMW designed the housing for 35w halogen bulb, you are correct in saying a 35w HID bulb will be perfectly fine.

Regards,
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JimeE60
Actually this is not entirely correct. Watts can be almost directly expressed as BTU which in terms of a light is heat. While a 100w halogen bulb will produce as much light as a 35w HID, the HID will run cooler however that?s not exactly a fair comparison.

A 35W halogen and 35W HID will produce nearly identical amounts of heat (~ 85deg c), however a 35W HID will produce nearly tipple the amount of light. So watt to watt, they run the same temperature, however lumens to lumens it takes less watts in an HID bulb to produce the same lumens so there is less heat.

In this case you're swapping a 35W halogen for 35W HID light, so the statement it runs cooler is not entirely correct. What you're getting is tripple the light for the same amount of heat. Given that BMW designed the housing for 35w halogen bulb, you are correct in saying a 35w HID bulb will be perfectly fine.

Regards,
erfectly said. HIDs do run a little cooler though. Not enough to make a difference.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Members

What happens if you don't use the black box (canbus error warning canceller)? The light on parking lights (H8) will turn off automatically from ECU?
Another question : why do you use the relay?
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Banned

wouldnt turn off. there will be an error message.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
Members

I tried yesterday a simple HID kit of H8 6000K 35W and it doesn't light at all , just showing the error on BC.
I tested in neutral position "0" with "Daytime Running Lights" function activated (having 12V on multimeter , not ~4V when parking lights are on). I didn't use a CANBUS Warning Canceller (black box) nor a relay.
What could be the problem that it doesn't light on ?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

frate. rezolvarea e simpla...CUMPARA DE LA JOHN...i got the kit from him 2 years ago..and all up&running....BRIGHT

I THINK also u need to code your LM2 in order to have angel lights "on" as DRL..

good luck

Quick Reply: LCI HID Angel Eyes!!! 2008+ Models with Xenons Only!