Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

What happened??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

I thought C is a respected member but now I see he disrespects many members plus his no-taste jokes / comments (such laughing an e60 owner for his mods, his car is best, defending RPI, etc ).
He may lose my respect.

Remember you called me names months ago and I just ignored it because they thought it is a joke but it is a real bad joke. I wanted to post like that months ago but I didn't want to start a drama so I wanted to keep it in silence and trying to enjoy this forum. Seriously I was thinking to leave this forum and join another forums but the drama needs to stop.

Plus I have lots of DIY you didn't even know and I am afraid to post them in this forum because of that drama.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by miguex' post='1019178' date='Sep 28 2009, 12:14 PM
I thought C is a respected member but now I see he disrespects many members plus his no-taste jokes / comments (such laughing an e60 owner for his mods, his car is best, defending RPI, etc ).
He may lose my respect.

Remember you called me names months ago and I just ignored it because they thought it is a joke but it is a real bad joke. I wanted to post like that months ago but I didn't want to start a drama so I wanted to keep it in silence and trying to enjoy this forum. Seriously I was thinking to leave this forum and join another forums but the drama needs to stop.

Plus I have lots of DIY you didn't even know and I am afraid to post them in this forum because of that drama.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't recall calling you names, but if the event you took it the wrong way, my apologies. That was not my intent. My disgust for Antti was between he and I. He and I had been talking on PM prior to that thread being created, so I was a bit thrown off when he made that comment. Again though, this was between he and I, hence the reason for my angry reply to him. There was some history there, that most of you were unaware of. Maybe the GFY comment wasn't the best choice of words, so I'm sorry to those that I offended (including Antti). As for saying my car is the best, I don't think I have ever bragged on this forum of how great my car is compared to anybody else's. That's just not who I am.

And to anyone else out there that took my recent thread the wrong way, I am sorry if I offended, disrepected or upset you. It wasn't meant to come off that way, although now that I think about it, I guess it could have. I'm not going to say anymore with regards to this topic, as it's been covered plenty. I'm going to move on and contribute as I have always contributed. Enough said.

/C
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1019186' date='Sep 28 2009, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't recall calling you names, but if the event you took it the wrong way, my apologies. That was not my intent. My disgust for Antti was between he and I. He and I had been talking on PM prior to that thread being created, so I was a bit thrown off when he made that comment. Again though, this was between he and I, hence the reason for my angry reply to him. There was some history there, that most of you were unaware of. Maybe the GFY comment wasn't the best choice of words, so I'm sorry to those that I offended (including Antti). As for saying my car is the best, I don't think I have ever bragged on this forum of how great my car is compared to anybody else's. That's just not who I am.

And to anyone else out there that took my recent thread the wrong way, I am sorry if I offended, disrepected or upset you. It wasn't meant to come off that way, although now that I think about it, I guess it could have. I'm not going to say anymore with regards to this topic, as it's been covered plenty. I'm going to move on and contribute as I have always contributed. Enough said.

/C

All is good! thank you, C!

Yes, we need to stop like this and just contribute like we did years ago, making friends and not enemies and the most important of all is RESPECT. This forum is great! but the drama needs to go.

Thank you again!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks C. I'm sure I don't have to add that for the masses looking at the public side, they have no idea that you and Antti were PM'ing each other prior to and/or after your comment which offended people (as well as going against the forum standards.) I realize you use PM often but don't forget that for every person you PM that "knows" you a bit more intimately, there are an exponential number of people who don't know you in that way so that type of thing is more likely to offend the masses.

The past month or so here has been a busy one with this sort of stuff. I think we all need to pull back a little and try to stay on our best behavior while everyone recovers from these types of attacks -- whether they're intentional or just joking around. I think it's safe to say that there are many here (not just the mods/admins) who are looking at everything with a bit more scrutiny and a bit less tolerance so let's all continue to rise above the crap and show everyone how we can be more respectful to one another, etc.

I'm happy to see that it seems you understand why this became an issue and I applaud you for your sincere apology.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='1019186' date='Sep 28 2009, 07:31 PM
My disgust for Antti was between he and I. He and I had been talking on PM prior to that thread being created, so I was a bit thrown off when he made that comment. Again though, this was between he and I, hence the reason for my angry reply to him. There was some history there, that most of you were unaware of. Maybe the GFY comment wasn't the best choice of words, so I'm sorry to those that I offended (including Antti). As for saying my car is the best, I don't think I have ever bragged on this forum of how great my car is compared to anybody else's. That's just not who I am.

/C
I'm all cool with the issue .

People keep saying I have no reason to apologize, but like Calton said, there was some PM'ing between me and him earlier, and I can see his point about my discordant reaction against his thread. And he is right about that I don't know him really. Just through the forum like many others, and that exactly was my point, which I missed in my reply in his thread. I was trying to say that some people may take his posts in a wrong way (like I clearly have done) and they can't see his well-wishing attitude behind the text. On the other hand, most of his comments that I've read have been doubtlessly hilarious, and that's why I've seen him somekind of a twofolded person, and that is my loss. Pjinca spoke about "loosing it in a translation", maybe, I don't know... Anyway, I am sorry.

The respect has been mentioned many times lately on the forum. I respect C. He is the first person that I can remember on the forums !

Happy motoring Calton and everyone else too! Keep on modding!

- Antti -