Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Should I just quit donating to this site?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Andre deleted it
Andre doesn't delete threads, slick.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Only if I have to.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman
Nothing happened to it.

The thread was out of control, violating the terms of use and it would have taken way too much time to clean it up.

Agreed. Can we just get rid of that kid?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Agreed. Can we just get rid of that kid?
I try to explain why we shouldn't...:

At first when I read the posts he made I thought: troll.
Then I looked how things developed and how he reacted.
I then checked his profile and thought about what to do.

My conclusions were:
I don't think he's a troll.
I think he really is that young and can be happy to be growing up in a family which obviously has enough money so he can drive an M5.
For the most of us here on the forum, be honest, we would have done the same silly ass stupid stuff if we would have been in the same situation.
Thing is, most of us here are much more experienced, and most of us are older, some even MUCH older.
But we all have learned our lessons in the past.
How many tickets and/or accidents did it take to make you the experienced, relaxed and carefull driver that you are today?
I bet it took some time, right?
Well, in my case it did...

Now, back to this kid...

He decided to join this forum.
He thought he will find others that love to drive a BMW the way he does... and found a place where there are enthusiasts that love their cars and drive carefully.
He expected more BMW freaks like him.
The comments posted as a reaction to his posts showed him that there is a different world than he thought.
A world where people care about each other.
He probably never thought about the other people on the road, they were just in his way...
You guys are telling him, and teaching him...

And a community like ours should just exactly be like that.
Help others on the forum. And if that is by using some harsh words, so be it... as long as it is not taken too far...
With all your comments you showed that you care about him and generally about other people on the road.
You teached him, and you guys gave him a good idea of what it means to share the road with others, and what it means to drive such a powerful machine.
He probably now understands that driving a BMW is not just about power and driving a German car, it is much more than that.
And hopefully he now understands that he can be proud of driving such a wonderful car witout doing stupid stuff on the road. If someone wants to race me, I just smile and slow down. I don't need to prove anything out there. He doesn't need to prove anything either, and hopefully now understands this.

If we as a community just let him go without telling him how stupd his behavior is, or if we just ignore him, we failed as a caring family!
And if we ban him, what will his reaction be?
Look at it from your position.........
What would you do/think?
I bet you would think you have found the forum with the biggest retards on earth. And that this must be the forum of all the losers that are regularly in your way, forget the douchebags and find a better place with REAL enthusiasts... Something like that...
Would he be a better person after beeing banned? Would he be a better driver after beeing banned?

Well, I don't know if he is a better person or driver now, but we tried!
And a try is worth it and much better than doing nothing or banning him...

That's how I see it, and that's why I don't think a ban is the right answer.

I hope you giys understand where I am coming from here... It's 4.40am right now, so i am a bit tired.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

My conclusions were:
I think he really is that young and can be happy to be growing up in a family which obviously has enough money so he can drive an M5.
For the most of us here on the forum, be honest, we would have done the same silly ass stupid stuff if we would have been in the same situation.
Thing is, most of us here are much more experienced, and most of us are older, some even MUCH older.
How many tickets and/or accidents did it take to make you the experienced, relaxed and carefull driver that you are today?

Now, back to this kid...

He thought he will find others that love to drive a BMW the way he does... and found a place where there are enthusiasts that love their cars and drive carefully.
The comments posted as a reaction to his posts showed him that there is a different world than he thought.
He probably never thought about the other people on the road, they were just in his way...

Help others on the forum. And if that is by using some harsh words, so be it... as long as it is not taken too far...
With all your comments you showed that you care about him and generally about other people on the road.
You teached him, and you guys gave him a good idea of what it means to share the road with others, and what it means to drive such a powerful machine.
He probably now understands that driving a BMW is not just about power and driving a German car, it is much more than that.
And hopefully he now understands that he can be proud of driving such a wonderful car witout doing stupid stuff on the road. If someone wants to race me, I just smile and slow down. I don't need to prove anything out there. He doesn't need to prove anything either, and hopefully now understands this.

If we as a community just let him go without telling him how stupd his behavior is, or if we just ignore him, we failed as a caring family!
What would you do/think?
I bet you would think you have found the forum with the biggest retards on earth. And that this must be the forum of all the losers that are regularly in your way, forget the douchebags and find a better place with REAL enthusiasts... Something like that...
Would he be a better person after beeing banned? Would he be a better driver after beeing banned?

I hope you giys understand where I am coming from here... It's 4.40am right now, so i am a bit tired.

It's hard to disagree with your reasoning. Pretty cogent for 440 am -- or any otheer time.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

My conclusions were:

Now, back to this kid...

What would you do/think?

I agree, banning him or discouraging him from the forums is NOT the way to go... as i said in one of my posts from a few days ago.
He needs us more than he knows...
Old 04-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by danzanchy
I agree, banning him or discouraging him from the forums is NOT the way to go... as i said in one of my posts from a few days ago.
He needs us more than he knows...
Exactly!

Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

How about we give him a pink belly and shortsheet his bed? Haha!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Sorry this generalization just bothered the hell out of me:
Just cause your young doesn't mean that your parents bought your car or that your a reckless driver. I bought my e60 last year when I was 20. I paid for it myself but I don't drive like an idiot. Too much hard work went into buying it.

Advice: Banning isn't the right answer. He is just trying to impress us but he chose the wrong forum. Hopefully he will eventually learn his lesson in a safe manner. It's not our job to baby sit him. He'll realize it all.... eventually...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bens1088
Sorry this generalization just bothered the hell out of me:
Just cause your young doesn't mean that your parents bought your car or that your a reckless driver. I bought my e60 last year when I was 20. I paid for it myself but I don't drive like an idiot. Too much hard work went into buying it.

Advice: Banning isn't the right answer. He is just trying to impress us but he chose the wrong forum. Hopefully he will eventually learn his lesson in a safe manner. It's not our job to baby sit him. He'll realize it all.... eventually...
I didn't say his parents bought the car...:

This money can also come from him, who knows...
But obviously the family has enough money, wherever it comes from...

And, sorry, but it's proven that the MOST reckless drivers are indeed young! In the beginning of their 20's.
Just one example...
Over here in Germany we don't allow new drivers any alcohol anymore and the accident rate of the young drivers is MUCH better/lower now!
Of course it is not our job to babysit anyone, but... aren't we one big caring family? Don't we care about other people out there?

Quick Reply: Should I just quit donating to this site?