Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

E60 Forum SPECIAL - COMPLETE M5Tech KIT PRE-ORDER SPECI

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1001782' date='Sep 8 2009, 01:14 PM
one major downside to QV station that we've found and we've shipped about 10 sets to that station is that it's open during some weird hours. It could take as long as 12-14 business days to arrive there. Before we proceed, you may want to read the answer to KS below (fastlane).

I know we have 4 total shipments going there as far as I just checked. This is an unforeseen complication. There are 3 things we can do:
1) Greyhound (already called my local agent a few minutes ago) will try to arrange a drop to his location directly - we don't have a cost on this yet, and it WILL delay things because we'll want to get all 4 shipments on one delivery charge to his location if possible. Depending on the costs. If it's only a $20 delivery charge, we'll work with John and just have 4 deliveries, if it's $100

2) Greyhound can reroute the packages to a closer station to John's location (this is generally free, but depends on bus schedules and station availability)

3) John figures out a way to pick it up once all the boxes are there - maybe a truck rental. The station is open 24 hours per day, every day, so he can probably do it on his off day.

Things should work out. KS, can you email me some details about your stay/planned trip, see if there are other options available to you?

EDIT:
2009 535... you may want to consider getting it to the Manhattan station - it usually gets there more quickly and you can pick it up at night or on the weekend so you can avoid parking and shipping hassles. Just a thought. let me know what you want.

Thanks for the update Matt. I am driving down Thursday night to drop it off on Friday for the install. I'm not sure the location I'll be staying, but it sounded like the package needed to be there 2 days in advance for painting, so I'm hoping its there by tomorrow, and the pickup is scheduled for sometime around then. I don't really have any other options, if they are open Saturday, I could bring it in then, but I need to be sure that this painting will be done, this is a long trip....

I think the ship directly to his location would be the best thing, depending on cost.

I hope this works out, but what concerns me is that you will have a bunch of orders sitting there, and from my discussion with John, he's not willing to pick them up, and he says that this was never the arrangement, and that there will be some extra cost involved to get the packages there. Hopefully not, but just waiting to see...

Kevin
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='1001964' date='Sep 8 2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the update Matt. I am driving down Thursday night to drop it off on Friday for the install. I'm not sure the location I'll be staying, but it sounded like the package needed to be there 2 days in advance for painting, so I'm hoping its there by tomorrow, and the pickup is scheduled for sometime around then. I don't really have any other options, if they are open Saturday, I could bring it in then, but I need to be sure that this painting will be done, this is a long trip....

I think the ship directly to his location would be the best thing, depending on cost.

I hope this works out, but what concerns me is that you will have a bunch of orders sitting there, and from my discussion with John, he's not willing to pick them up, and he says that this was never the arrangement, and that there will be some extra cost involved to get the packages there. Hopefully not, but just waiting to see...

Kevin
Ummm, I haven't really been following this thread, but what is the problem? Umnitza, can you please contact me directly if this affects my order. I also never received a tracking number. Please re-send it to rkhettry (at) fandm (dot) edu

-Raj
Old 09-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

It affects everyone that had an agreement with John to do the painting. Later today when we talk to Greyhound, we'll figure out the options. Until tonight, we don't know what the possibilities are.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1002070' date='Sep 8 2009, 07:58 PM
It affects everyone that had an agreement with John to do the painting. Later today when we talk to Greyhound, we'll figure out the options. Until tonight, we don't know what the possibilities are.
I never spoke with anyone at Impressive. I was assured by Tim that everything would be taken care of.. (whom I could hear typing on AIM to someone to confirm everything he was saying to me.) The only reason I purchased this kit from you was due to the "agreement" you had with impressive. If it wasn't for that, I would have ordered performance mods rather than cosmetic ones. I expect you and your company to take care of all the customers you essentially lied to in a timely fashion. I was told I would not have to pick up the bumper at all. It was to be shipped directly to Impressive and that your company would take care of everything and that Impressive would contact me when the kit was ready to be painted/installed. Please let me know what is going on.

-Raj
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Former Vendor

Raj,

You need to understand this is not an Umnitza problem. Our agreement when we spoke to John was that we would ship to the manhattan station and he would pick it up. That was between us.

Somewhere along the way, this changed. While we're happy to take credit for mistakes we make and try to remedy them, but we DID not make that mistake here and we were all on the phone when we discussed this with John.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White BMW 535i xDrive

umnitza,

If customers do not adhere to your policy regarding shipping then let them choose their own shipping method and pay the difference. I know you are trying to help out by giving the most affordable shipping method/rate. You're doing a great job!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

Thank you. Yours was shipped earlier today.
GPX - by Thursday, this number will be traceable via calling Pat at Oakland station.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1002096' date='Sep 8 2009, 09:00 PM
Raj,

You need to understand this is not an Umnitza problem. Our agreement when we spoke to John was that we would ship to the manhattan station and he would pick it up. That was between us.

Somewhere along the way, this changed. While we're happy to take credit for mistakes we make and try to remedy them, but we DID not make that mistake here and we were all on the phone when we discussed this with John.
I'm not sure who made the mistake, I noted the posts on here that said John would pick it up and I was also assured over the phone with Tim that the arrangement was already in place and John was prepared to pick it up. I only spoke to John previously because I was concerned about timing and I was also considering an exhaust install.

When I spoke to John today, he had a very different story in terms of what was arranged. He said he was willing to give the $600 deal for forum members, but there was no discussion of greyhound pickup as he expected the stuff to be delivered to his door.

I don't want to get into the he said stuff, but I think it's important to present both sides. I don't know who messed up, all I know is I also ordered the kit from Umnitza based on the reassurance that John would take care of the shippment and the painting. The funny thing is, I asked a few times if I needed to contact John to let him know when it was coming or anything, and Tim said you guys would take care of getting the kit to him, and John would contact me after he had the order. The only thing John told me was he needed it by Wednesday for a Friday install, and again I was told that it would be there by Tuesday or Wednesday. You can imagine the shock when John tells me my kit is here and he can't pick it up, and perhaps a $100 cab would be the best solution, but I should contact Umnitza to arrange it...

Anyhow, I have taken a day off and planned a trip to get this done based on this arrangement, and if it can't be delivered on, then I won't make the trip and I won't need the parts, but again I'm hoping it all works out amicably.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by 2009 535x iDrive' post='1002229' date='Sep 8 2009, 11:29 PM
umnitza,

If customers do not adhere to your policy regarding shipping then let them choose their own shipping method and pay the difference. I know you are trying to help out by giving the most affordable shipping method/rate. You're doing a great job!

I agree on the shipping to individual customers as it has been laid out clearly that you need to pick up at a greyhound station, and I also agree that Greyhound is great for making shipping cheaper.

The situation with Impressive is quite different, and I will not be paying $100 for shipping from Greyhound to Impressive, period.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Any updates? I also will not be paying $100 to get my bumpers from greyhound to impressive. I was assured by Tim that I would not have to worry about ANYTHING. You guys need to figure it out and if it means you guys need to eat the extra shipping cost, you pretty much have to (or compromise with impressive but it should not be up to the customer to pay). I have never heard anything bad about impressive regarding customer service or the quality of their work. However, I have heard many issues with you guys, but decided that if I actually called and spoke to someone my experience might be different. I guess not. I will be sharing my experiences with you and impressive over at e46 where I know there will be much more traffic.

Quick Reply: E60 Forum SPECIAL - COMPLETE M5Tech KIT PRE-ORDER SPECI