Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

E60 Forum SPECIAL - COMPLETE M5Tech KIT PRE-ORDER SPECI

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umnitza, I have to say I like your product but very upset with the fact that you shipped it via Greyhound bus and I had to drive nearly 100 miles total to pick up my side skirts instead of having them drop shipped to my body shop as any other self respecting vendor on this board should do.

I recently ordered the M5 replica front, tips, and other add-ons from Trinity Autosport instead of you because of this cheapened shipping method that left a sour taste in my mouth. Even though the shipping was kindly offered at no charge, I would have loved to have known what was in store and would have gladly paid extra to avoid that trip to downtown Chicago having side skirts sticking out of my window for 40 miles on the way back to the suburbs.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='999772
umnitza, I have to say I like your product but very upset with the fact that you shipped it via Greyhound bus and I had to drive nearly 100 miles total to pick up my side skirts instead of having them drop shipped to my body shop as any other self respecting vendor on this board should do.

I recently ordered the M5 replica front, tips, and other add-ons from Trinity Autosport instead of you because of this cheapened shipping method that left a sour taste in my mouth. Even though the shipping was kindly offered at no charge, I would have loved to have known what was in store and would have gladly paid extra to avoid that trip to downtown Chicago having side skirts sticking out of my window for 40 miles on the way back to the suburbs.
We sympathize with you having to drive 100 miles to pick something up. However, would like to explain something that isn't always clear especially in the "heat of the moment".

You could have discussed this with us via phone or email rather than making an issue of it after that fact. We are happy to accommodate any reasonable customer request for shipping and delivery times.

--------

For those on the fence about shipping due to greyhound concerns, please read the following:

Using Howitzer's example of IL, Illinois has a lot of greyhound stations: http://www.shipgreyhound.com/scripts/quote...ns.asp?state=il

Almost every single state with the exception of a few in NM or CO have multitudes of stations - 90% of them in our experience are within 15 minutes of wherever you work/live/are installing your products.

Furthermore, the benefits are greatly reduced shipping costs, greater quality of shipment (no breakage, no loss, no damage whatsoever), and in MANY cases you can receive your bumpers within 2-3 days even if it's 3000 miles away.

We no longer recommend UPS or Fedex for shipping (or even any of the freight companies) UPS and Fedex are known for extremely overpriced shipments, and Bax Global/DB Schenker whom we can use at any time if you request it are just horrible for delivery to residential addresses.

-------
Happy Labor Day
Old 09-07-2009, 09:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='1000897' date='Sep 7 2009, 12:03 PM
We're installing another of these bumpers on a 545, we'll let you know if it works out well.

We sympathize with you having to drive 100 miles to pick something up. However, would like to explain something that isn't always clear especially in the "heat of the moment".

You could have discussed this with us via phone or email rather than making an issue of it after that fact. We are happy to accommodate any reasonable customer request for shipping and delivery times.

--------

For those on the fence about shipping due to greyhound concerns, please read the following:

Using Howitzer's example of IL, Illinois has a lot of greyhound stations: http://www.shipgreyhound.com/scripts/quote...ns.asp?state=il

Almost every single state with the exception of a few in NM or CO have multitudes of stations - 90% of them in our experience are within 15 minutes of wherever you work/live/are installing your products.

Furthermore, the benefits are greatly reduced shipping costs, greater quality of shipment (no breakage, no loss, no damage whatsoever), and in MANY cases you can receive your bumpers within 2-3 days even if it's 3000 miles away.

We no longer recommend UPS or Fedex for shipping (or even any of the freight companies) UPS and Fedex are known for extremely overpriced shipments, and Bax Global/DB Schenker whom we can use at any time if you request it are just horrible for delivery to residential addresses.

-------
Happy Labor Day

I would much rather have everyone read about my experience than to keep it private. I know you'll learn from this and make sure you tell people in the future how you're going to ship things to them so it doesn't end up being a surprise. No one uses UPS or FedEx for large packages like that and in my case I requested the package delivered to A&L Auto Body in palatine which was NOT a residential address but a business. However, you NEVER informed me that you had no intention of drop-shipping and instead the item was going to be sent via Greyhound for pickup in DT Chicago. I found this out only after I called a couple of days later asking for a tracking number. If I wasn't proactive and made a phone call, I would have never known what was going on.

