Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535XI white
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='920616' date='Jun 23 2009, 12:22 AM
i need to try on a different vehicle and use other cables for 08white's car. P, dont worry, send me a text then I'll call u right after.

here's a diagram for the relays:

Attachment 82753
i upload some pictures in my album if you need them for DIY
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='920616' date='Jun 22 2009, 09:22 PM
i need to try on a different vehicle and use other cables for 08white's car. P, dont worry, send me a text then I'll call u right after.

here's a diagram for the relays:

Attachment 82753
nice, I think an important thing to note is the instruction to connect the battery LAST

***John, do you suggest disconnecting the battery (negative terminal) in the trunk, before install?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

John, did you use some apply a seal after you drilled a whole in the cover? You used a 25mm cutter right?

Old 06-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, tried installing my kit today...

no flickering, no strobing, because my AE's didn't even turn on. I tried with and without the relay. I was able to get the error messages to go away by playing with the clips that go into the OEM harness...but AE's wouldn't tuen on. I have contacted brabus and he's working on a solution as he is encountering some issues with an e60 local to him. Will keep you guys posted...

***On a side note, the install isn't that hard guys, just make sure to remove that black radiator/fan cover in the front middle of the engine bay. It gives you so much more room to maneuver....

piece #1, it's the same torx bolt for all 10 bolts you will need to loosen. Slide the cover up towards the front windshield once the bolts are removed, careful, the hood cable runs underneath this cover, so don't just yank it off....

***If you have the relay kit as well, the ring that attaches to the + terminal, the OEM bolt does not go thru that ring (of the relay). John said you don't have to put the bolt thru that ring, you can cut the ring and just attach the ring underneath the bolt (like a horseshoe)
Old 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

thanks for clearing that up gene. I am working on a solution to avoid the use of relays all together. The HID angel eyes is working on select cars. I guess BMW's wiring may differ vehicle to vehicle. If u lights do not turn on remember to try to switch the wiring going into the factory harness.

I actually hacked a 1 inch hole into it rather than drill. U dont have to apply any sealant if you dont want to since the rubber there itself already seals it.

Here's the worst case scenarios.
1) Send me back the HID kit and relay cables for a full refund. Since you will be paying shipping back and it costs a little under $10 for priority mail, I will give you a $10 credit for ANY future purchases.
2) Keep the H8 HID kit for use as fogs if you do not have HID fogs already. You can then mail me back the relays for a partial refund for the cost of the relays.

Tomorrow, there's going to be more trial and error since I ALMOST got it fully working today. It may be much simpler than going crazy with all the relays and much less wiring. If it still does not work, this will be the next project for the e60. I will have to do some crazy electrical engineering things like Bruce will be doing. LOL
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='921818' date='Jun 23 2009, 10:32 PM
thanks for clearing that up gene. I am working on a solution to avoid the use of relays all together. The HID angel eyes is working on select cars. I guess BMW's wiring may differ vehicle to vehicle. If u lights do not turn on remember to try to switch the wiring going into the factory harness.

I actually hacked a 1 inch hole into it rather than drill. U dont have to apply any sealant if you dont want to since the rubber there itself already seals it.

Here's the worst case scenarios.
1) Send me back the HID kit and relay cables for a full refund. Since you will be paying shipping back and it costs a little under $10 for priority mail, I will give you a $10 credit for ANY future purchases.
2) Keep the H8 HID kit for use as fogs if you do not have HID fogs already. You can then mail me back the relays for a partial refund for the cost of the relays.

Tomorrow, there's going to be more trial and error since I ALMOST got it fully working today. It may be much simpler than going crazy with all the relays and much less wiring. If it still does not work, this will be the next project for the e60. I will have to do some crazy electrical engineering things like Bruce will be doing. LOL
John - sadly, this is what i've heard from the other vendors whom i've purchased LCI AE's from in the past. i mean no disrespect nor am i trying to rub salt on the wound, but for some odd reason the e60 LCI AE's more complex than other models.

being a e60.net vendor, we will stick this out with you in hopes of you coming up with a solid solution for the LCI crowd.

keep us posted buddy.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Members

Yeah John same story here. The AE's won't even come on. I'll get back to you on what I wanna do at this point.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='921826
Yeah John same story here. The AE's won't even come on. I'll get back to you on what I wanna do at this point.
Phil, send me a PM or call me. I'll try one last thing on a car later today. Since the car is so complex, I'll do something a little more simple instead.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

John, I have decided to return the kit...I will wait to see if you come up with a definite solution and go from there...thanx for your quick responses

Gene
Old 06-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

The kit doesn't work for me either!!!!! Ok.. I'm joking. I don't even have a LCI 2008 car. blah! I hate all of you with LCI's!

Let's hope you can find a solution soon John.

Quick Reply: FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8