Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

***OFFICIAL AFE Refund Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

I'm kinda amazed that the S*&% storm has not hit over at e90post.com yet... I 'd would have thought they would have been leading the charge with all the back to back dyno's on the N54's and with how many 335's have AFE's....

Mine's on the way back tomorrow.... Any one know any thing about the BMS or Riss racing cai/rai's ....lol
Old 10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='705777
Joe - Don't waste your time or your energy. We have never doubted you, your company or your services. You are honest, hard working and always go the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction.

Clearly, Paul and the folks at AFE are upset by the large number of returns that are coming their way. For them to switch the issue back onto you, is clearly a weak move on their part. Inevitably, this is not the last that AFE will hear from other customers that have purchased their intakes; BMW's or any other high performance vehicle for that matter. Shame on them. :thumbsdown:

Bottom line Joe...We trust you and that's all that matters.
Originally Posted by MacFly' post='705788
WOW Paul, with that statement you put AFE back down...you forget that all this trouble all started off because you guys developed, marketed and sold a faulty product. You will still get paid your salary from AFE for handling the returns. Joe has to still put his time out to credit everyone their money, take his time to go UPS or whatever to drop off the intakes to get shipped back to you and pay for the shipping, and handle all the paperwork between you guys and him, and handle his own paperwork. Not only that, you guys didn't even bother to take the time to go and dyno all of your own products. Joe went to RPI multiple times to watch dynos to gather information for himself and the forums so he could make sure he would be selling quality products. Unfortunately he couldn't stand behind yours and he stop selling your products and now you are trying to bring him down with you.

Paul you are an official asshole in my book...

couldnt believe what was attempted by that post. well said guys I dont have to add anything to that.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

1. mrfva
2. imsortofabigdeal
3. alpinewhite
4. nerweezy
5. white5
6. Hyper_545i
7. theXman
8. khooger
9. bars_sun
10. Bigbadbull
11. advancedlogic
12. Southgate
13. bimmer530iguy
14. stel_i79
15. myfootsmells
16. LegalSinner
Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

WOW Paul....real unprofessional on your part!!! Add me to the list as well Joe.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

Oh maaan.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='705970' date='Oct 28 2008, 10:29 PM
1. mrfva
2. imsortofabigdeal
3. alpinewhite
4. nerweezy
5. white5
6. Hyper_545i
7. theXman
8. khooger
9. bars_sun
10. Bigbadbull
11. advancedlogic
12. Southgate
13. bimmer530iguy
14. stel_i79
15. myfootsmells
16. LegalSinner
17. garylewa
It's off & back in the original box.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Tsk, Tsk. I was going to purchase this product, however, waited to see the outcome of the "E60 550i Dyno w/ AFE, w/ stock, w/ stock + RPi" thread. I'm relieved I didn't purchase this product.
Now we can add Paul to the Quad_M, Detto list. Oh and by the way Paul, if you ever decide to drive through MD, DON'T!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Wow, congratulations Paul/AFE!! This is possibly the most chicken sh*t post ever on this or any forum. :thumbsdown:

Joe(r1racer) is someone I can say I am proud to know and would do business with again in a heartbeat. Joe is an honest, stand up guy and for you to post anything to the contrary speaks volumes as to your character.

Paul/AFE, I think I speak for the rest of the forum when I say I would rather let Joe keep the small profit he may have made rather than to get any extra $$ from you/AFE. Joe deserves to be compensated for his time and effort and should be applauded for protecting his customers from unethical businesses such as yourself and AFE.

Paul/AFE, I would suggest you stop posting here as you are making a fool of yourself as well as doing further damage to AFE's already suspect reputation.

Originally Posted by paulhardley' post='705755' date='Oct 28 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to speak up with this. I was surprise to see that the prices that Joe is offering to refund to you. I'm surprised because they are lower that the amounts that I will be crediting him. They are lower that what he paid aFe. Does this mean that if I give him full credit for the items returned, he will be making a profit on the returned items. He made a profit when he sold you our intake systems and now he's making a profit when he takes it as a return. Nice little arrangement he has. Sell our product on through the forum, make money selling it, knock the product, and make money returning it. Very interesting. I guess he needs to cover his "time", "shipping" and "transactions fees".

Also he is sending you a "business check" while I will be crediting his bank account through his credit card. Why can't he credit your credit cards as well? Wait, that might increase his transaction fee. Not to rain on his "goodwill" parade but to insure that you get your refund in a timely manner, let me be an "honorable" manufacturer and give you the refund that I would have given Joe at Trinity. This way at least I can score some "goodwill" points with the members of this forum.

Here's the deal. You will need to contact me directly a "paulhardley@afepower.com" regarding an RGA number and the amount of the refund. I assure you it will be more than the refund prices Joe has listed here. I can't list the price as it will give away confidential information regarding the prices we charge our dealers and distributors because I will be giving you what Joe paid aFe. No deductions for my "time", "shipping fees" or "transaction fees".

So I will give you a choice.

1. Return your aFe intake to Joe, have the positive loyal feeling of helping this upstanding forum member, get a business check sometime in the future, after aFe has credited his credit card. I wonder why he gave me a different credit card number than the one he paid with. Or
2. Return it directly to aFe, get more than what Joe is offering, get a credit to your credit card. We will need to confirm that you bought the system from Trinity Autosports for a proof purchase would be helpful. I'm sorry that I can't return all that you paid to Joe for the intake system.

I leave it up to you; we will be paying the same amount either way, either to you or to Joe. Email me if you if you would like to return your aFe intake system directly to us and I will issue a different RGA number than the one Joe will be giving you.

Paul Hardley
Old 10-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

Paul's post was totally unbelievable -- He should be addressing AFE's problems instead of trying to 'score good will points' by dragging one of his previous vendors through the mud.

Shame on you, Paul and shame on your company for trying to dupe us E60'ers into buying your useless products!!!

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL AFE Refund Thread***