Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM? BOOOO!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

What happened to this forum? We would rip banned members 7 times over, but we delete a 16 year old thread that was pure entertainment? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Come on -- live a little!

OK...Let's keep asking the same questions about our cars 500 times over and keep responding with the same answers because all the new members don't search. Blah! Boring!

This place used to be fun. Oh well.

DRANGED - Come out of the closet so we can rip on you.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

are you talking about the same thing v_russian is?

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

What happened to this forum? We would rip banned members 7 times over, but we delete a 16 year old thread that was pure entertainment? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Come on -- live a little!

OK...Let's keep asking the same questions about our cars 500 times over and keep responding with the same answers because all the new members don't search. Blah! Boring!

This place used to be fun. Oh well.

DRANGED - Come out of the closet so we can rip on you.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

V and C are finally agreeing
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

dammit i totally missed out. wanted some popcorn too!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
are you talking about the same thing v_russian is?
Huh? I don't give a crap what V was talking about. I go out with some clients for a few hours and come back to find that thread deleted? Blah!

I love how we rip banned members in many threads, but this gets deleted. Hahahahaha! Such a joke.

So much for my daily entertainment. This was for pure entertaiment, nothing more. We could have kept it going for another 15-20 pages at least. LOL!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I don't know C. I think when it veered off of him and went to his mother and sister it went overboard.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Bah, and I didn't get a response to my replies.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I agree with you C. The entire thread should not have been deleted.

There is no doubt that some of the posts within 550ifreak's thread about his car accident violated the board's Terms of Service in that they were harassing and defamatory. I can only assume that that is why the thread was deleted. I disagree with the wholesale deletion of the thread as there were things in the thread that had value and frankly that were useful. The OP boasted in earlier threads of drug use and reckless driving in a residential neighborhood. Members, including me, warned him that he was heading for an accident or worse, the loss of life. And sure enough, just days later, 550ifreak wrecked his M5. This is a great example that bad driving behavior can have serious consequences and why it is reckless for parents to assist their 18 year old son acquire one of the most powerful and dangerous sedans in the world.

Deleting the entire thread was, in this member's humble opinion, an overreaction to certain specific posts within the thread that were in violation of the Terms of Service. To me, the better practice would have been to delete those posts but not to delete the entire thread. The reality is that 550ifreak started the thread and, given his previous threads, an overwhelming negative reaction was an inevitable consequence that he had to expect. Simply put, he put the matter at issue. Having done that, I do not think the consequences of his actions should have been eliminated in toto.

At the end of the day, this board belongs to Lomag who owns the domain name. The board is private property and the protections of Free Speech in the US Constitution do not apply. So the admins/mods had every legal right to delete the thread if they wanted. But this member does not think that was the best course of action.

When AmericanM5 (Josh) died in his M5 and took 4 of his friends with him to the grave, the media looked long and hard at what fellow M5board members told him prior to his death. And to their credit, the M5board members denounced his reckless driving and begged him to stop before he killed someone. And the media praised what the members had tried to do to stop Josh's march toward death. The members here have been trying to do the same thing with 550ifreak. Some posts were indeed mean-spirited and nasty and those could have been deleted. But many others were well within the Terms of Serivce and, to me, should have been spared the executioner's ax.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

This thread is making me wonder if all M5 drivers are douchebags?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
This thread is making me wonder if all M5 drivers are douchebags?

No no thats your jealousy thinking for you.. your brain is saying... " TRADDDE INN FOR A M555555"

Quick Reply: WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS FORUM? BOOOO!