Here is another bit of advice about CUSTOMER SERVICE. You don't chastise a customer on a forum implying they are in the wrong because it just makes you look even worse. Instead, you apologize for the crap you made them go through, not sympathize, and get on with your business. You did neither, and it just solidifies my decision not to order jack shit from you again, Matt.

Satisfied Customers Tell Three Friends, Angry Customers Tell 3,000. You better believe that!
http://www.amazon.com/Satisfied-Customers-...y/dp/038552272X http://www.amazon.com/Satisfied-Customers-...y/dp/038552272X
Old 09-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Howitzer,

You're right, we're not trying to chastise you. Just put facts out there. All our bumpers ship greyhound. It's on all the product pages for bumpers, it's on our policy page, and it's on the pages for sales here on this forum. Ask anyone that has received our bumpers here on this forum and you'll find out we exclusively ship them with Greyhound.

We apologize this wasn't told to you on the phone as you are implying and will make sure that every customer is aware of this in the future, free shipping or not free shipping.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White BMW 535i xDrive

Hi umnitza, payment sent! Please let me know what greyhound station you are going to ship it to. Thanks!

I found a greyhound location by my house, its in Queens Vil.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='992013' date='Aug 28 2009, 09:55 PM
cool. we'll ship it on Monday, John said he'd be happy to pick it up from the greyhound station.

Hey Matt, I just got off the phone with John from Impressive. My kit is at the greyhound station which is great, that should mean my kit will be painted and ready for install when I get there on Friday!!

One problem is, John said he can't pick it up, so I'm not sure what can be done from here. I live 8 hours away and have no means of arranging transportation, so I'm assuming that you can get this resolved. I'm just posting this because alot of people might be looking to take advantage of this sweet painting deal, and this is a big part of it, because if you are traveling from out of town, you would want to ensure things will be taken care of between your two companies and be ready to go when you get there.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='1001742' date='Sep 8 2009, 12:11 PM
Hey Matt, I just got off the phone with John from Impressive. My kit is at the greyhound station which is great, that should mean my kit will be painted and ready for install when I get there on Friday!!

One problem is, John said he can't pick it up, so I'm not sure what can be done from here. I live 8 hours away and have no means of arranging transportation, so I'm assuming that you can get this resolved. I'm just posting this because alot of people might be looking to take advantage of this sweet painting deal, and this is a big part of it, because if you are traveling from out of town, you would want to ensure things will be taken care of between your two companies and be ready to go when you get there.

Thanks.

Ok, so I've spoken with Matt, and we are working to get this resolved, hopefully John will just pick it up...
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2009 535x iDrive' post='1001691

I just double checked, I don't think it's your kit that is there, though it's possible. Your kit is slated to arrive there later today or first thing tomorrow).

Thanks.
I know we have 4 total shipments going there as far as I just checked. This is an unforeseen complication. There are 3 things we can do:
1) Greyhound (already called my local agent a few minutes ago) will try to arrange a drop to his location directly - we don't have a cost on this yet, and it WILL delay things because we'll want to get all 4 shipments on one delivery charge to his location if possible. Depending on the costs. If it's only a $20 delivery charge, we'll work with John and just have 4 deliveries, if it's $100

2) Greyhound can reroute the packages to a closer station to John's location (this is generally free, but depends on bus schedules and station availability)

3) John figures out a way to pick it up once all the boxes are there - maybe a truck rental. The station is open 24 hours per day, every day, so he can probably do it on his off day.

Things should work out. KS, can you email me some details about your stay/planned trip, see if there are other options available to you?

EDIT:
2009 535... you may want to consider getting it to the Manhattan station - it usually gets there more quickly and you can pick it up at night or on the weekend so you can avoid parking and shipping hassles. Just a thought. let me know what you want.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White BMW 535i xDrive

Hey umnitza, like we confirmed on the phone. I rather have it shipped to the Queens Village location as it is much closer to me. The manhattan location has no parking available or no standing in that location. I understand you stated it will be a longer delivery date which i am ok with, but would it be a hassle to go pick it up from the queens village location? Thats the only thing im worried about.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Former Vendor

QV is not a hassle for pick up at all.
The lady there is very nice (have spoken to her many times).

Quick Reply: E60 Forum SPECIAL - COMPLETE M5Tech KIT PRE-ORDER SPECI