Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM? BOOOO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
damn i keep missing the good stuff around here......bullshit.
Yes Brett, it definitely was one of the best threads I've ever seen here.

Oh, did you know that we had a female member just join us by the name of Monaco Blue Girl? She must have dug your member name.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Tony:

Let me fill in some more detail.

BMW550ifreak claims that the accidenr occured at approximately 430am (when he was driving stone cold sober and not high on pot I'm sure). He next cotends that he was driving at the speed limit (just like he has posted that he always does). Apparently, in the dead of night on the traffic-choked, mean streets of suburban Tortono at 430 am, a car come out of nowhere and cut him off. He says that he slammed on the brakes and streered away from the phantom other car; lost control of his Beast (which has such crappy stopping ability at low speeds with its POS ventilated discs) and slammed into a post.

He had passengers in the car with him (and I am so sure that he wasn't showing off what his beast can do to them). But noone was hurt. Damage was estimated to be about $9k.

Other than the fact that injry or death was not involved, this has so many similarities to the story of the dead AmericanM5 josh) it is scary.

Obviously, I am astonished that the entire thread was deleted.
Having just read this, I'm now 100% convinced (if above is 100% true) that this guy's gonna be a proper menace to society pretty soon... scratch that, he is.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Let the dream die guys. It's over. Who cares. It was fun while it lasted.

Feel free to delete this thread, Mark. It's now a waste of space. Hahahahahaha!

I'm off to Oklahoma Joe's BBQ for lunch in KC, MO. Yummm!!!!
yeah... we're gonna have to go ahead and go with a no on that one, C

damn i keep missing the good stuff around here......bullshit.
I think what happened is, since you've sold of your 5er, the admins have put you on a delayed notification list and you now get the updates of new content with like a 6-10 hour delay. I suggest you trade in the TL for, like, any old 5er and PM Lomag with the proof of regi, so that they put you back on the "normal" new content notification schedule
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Contributors

Yes Brett, it definitely was one of the best threads I've ever seen here.

Oh, did you know that we had a female member just join us by the name of Monaco Blue Girl? She must have dug your member name.
Niiiice. New female member with a cool name. Im going to look her up!

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Having just read this, I'm now 100% convinced (if above is 100% true) that this guy's gonna be a proper menace to society pretty soon... scratch that, he is.

yeah... we're gonna have to go ahead and go with a no on that one, C

I think what happened is, since you've sold of your 5er, the admins have put you on a delayed notification list and you now get the updates of new content with like a 6-10 hour delay. I suggest you trade in the TL for, like, any old 5er and PM Lomag with the proof of regi, so that they put you back on the "normal" new content notification schedule
Lol your silly. Im driving the TL because im not worried about the car long term. BMW reliability has scared me....with me trying to buy a house in all i dont need the out of warranty BMW sitting in the garage as a ticking time bomb ready to screw me over.

Ive kind of been scared into thinking leasing the way to go with a higher end car. Dont have to worry about repairs and all the basic maintenance is free. That way I could drive the living hell out of the car and not worry if the tranny, electrical system, motor, or any other freak thing goes out. Another plus is I will always keep changing my mind about the car. So i could be switching between the 3 coupes to the 5ers, and maybe when i settle down with kids and a family the X5 will call my name. Who knows....
Old 04-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Contributors

Lol your silly. Im driving the TL because im not worried about the car long term. BMW reliability has scared me....with me trying to buy a house in all i dont need the out of warranty BMW sitting in the garage as a ticking time bomb ready to screw me over.

Ive kind of been scared into thinking leasing the way to go with a higher end car. Dont have to worry about repairs and all the basic maintenance is free. That way I could drive the living hell out of the car and not worry if the tranny, electrical system, motor, or any other freak thing goes out. Another plus is I will always keep changing my mind about the car. So i could be switching between the 3 coupes to the 5ers, and maybe when i settle down with kids and a family the X5 will call my name. Who knows....
You're a smart girl, Brett

BTW you should buy a house by NYC
Old 04-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
What did I miss?
I missed it too, but found the 1st page of the original thread ...

Here's his previous post "Going 140 km/h on a 40 zone"
Old 04-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Frank, you are amazing
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Brett you have just explained why I have leased my last 5 cars and will continue to lease. I like new cars that are under warranty.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Contributors

Brett you have just explained why I have leased my last 5 cars and will continue to lease. I like new cars that are under warranty.
Screw you guys! Stop rubbing it in
Old 04-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Contributors

^^^i dont know why people are against leasing. for many americans, cars are a neccessity. it is just the way our society was laid out. If you live in the suburbs, public transportation and feet just dont cut it.

Unless you are wealthy or dont mind driving a hunk of crap, car payments are likely part of your budget. always has, always will be. might as well lease, drive something new and nice, after 3 years... see ya, get a new car. no harm, no foul. funny thing is, the people who are against leasing are usually the dumb asses trading car in rolling negative equity into a new car. That is supremely assinine. of all the financial blunders i have made in my life, that is not one.

Cars ARE NOT an investment... unless you are buying a rare vehicle, in which case, there are many better investments to make anyway. Might as well lease. while people try to decide if they are going to sell and upgrade, wonder what they can get for their car, wonder if they can afford a new car, wonder how much the cars value drops after you drive it off the lot, i dont have those stressors in my life... sometimes, my friends, the grass is greener.

Back on topic... I agree with the OP
Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Huh? I don't give a crap what V was talking about. I go out with some clients for a few hours and come back to find that thread deleted? Blah!

I love how we rip banned members in many threads, but this gets deleted. Hahahahaha! Such a joke.

So much for my daily entertainment. This was for pure entertaiment, nothing more. We could have kept it going for another 15-20 pages at least. LOL!
Originally Posted by kscarrol
Believe it or not, there plenty of other lines of business that actually have clients! And as I recall, neither is a financial manager...
Strippers!!!

Come on C, admit it!

You know you want to