Vendor Classifieds This forum is for vendors to post their products for sale and any special deals or discounts.

***OFFICIAL AFE Refund Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer' post='705534' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:25 AM
HI Guys,

I got an email from Paul stating that AFE will be refunding the money back into my account. Now as MacFly said I should be taking care of this and that is correct I am, BUT I do have a choice here not to as it states in my store policy. I am doing this because I love my e60.net community and love my LOYAL customers.

Here is what the refunds will look like:

1. 04-05 525/530i = $201.75
2. 06-07 525/530i = $192.75
3. 535i = $239.25
4. 545i = $207
5. 550i = $231.75

The refund is less than what you bought it for minus the shipping cost, time, and transaction fees. I will be sending out a business check once I get the refund from AFE. Please PM me for the RGA number so you can start sending me the products. The product must have the ORIGINAL box or the return is no good.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to call me at 949-241-5623, email me joe@trinityautosport.com, or AIM me at trinityautosport. Thank you guys!

Please ship the product to:

Trinity Autosport
14102 Saarinen Court
Irvine, CA 92606

I need a list of people who is going to return this product:

1. mrfva
2. imsortofabigdeal
3. alpinewhite
4. nerweezy
5. white5
6. Hyper_545i
7. theXman
8. khooger
9. bars_sun
10. Bigbadbull
11. advancedlogic
12.Southgate
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by White5' post='705545' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:34 AM
There is THE DEFINITION of a UNDERSTANDING vendor... He had a CHOICE to REFUND or KEEP...

UPGRADE YOUR PHOTOBUCKET!!! Cause your beautifully funny avitar chick is now missing
Old 10-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Originally Posted by miguex' post='705571' date='Oct 28 2008, 11:48 AM
Amazing Joe! Best luck!, By the way I will keep my AFE. you may laugh!
I'll be keeping my AFE as well... kinda too lazy to yank the thing out and change back to stock.. plus Joe and Trinity are top notch as far as vendors go... hopefully everything will turn out good!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Members

I'm sorry, but I have to speak up with this. I was surprise to see that the prices that Joe is offering to refund to you. I'm surprised because they are lower that the amounts that I will be crediting him. They are lower that what he paid aFe. Does this mean that if I give him full credit for the items returned, he will be making a profit on the returned items. He made a profit when he sold you our intake systems and now he's making a profit when he takes it as a return. Nice little arrangement he has. Sell our product on through the forum, make money selling it, knock the product, and make money returning it. Very interesting. I guess he needs to cover his "time", "shipping" and "transactions fees".

Also he is sending you a "business check" while I will be crediting his bank account through his credit card. Why can't he credit your credit cards as well? Wait, that might increase his transaction fee. Not to rain on his "goodwill" parade but to insure that you get your refund in a timely manner, let me be an "honorable" manufacturer and give you the refund that I would have given Joe at Trinity. This way at least I can score some "goodwill" points with the members of this forum.

Here's the deal. You will need to contact me directly a "paulhardley@afepower.com" regarding an RGA number and the amount of the refund. I assure you it will be more than the refund prices Joe has listed here. I can't list the price as it will give away confidential information regarding the prices we charge our dealers and distributors because I will be giving you what Joe paid aFe. No deductions for my "time", "shipping fees" or "transaction fees".

So I will give you a choice.

1. Return your aFe intake to Joe, have the positive loyal feeling of helping this upstanding forum member, get a business check sometime in the future, after aFe has credited his credit card. I wonder why he gave me a different credit card number than the one he paid with. Or
2. Return it directly to aFe, get more than what Joe is offering, get a credit to your credit card. We will need to confirm that you bought the system from Trinity Autosports for a proof purchase would be helpful. I'm sorry that I can't return all that you paid to Joe for the intake system.

I leave it up to you; we will be paying the same amount either way, either to you or to Joe. Email me if you if you would like to return your aFe intake system directly to us and I will issue a different RGA number than the one Joe will be giving you.

Paul Hardley
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS' post='705758' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:02 PM
hmm
Old 10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

I feel bad for Trinity....

IMO, do as Paul said or donate/sell to someone who like it or throw it away or even keep it... Leave Trinity in peace. IMO.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Joe - you are a stand up guy for doing what you're doing. Your return policy is clearly stated, but yet you're goiing out of your way to issue refunds. We clearly know that aFe is at fault here, no doubt. You, unfortunately got caught up in the middle. None of us is here to put you out of business.

