Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='913263' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:06 PM
Does ANYONE in NYC with an LCI e60 want HID angel eyes? Free installation. Please PM me for details.
We are planning to do a BBQ meet.....change it for all there.....
Old 06-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by khooger' post='913309' date='Jun 16 2009, 01:02 PM
We are planning to do a BBQ meet.....change it for all there.....
when and where? how many LCIs are interested? My god. I hope I wont be installing like 50 of them =P

QUICK EDIT: Just found out that over at e90post (which I will soon start to vend there, the HID AE kits for a GB, yes a group buy, is going for $250). It includes the relay cables and with my kit, $170 shipped including relay cables.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='913337' date='Jun 16 2009, 01:31 PM
when and where? how many LCIs are interested? My god. I hope I wont be installing like 50 of them =P

I don't see why not if you give a deal everybody canot afford to refuse!

QUICK EDIT: Just found out that over at e90post (which I will soon start to vend there, the HID AE kits for a GB, yes a group buy, is going for $250). It includes the relay cables and with my kit, $170 shipped including relay cables.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Good luck with the sale, John.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by theXman' post='913540' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:17 PM
Good luck with the sale, John.
thanks david. r u coming to the meet on 7.25?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Yes it is very rare to have two ballasts go bad. but it happend to me. in addition the harness i had--had a faulty ground. Talk about luck! I replaced the harness and then replaced the ballasts--everything is fine since then.

I would definitely use relay to be on the safe side. The HID use pretty much same current draw as H8 bulb. but on startup-- for a few miliseconds--the current is very high. Not so sure if the stock h8 wires can handle the load over time.

Are you using a "circuit" to turn on HID? Does it keep stock functions like "courtesy light" when unlocking etc?

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='913229' date='Jun 16 2009, 08:20 AM
No need to tap into the battery. However, I am working on something with a customer. His set does not turn on and makes a weird noise. It might be the factory wiring of his angel eyes. I am telling him to test it on his fogs. If they turn on fine, then it means he needs a relay with power coming from the battery. I have installed in previous e60s and never seen that before. Hopefully, it's something simple such as a bad ballast but it's kind of hard getting 2 bad ballasts at the same time.

When they stay on, the factory low beam does not get drowned out. It makes an even nicer appearance. It doesnt seem like it's dim when they're on but hey, I cant really stare at it unless i wanna be blind.

They would work but not bright. I have failed

THANKS!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='914152' date='Jun 17 2009, 01:55 AM
Yes it is very rare to have two ballasts go bad. but it happend to me. in addition the harness i had--had a faulty ground. Talk about luck! I replaced the harness and then replaced the ballasts--everything is fine since then.

I would definitely use relay to be on the safe side. The HID use pretty much same current draw as H8 bulb. but on startup-- for a few miliseconds--the current is very high. Not so sure if the stock h8 wires can handle the load over time.

Are you using a "circuit" to turn on HID? Does it keep stock functions like "courtesy light" when unlocking etc?

with relays, it will not have courtesy function. Tomorrow, I'll do two different installs if possible on the e60 im working with. One is with relays and one is without relays. The M3 I installed did not require a relay at all. the lights are bright and he's using it as DRLs too. When using as DRLs, definitely reccommend using relays.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

GL with the testing:

With the relays on, if the AE's stay on with the xenons, will they xenons blend/blur with the xenons. I believe when you answered earlier you were referring to the AE's dimming with the xenons on (because youou did not have a relay).
Old 06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='914439' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:23 AM
GL with the testing:

With the relays on, if the AE's stay on with the xenons, will they xenons blend/blur with the xenons. I believe when you answered earlier you were referring to the AE's dimming with the xenons on (because youou did not have a relay).

The AEs can still be seen with the relays on. They dont exactly blend in. You have to see it in real life in order to tell. Pictures blend them together. Pictures are worth 1000 words but the real thing is worth one million words. No dimming on AEs with the xenons on or off for my kit whether or not you have relays. It might be slightly brighter and that's about it. This is why I only use digital ballasts . The relays fixes the car if your wiring does not shoot enough power to the HIDs.

I was running around all day installing and squeezed time to test HID AEs on my friend's car, RC1818. Some LCI vehicles do not require relays. The car has its DRL turned on at all times which makes the angel eyes on all the time. Looks amazing. Now sometimes when switched from off to on headlight, HIDs sometimes may strobe and a clicking noise inside the cabin may appear. This is normal. This means the HIDs are not getting the power it needs and trying its best to try to get power. This is when relays kick in and fixes everything. You can choose to install with the relays or without. His car doesnt really need the relays but of course recommended. By the way, the car must be started or else u will hear clicking and see strobing and people think it's a cop car with strobing HID angel eyes. LOL. I'll have pictures up of his car and a comparison between the GP Thunder halogens. Most cars do not need relays but having relays do not hurt when using as DRL since more power will be going to the ballasts. Put it this way, he almost told me NOT to take it off the car and finish installing it.

In daytime, it's so bright!!! Much better than pre-LCI stupid freakin little LEDs but that's the best we can have for pre-LCI. Pictures will be up in a few. I left my car in my camera and will be going downstairs to get it now. Stay tuned for pictures. And pictures of my wheels will be up. I know mel, Phi, C, DKNY, Stylezzza, Ghostteck, and basically all u guys will kill me if I dont have the pix of my wheels up soon.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Daytime pix. First page contains night time. Now this is daytime.

Remember, my HID kits are digital so they WILL produce same amount of light with or without relays. Relays is necessary for LCI AE's for MOST vehicles since it's also ur DRL (Daytime Running Lights) to avoid strobing due to the lower power being put through for DRLs..

REAL BRIGHT!!!

Comparison views of GP Thunders.

Close Up Views Again

Quick Reply: FS: LCI HID Angel Eyes H8