Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

thanks for the orders. i'll have someone take pictures while I install.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

those ballast looks huge! why dont' you use slim ballast?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='916663' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:02 AM
those ballast looks huge! why dont' you use slim ballast?
Most slim ballasts do not have error cancelling capabilities. There IS another kind of slim ballast that's tested and works but the cost is $40 more just because it's slimmer. To lower costs, these are the ballasts that will be used. We have enough room in the engine bay to mount these anyway so I didnt see a use for ballasts $40 more.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='916667' date='Jun 18 2009, 09:07 PM
Most slim ballasts do not have error cancelling capabilities. There IS another kind of slim ballast that's tested and works but the cost is $40 more just because it's slimmer. To lower costs, these are the ballasts that will be used. We have enough room in the engine bay to mount these anyway so I didnt see a use for ballasts $40 more.
I'm the one with the LCI '08 that had strobing issues off the H8 power lead for the AE. John suggested that I test it on one fog and it worked fine, no flickering at all. It was so bright that I saw a blue blob for about 2 minutes after I turned it off, so my relay cable is on the way. I'm not real worried about placing the ballasts, for the passenger side it slips nicely under the brake lines. Cannot wait to get it installed!!

Looks like the inner ring is brighter than the outer ring on those pics above?
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Will this become a problem/concern for upcoming traffic at night? Will the brightness just attract cop to pull you over?
I'm just wondering 'cuz the AE ring is not actually design for such high brightness and the beam may light up the wrong beam pattern.

Originally Posted by pdawg74' post='916762' date='Jun 19 2009, 03:28 AM
I'm the one with the LCI '08 that had strobing issues off the H8 power lead for the AE. John suggested that I test it on one fog and it worked fine, no flickering at all. It was so bright that I saw a blue blob for about 2 minutes after I turned it off, so my relay cable is on the way. I'm not real worried about placing the ballasts, for the passenger side it slips nicely under the brake lines. Cannot wait to get it installed!!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pdawg74' post='916762
Will this become a problem/concern for upcoming traffic at night? Will the brightness just attract cop to pull you over?
I'm just wondering 'cuz the AE ring is not actually design for such high brightness and the beam may light up the wrong beam pattern.
the brightness will not attract cops to pull u over. When ur factory xenons r on, it overtakes the lighting. The beam pattern is very normal since it's coming out of angel eye rings and not a non-projector housing so there isnt really a beam pattern.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='916854' date='Jun 19 2009, 04:54 AM
All LCI angel eyes have inner ring brighter than outer. Even with the GP thunders. Remember to zip tie the ballasts and/or use the mounting screws to mount them. U can mount the ballast right behind the headlight cover.
You got any pics? Also, I didn't time to test fit, but have you checked to see if you can still screw the LCI AE cover back over HID bulb? The connector comes straight out the back on the HID instead of an "L" shape like the stock setup. Looks like the wiring can be fished out the bottome of the LCI headlight housing if I remember correctly.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pdawg74' post='917281' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:30 PM
You got any pics? Also, I didn't time to test fit, but have you checked to see if you can still screw the LCI AE cover back over HID bulb? The connector comes straight out the back on the HID instead of an "L" shape like the stock setup. Looks like the wiring can be fished out the bottome of the LCI headlight housing if I remember correctly.
or you can cut a notch in the cover...just be sure not to cut the rubber seal/ring and just the plastic...
Old 06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='917287' date='Jun 19 2009, 04:33 PM
or you can cut a notch in the cover...just be sure not to cut the rubber seal/ring and just the plastic...
yup. I'll just drill a hole. Or u can be lazy and use duct tape to cover up the hole. j/k j/k. Take a 25mm cutter (about 1 inch hole) and drill the back cap.

BTW, DO NOT unplug the relay and then plug it back in the wrong direction. Once u see the cables, u'll see it.

Oh and if anyone wants to trade their LCI headlights for my pre-LCI headlights, please lemme know. I;ll throw in the LED angel eyes and the LED eyebrow mod i did.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pdawg74' post='916762' date='Jun 19 2009, 04:28 AM

Hey Philip,

I sent it priority mail for the relay cables instead of first class (which is what I usually send with light items) so you'll get it within 3 USPS business days.

Quick Reply: FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8