Team Trinity!!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by paulhardley' post='705755' date='Oct 28 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to speak up with this. I was surprise to see that the prices that Joe is offering to refund to you. I'm surprised because they are lower that the amounts that I will be crediting him. They are lower that what he paid aFe. Does this mean that if I give him full credit for the items returned, he will be making a profit on the returned items. He made a profit when he sold you our intake systems and now he's making a profit when he takes it as a return. Nice little arrangement he has. Sell our product on through the forum, make money selling it, knock the product, and make money returning it. Very interesting. I guess he needs to cover his "time", "shipping" and "transactions fees".

Also he is sending you a "business check" while I will be crediting his bank account through his credit card. Why can't he credit your credit cards as well? Wait, that might increase his transaction fee. Not to rain on his "goodwill" parade but to insure that you get your refund in a timely manner, let me be an "honorable" manufacturer and give you the refund that I would have given Joe at Trinity. This way at least I can score some "goodwill" points with the members of this forum.

Here's the deal. You will need to contact me directly a "paulhardley@afepower.com" regarding an RGA number and the amount of the refund. I assure you it will be more than the refund prices Joe has listed here. I can't list the price as it will give away confidential information regarding the prices we charge our dealers and distributors because I will be giving you what Joe paid aFe. No deductions for my "time", "shipping fees" or "transaction fees".

So I will give you a choice.

1. Return your aFe intake to Joe, have the positive loyal feeling of helping this upstanding forum member, get a business check sometime in the future, after aFe has credited his credit card. I wonder why he gave me a different credit card number than the one he paid with. Or
2. Return it directly to aFe, get more than what Joe is offering, get a credit to your credit card. We will need to confirm that you bought the system from Trinity Autosports for a proof purchase would be helpful. I'm sorry that I can't return all that you paid to Joe for the intake system.

I leave it up to you; we will be paying the same amount either way, either to you or to Joe. Email me if you if you would like to return your aFe intake system directly to us and I will issue a different RGA number than the one Joe will be giving you.

Paul Hardley
WOW Paul...Looks like AFE will ONLY respond to post that THEY WANT to reply too huh...

As for the pricing how am I making money? I have to do this and send it back or ship it back to you guys and deal with this. As for me making money YOU WISH. If the customers paid me CASH I will send out a check and IF they paid by paypal I will pay them back via paypal. You are a real JERK telling people that I am trying to make money off this. By ALL mean let people return the HOT AIR INTAKES to you so that I don't have to deal with it. I will be GLAD to provide receipts for what MY customers paid for. If MY customers are going to get what they paid for then YES I am all for it. I gave you a credit card number that I used 50% of the time as well...I wanted to make sure you folks over there send it to the right account. Now I would want to wait for YOUR payment first then to payback my customers right? Also, I see how you and Craig are working together...I have about 5 54-11572 in stock, but you won't take it back WHY? Because you will never be able to sell it now.

I am sorry guys for letting you guys down on this. If you wish to take it up with AFE directly you may:

Paul Hardley
Director: Customer Service & OE/Export Sales
advanced FLOW engineering

Company: 951-493-7100
Direct line: 951-493-7106
Fax: 951-493-7177
Email: paulhardley@afepower.com

By the way I like how AFE took my cousins 335i and put some BUNK scoops and said it made 7whp! I call BS as I was there the whole time and when did you have time to dyno it? When I went to RPI to dyno it...it gained ZERO! You guys are a bunch of crooks.

There is SOLID proof over here. I had a 335i loaner 4 door automatic and my cousin had the 335i two door 6 spd w/ AFE HOT AIR INTAKE, JB2, their "throttle body spacer" (that I yanked out), and their CHEAP scoops. My LOANER kept up with the car...once we took all the JUNK out of my cousins cars he beat me by 2.5 cars...HMMMM Could it be the AFE ....IT SURE WAS! EXPLAIN THAT ONE! Once this thread goes out to the E90 post have fun dealing with them AFE.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 5series
Model Year: 2004

add me to the list as well, thank you.

Quick Reply: ***OFFICIAL AFE Refund Thread***