Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Should I just quit donating to this site?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

So the whole day I was looking forward to getting back to reading responses to this one thread. I finally get to a computer and guess what?! Andre deleted it.

Well played, jokers! Now, not only is the reckless driver, who is already on the brink of causing serious damage to himself and others, feels that he can NOT be punished, but the record of his admissions to his wrongdoings - if there were any - is fucking gone.

This place is a joke! I'm sure the rest of the contributors will keep the cash flowing, so you won't miss mine!

Hey, how about next, you start a thread about who can be more reckless behind the wheel? Or maybe a contest on who can run over the most people in a residential area?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

What the hell did I miss?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributors

You missed a thread where this one asshole posted how he got into an accident and I responded saying that he's a douchebag and should be in jail. It was the same asshole that posted the going 140 in 40 zone thread. I only saw the first couple of posts in it, but supposedly it took off and many people commented... Except we'll never get to see it because Andre deleted it, so I'm quitting my donations - I'm not paying so that Andre can arbitrarily delete threads without considering their value. When my thread got deleted a while back, I was sort of ok with it bc he convinced me somehow. This time though, the op from that thread had to stay visible and it was IMHO a disservice to the society to take down the one thread where he finally admitted to at least some wrongdoing... basically Andre decided it's better to delete the whole thread as opposed to erasing some of the comments that may or may not have been offensive.

You missed a lot Phi
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Aren't some of these posts outrageous simply trolls?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

There is no doubt that some of the posts within 550ifreak's thread about his car accident violated the board's Terms of Service in that they were harassing and defamatory. I can only assume that that is why the thread was deleted. I disagree with the wholesale deletion of the thread as there were things in the thread that had value and frankly that were useful. The OP boasted in earlier threads of drug use and reckless driving in a residential neighborhood. Members, including me, warned him that he was heading for an accident or worse, the loss of life. And sure enough, just days later, 550ifreak wrecked his M5. This is a great example that bad driving behavior can have serious consequences and why it is reckless for parents to assist their 18 year old son acquire one of the most powerful and dangerous sedans in the world.

Deleting the entire thread was, in this member's humble opinion, an overreaction to certain specific posts within the thread that were in violation of the Terms of Service. To me, the better practice would have been to delete those posts but not to delete the entire thread. The reality is that 550ifreak started the thread and, given his previous threads, an overwhelming negative reaction was an inevitable consequence that he had to expect. Simply put, he put the matter at issue. Having done that, I do not think the consequences of his actions should have been eliminated in toto.

At the end of the day, this board belongs to Lomag who owns the domain name. The board is private property and the protections of Free Speech in the US Constitution do not apply. So the admins/mods had every legal right to delete the thread if they wanted. But this member does not think that was the best course of action.

When AmericanM5 (Josh) died in his M5 and took 4 of his friends with him to the grave, the media looked long and hard at what fellow M5board members told him prior to his death. And to their credit, the M5board members denounced his reckless driving and begged him to stop before he killed someone. And the media praised what the members had tried to do to stop Josh's march toward death. The members here have been trying to do the same thing with 550ifreak. Some posts were indeed mean-spirited and nasty and those could have been deleted. But many others were well within the Terms of Serivce and, to me, should have been spared the executioner's ax.

In terms of how the mods/admins work, it is my understanding that in matters like these, they communicate with each other before taking the kind of action that they took here. I don't think that any one mod or admin acted alone precipitously. My own strong perference would have been to see the specific offensive posted deleted rather than the entire thread.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

WTF? I'm too drink for this v I'll see u in the AM WTF? Hammereded V dawg

edit man don't be gay don't go out like this
Old 03-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Skele, what the heck are you talking about lolololol.

The Iceman clearly stated before the thread got deleted that the thread was under review. I think it got out of bounds and some posts should have been deleted and maybe closed for new posts.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Contributors

I think you all agree with me deep down Not on the statement that Andre is a clown - we all know he's not (he's much too proud for that ). But on the fact that the wrong thread got deleted. I still have no idea how they let the 140 in 40 thread stay while they erased the other one about the accident

Honestly, my position is really simple: if we don't do ANY good here, than all the BS is for nothing. This kid is clearly on a collision course with his destiny if he doesn't change his ways. I haven't read the deleted thread thoroughly, so I don't know what exactly got the thread erased, but you see, that only makes it even worse! I bet the OP of that thread would've benefited from any responses - however rough. Its part of growing up and amounting to something. Now, we've gone and taught the kid a lesson that 140 in 40 threads are ok, but admitting your fault is not necessary. Great.

If that's the morals by which this forum is run, then ban me!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Contributors

Oh crap, 550iFreak crashed his M5? WTF . How did I miss that thread?

I thought that kid learned and apologized. this is AmericanM5 all over again, thank god nothing happened to him.

Isn't there an archive or something so that we can see the thread before it was deleted? Isn't there a trace that must've been left behind?

I think this job calls for
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
V fill me in.

I totally missed out. I remember the thread about 550ifreak going 140 in a residential zone but I totally missed out on the newer update. Did he do it again and crash?

A lot of us are asking. What was the thread that was deleted about.
Well, he says that he was driving "normally" and not speeding and someone cut him off and he crashed into a pole. I was the first to respond to the thread and call his bluff - if you're driving an M5, brakes will save you if someone cuts you off. Basically, if he crashed, then he was NOT driving safely is what I am saying. Then a few more people replied and the thread apparently got really heated, but I didn't even see that - all I saw was my response and a few posts after that. When I logged back in tonight, the thread was already deleted by Iceman. I think it was a bad decision on many levels and basically that's why I started this thread. I also cursed him out a few times LOL so I may get "deleted" myself hahaha but I am sick of this BS - he deletes threads without really thinking it through, while priding himself on being a pretty smart guy. I'm just sick of this. That kid that crashed the M5 is fine - this time, but maybe next time he'll hurt himself or someone else (God Forbid!!!). And then what? At least, if we could - in one way or another - at least attempt to explain to him what responsibility comes with driving an M5, then he'd stand some chance. Now, iceman erased the thread and with it all the good and bad advice that was given. So in essence, its like this: this kid can do whatever he wants and iceman just proved to him that in real life, much like on PlayStation, there is a reset button and dealing with consequences is not necessary. That's what got me all hot and bothered.

Quick Reply: Should I just quit donating to this site?