E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

OK, don't roast me yet but I just ordered the new adjustable sprint booster from Bavaria Auto. I've been a big anti-sprint booster guy since i joined the forum, but you guys and gals are too convincing. I have to try it, and with the new one being adjustable, I had to go for it.

Review won't come until the spring when I un-ass my car from the garage and get it on the road again.

We'll see once and for all what all the hub bub is about.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Members

I've been thinking of picking up a sprint booster as well. Anyone on here who has one and noticed a difference of any kind?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by dan530
I've been thinking of picking up a sprint booster as well. Anyone on here who has one and noticed a difference of any kind?

Oh no you didn't just ask that?

Do a search on sprintbooster and you'll find out all you need to know brother.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

nice to see you've giving it a try, looking forward to your review...

</subscribed
Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

I'm going to look up this new one. I really like my current SB. SB makes the car totally different to me.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Looks nice and you can mount the switch up high. I may jump on this and if I like it sell my original SB.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Members

keep us posted bro
Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
GsQ
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i Premium Package "All Black Everything" EXT: 20% Tint All Round | M-Front (Weezy) | Black/White Roundels | Shadowline Paint Match Grilles | M Style Sidemarkers | Vertini Riviera-S 20s INT: I POD Intg | Trim Rings | ACS Pedals | Cobra XRS 10G LHT: Xenon Adaptive | XENESIS Fogs| WeissLicht Plate LEDS | Door LEDS I Interior Xenon Pkg PER: RPI Induction (Weezy) | BMC Filter | Sprint Booster V2 AUD: JL Audio

Its funny you started this thread because mine just arrived yesterday...v2 from Brav auto got 15 percent off on it not bad. I tons of people here have them so i did my research went for the new version. I think you are going to like it. Here is my take on it.

Package Arrives

Contents of the box

Installed (The only problem was that there was no where to hide the thing because the hole where the oem wire goes into was too small. So i hid it behind the pedal housing for now. Going to make a small slit in the carpet where the oem wire comes out and slide the housing in there) MAKE SURE YOU WAIT 5 MINUTES WITH THE DOOR OPEN BEFORE INSTALLING TO AVOID CHECK ENGINE LIGHT MESSAGE!!!!!!

Threaded the wire behind the paneling

Mounted the button (pretty indiscreet right there i may move it its easy access there though

Turned it on and was good to go!!! Honestly you can really notice the difference. 3 modes, off (no light), green (medium setting) red (aggressive). The difference between the green and the red setting is not super noticeable but from being off then on wow what a difference. She just gets up and goes!!! I guess the one downfall of this thing is that it does bring your mpg down considerably but who cares it feels great. Last night i went flying down Griffith Park Blvd mad late no cars around to test her out in DS WOW thats wild its a little overkill in DS mode pretty much just hits 6000 rpm as soon as u step on the gas. I love this thing.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I will be carrying that soon too.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by GsQ
Turned it on and was good to go!!! Honestly you can really notice the difference. 3 modes, off (no light), green (medium setting) red (aggressive). The difference between the green and the red setting is not super noticeable but from being off then on wow what a difference. She just gets up and goes!!! I guess the one downfall of this thing is that it does bring your mpg down considerably but who cares it feels great. Last night i went flying down Griffith Park Blvd mad late no cars around to test her out in DS WOW thats wild its a little overkill in DS mode pretty much just hits 6000 rpm as soon as u step on the gas. I love this thing.
How much of mileage hit are you experiencing? I remember reading that some people actually claim to have gotten better mileage (though logically that seems unreasonable).

Quick Reply: New Sprint Booster