Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

Acute Performance | CROSS Suspension Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Okay so track time consistency- I have seen it myself on cars but you will also see posts of consistency in track times as you take laps around the race track. The KW for some reason are good coil overs for Hot Laps (TimeAttacks) but when you go around the track several times you will start to see your lap times increase and the car will feel bouncy, Cross will stay consistent through a whole heat. I'm sure it wont be able to last a 20 hour race, but it is noticeably better than KW.

Now consistency for daily driving- Monotube has 2 pistons, one is attached to the shaft and the other is a floating piston that seperates the oil from the nitrogen gas. Twintube has a single piston and the gas and shock oil are mixed together. If one were to pick up a twintube shock and shake it then compress the shock, the shaft will easily fall right into the shock, and will not come back up, until the gas and oil seperates inside the shock. In other words if you were to run through a decently rough patch of road, probably where you would need the suspension the most, it starts to lose its ability to absorb and hold the spring back on the rebound.

All in all, the consistency factor means just that consistent results. With the monotube design CROSS is able to achieve this with less friction creating less heat.

Michael

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='914983' date='Jun 17 2009, 04:10 PM
All of that makes perfect sense and is a very good explanation of the differences between the tube

can you describe what you mean by "consistency" with a bit more detail?

As far as ride bounce goes, ive never had an issue with that, but i have all my settings set to 0.

You are spot on with the expense of camber plates though so thats a good value in itself
Old 06-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im really curious to see any e60 owner who swapped from KW to Cross and what the differences were.

Install up here is just so expensive its just not a small thing to mess with
Old 06-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor

how much?

michael
acute performance

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='916298' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:02 PM
im really curious to see any e60 owner who swapped from KW to Cross and what the differences were.

Install up here is just so expensive its just not a small to mess with
Old 06-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

$475 for install of coils and thats discounted

other shops up here charge $600-$800 depending if you get alignment done right after
Old 06-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor

holy crap. well i am giving a pretty good discount for the first set.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='916308' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:09 PM

other shops up here charge $600-$800 depending if you get alignment done right after
Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by myfootsmells' post='916312' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:10 PM
holy crap. well i am giving a pretty good discount for the first set.

i know i know and thats why its freakin killing me, its a great price for some awesome technology but the install just kills it

plus resale of kw's v2 isnt as high as I would like
Old 06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='916316' date='Jun 18 2009, 08:13 PM
i know i know and thats why its freakin killing me, its a great price for some awesome technology but the install just kills it

plus resale of kw's v2 isnt as high as I would like
LOW BALLERS ARE WAITING FOR THOSE KW V'S me included
Old 06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='916348' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:50 PM
LOW BALLERS ARE WAITING FOR THOSE KW V'S me included
ha

never
Old 06-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='916308' date='Jun 18 2009, 09:09 PM

Hi everybody new member here. I actually became a member because I just needed to reply to this post (yes, I am a forum whore), first off I did swap from KW to Cross. I'm very satisfied with the switch, although I drive an M3. What smellyfoot here said is true, there is a sligth bounciness with the KW that you really don feel until you switch coilover, in my opinion the Crosses were definately more......... I dont know...... the only way for me to describe it is controlled. It feels more like what the car is supposed to feel like, its hard to describe. I didn't know that Cross made coilovers for the E60, these things will sell quick for sure. I know a lot of people that swears by Cross now, mostly a few people I know at the porsche clubs (these guys knows there suspension). Out with the old KW and in with the new Cross.

By the way you should most definately look for more quotes, that price is rediculous for install. I know people will do it for 150 dollars, Its worth 2 hour labor, and going rate is 65 to 75 dollars an hour for a good mechanic. Where are you located?

Let me know if you have any questions. I have tested out several suspensions, Bilstein, KW, Eibach, and Im sticking with Cross. I might be able to help if you have q's.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cfm3' post='916773' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:51 AM
Hi everybody new member here. I actually became a member because I just needed to reply to this post (yes, I am a forum whore), first off I did swap from KW to Cross. I'm very satisfied with the switch, although I drive an M3. What smellyfoot here said is true, there is a sligth bounciness with the KW that you really don feel until you switch coilover, in my opinion the Crosses were definately more......... I dont know...... the only way for me to describe it is controlled. It feels more like what the car is supposed to feel like, its hard to describe. I didn't know that Cross made coilovers for the E60, these things will sell quick for sure. I know a lot of people that swears by Cross now, mostly a few people I know at the porsche clubs (these guys knows there suspension). Out with the old KW and in with the new Cross.

By the way you should most definately look for more quotes, that price is rediculous for install. I know people will do it for 150 dollars, Its worth 2 hour labor, and going rate is 65 to 75 dollars an hour for a good mechanic. Where are you located?

Let me know if you have any questions. I have tested out several suspensions, Bilstein, KW, Eibach, and Im sticking with Cross. I might be able to help if you have q's.

lol you dont know washington state, i called EVERY shop within 2 hour drive and thats the CONSISTENT price i was quoted

washington is such a small market the margins arent there in the products so the shops charge more in labor then elsewhere

Quick Reply: Acute Performance | CROSS Suspension Coilovers