Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

How Important is the Tire Load Index?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 02:01 PM
KAF
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Rez
Now I have to go with Michelin tires since they match BMW's load matrix. So a new dilemma has risen....Summer tires or All Seasons? To be precise, Pilot Super Sport or Pilot Sport A/S Plus? Just can't afford the pricey Pilot Sport PS2's.

Expect to get snow more often than very occasionally, then all seasons.

Little risk of snow, summers
Old 01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Rez
Members

My Ride: 2021 BMW 540i XDrive Bluestone Metallic on Ivory White Napa Leather. Packages: Executive, M Sport, Parking Assistance, Luxury Seating, Shadowline. Options: M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers, Body Color Rocker Panel Blades and Spoiler, Heated Steering
Model Year: 2021

Just an update. I finally ditched the run flats and installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus All Season tires. These have the correct load index on fronts and rears both.I have to say, that the ride is a lot smoother and quieter than run flats. Handling is still up to par. It's too soon to give a broader review though.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i Spacey Grey, Sport, Prem, Navi, 20 way comfort (a must) - DCI, JB4 - ditched the RFT '08 MDX Tech pkg

Originally Posted by Rez
Just an update. I finally ditched the run flats and installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus All Season tires. These have the correct load index on fronts and rears both.I have to say, that the ride is a lot smoother and quieter than run flats. Handling is still up to par. It's too soon to give a broader review though.

Are you still happy with those tires? I've gotten the Summer ones. 245/275 staggered. Do you have anytime issues since then? on mine, I've notices that cold start, the steering wheels will pulse for about 5 miles. The it will go away. Nitrogen is also in the tires. NRF. It runs smooth there after. wondering if it was the nitrogen that caused it?

-Peak
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Nitrogen will not make an ounce of difference, air is nearly 80% nitrogen anyway!
Old 08-28-2012, 04:50 AM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by peakaboohaha
Are you still happy with those tires? I've gotten the Summer ones. 245/275 staggered. Do you have anytime issues since then? on mine, I've notices that cold start, the steering wheels will pulse for about 5 miles. The it will go away. Nitrogen is also in the tires. NRF. It runs smooth there after. wondering if it was the nitrogen that caused it?

-Peak

I have staggered setup as well with nonRF tires (Potenza RE760 Sport). I have the same slight vibration for the first few miles in the morning, and I don't have nitrogen in my tires. I think it's just slight flatspotting overnight, and normal.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Rez
Members

My Ride: 2021 BMW 540i XDrive Bluestone Metallic on Ivory White Napa Leather. Packages: Executive, M Sport, Parking Assistance, Luxury Seating, Shadowline. Options: M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers, Body Color Rocker Panel Blades and Spoiler, Heated Steering
Model Year: 2021

Originally Posted by peakaboohaha

-Peak
I'm very happy with my tires. They are much quiter and responsive. Since I have a spare, I'm really glad that I got rid of the heavy, noisy RFT's.