Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

What happens to the forums???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by N1755L
Well I may have one less reason to check the forum soon enough, as I can't seem to find relevant content for this area (Toronto, ON, Canada).

This city is "littered" with Bimmers, every second car I see out here is a BMW, yet I find it discouraging that it seems that there's not even a handfull of people wanting to get together for a day drive. Why are people so fearful of social interaction nowadays?

The Meet/Greet section is virtually completely California... alright, alright, I'll try the Meet/Greet section... there, posted. Hopefully there's a few out ot the thousands who can tolerate the idea of spending a few hours with other BMW owners? I see from the postings that meets did occur in the not-so-distant past, although it's sad that it seemed to be a lot of effort to get people together.

Hope things turn around with the forum, good luck with it guys.
Keep in mind the seasons also. Spring and summertime is when people tend to want to be out and about, so you'd be more likely to see things organized at this time of the year. Post a feeler for a drive or local meet in the Meet & Greet section.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Members

Location: NB'er living in Toronto, missing the "good" Maritimes lifestyle, family, friends, and outdoors...
My Ride: 525i

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Keep in mind the seasons also. Spring and summertime is when people tend to want to be out and about, so you'd be more likely to see things organized at this time of the year. Post a feeler for a drive or local meet in the Meet & Greet section.
I did actually, redEYE, keeping my fingers crossed. Too bad people up here don't seem to be as open or laid back as you Calis.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Contributors

I did actually, redEYE, keeping my fingers crossed. Too bad people up here don't seem to be as open or laid back as you Calis.
Come on dowwwwwwn!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Come on dowwwwwwn!

+1000 We have a meet at the drop of a hat, we'd welcome any forum member here in SoCal
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Members

Location: NB'er living in Toronto, missing the "good" Maritimes lifestyle, family, friends, and outdoors...
My Ride: 525i

I was down there just over a month ago, had to fly down for a wedding... California is BEAUTIFUL! Weather is just about as nice as Cuba's. If I can ever figure out how to generate a proper excuse for cruising down to Cali, I sure will do! The Getty museum was great. I actually found the traffic all around L.A. to be nowhere near as bad as Toronto's.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Well I may have one less reason to check the forum soon enough, as I can't seem to find relevant content for this area (Toronto, ON, Canada).

This city is "littered" with Bimmers, every second car I see out here is a BMW, yet I find it discouraging that it seems that there's not even a handfull of people wanting to get together for a day drive. Why are people so fearful of social interaction nowadays?

The Meet/Greet section is virtually completely California... alright, alright, I'll try the Meet/Greet section... there, posted. Hopefully there's a few out ot the thousands who can tolerate the idea of spending a few hours with other BMW owners? I see from the postings that meets did occur in the not-so-distant past, although it's sad that it seemed to be a lot of effort to get people together.

Hope things turn around with the forum, good luck with it guys.
maybe you can start small meets of your own? I mean even if its only a member or two, then people will eventually make the drive.. In ny we have had members drive all the way from rhode island to play with us give it a shot, the worst thatll happen is they wont sign on.. right?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel
maybe you can start small meets of your own? I mean even if its only a member or two, then people will eventually make the drive.. In ny we have had members drive all the way from rhode island to play with us give it a shot, the worst thatll happen is they wont sign on.. right?

Agreed. I drive 30-45 minutes usually to meet up with the guys, but its totally worth it to me.